British U2 fans!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
emmaking said:
Doubt you'll know it but i live in Sandy..2 miles from Biggleswade.

Flitwick isnt too far from me, good half hour drive though.

yeah I know sandy, though not that well, Ive got a couple of friends who live there, and my sis lives in Potton.

Thats cool... it was much easier to find people from bedfordshire on here than on u2.com.... on u2.com its over taken by yanks. (no offence ;))

So you been a fan for long then? im guess by your avatar the you love bono *sigh* so do i, hehehe

emmaking said:

So you been a fan for long then? im guess by your avatar the you love bono *sigh* so do i, hehehe

No, I'm just insane, it's a packet of strawberry Bono biscuits I found on holiday.

biscuits + digital camera + too much time on my hands = Avatar.

lol.. thats mad..if that was me i wouldve bought a packet to eat and one to keep. im sad like that! ;)

u2.com isnt that welcoming - in the forum whatever i say gets laughedat/shouted at! strawberry bono biscuits?:drool:

partygirlvox said:
strawberry bono biscuits?:drool:

Well, you would have though so, but in fact they tasted a bit like flavoured cardboard.

There were chocolate ones as well, which looked slightly less appealing.

The green background to the avatar is actually a green glass chopping board. It took me quite a while to find something with the right colour contrast to the Bono biscuits.

Not vital information I know, but I may as well keep you fully informed with all the facts.

Bono tastes of flavoured cardboard ...i wonder what he would make of that!
And when im taking photos im like that - i wont take the picture until its PERFECT!

partygirlvox said:
u2.com isnt that welcoming - in the forum whatever i say gets laughedat/shouted at! strawberry bono biscuits?:drool:

What is your username for u2.com?

I agree most people arent welcoming, especially to new members.

Wow, this has certainly burst into life since I last looked in, although the interest seems to be concentrated in one area. Maybe U2 will have to book Luton airport the next time they tour.

tarquinsuperb said:
Wow, this has certainly burst into life since I last looked in, although the interest seems to be concentrated in one area. Maybe U2 will have to book Luton airport the next time they tour.

Good point,

Though I was disappointed when the Popmart tour didnt get to Kenilworth Road.

Ellay said:

Good point,

Though I was disappointed when the Popmart tour didnt get to Kenilworth Road.

Well maybe we should make the effort and petition the band.
Vertigo Leg 5: Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Tokyo.......Luton.

Ellay said:

best lot locally though are U2 tribute band ZU2 . they regularly play at the Horn in St Albans, Ive seen them three or four times now - great night out.. Think they're playing there next on may 5th, the horn has got a website with gig list.

usually only between 3-5 quid to get in as well

Hey,
Funny, 'was just browsing on this thread again, I went to see ZU2 last Friday, it's my fave night out! They will be back there in September. We were actually saying on the night, that it would be nice to have more U2 fans, as it's seems to always be us (3 of us) and other new people every time.

onegirl said:

Hey,
Funny, 'was just browsing on this thread again, I went to see ZU2 last Friday, it's my fave night out! They will be back there in September. We were actually saying on the night, that it would be nice to have more U2 fans, as it's seems to always be us (3 of us) and other new people every time.

I was there too, I stood right next to the left hand speaker at the front. I was deaf for Three Days. Madness.

Great performance. Superb encore of HMTMKMKM as well!!!!!!

Hi Ellay,

I was next to the speaker on the right-handside!! My ears were still buzzing the next day, which is how it should be. Just wish the Horn was slightly bigger cos it always gets so crammed in there.

What cracks me up the most is when "Bono's onstage, he sounds Irish, but if you speak to him after the gig, he's got the strongest brummie accent :lol:

Right, I've got a ticket!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

ticketbp3.jpg

:wink:

(I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread, I've been trying to find other british fans for ages!)
Luton?! I'm there :lol:

Hi folks
I'm from Norwich and a big U2 fan though i only got the chance to see them at twickenham last summer, miracle drug, city of blinding lights and the simple prop of a ballon bono lets go as it floats off into the barely perceptible and so many other songs, one hugely beautiful and awesome day. Hope to hear from you near or far

U2 Beginner said:
^ What?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! :shocked: You live in Luton?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Haha not any more, I was visiting my aunty when I posted that!
Luton - what a random place!

Hey Green
I'm from Norwich too tell me more about yourself, somebody told me u2 played the uEA once, can you imagine that? -jules

Back
Top Bottom