British U2 fans!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi - greetings from Amersham - just outside London

I've been a fan for what seems like about 500 years and have seen the band 47 times. First gig I went to I was 15yrs old, haven't stopped since. Best gigs would be Unforgettable Fire in London (place went mental and registered as a minor earthquake!), Love Comes to Town in Dortmund with BB King, and the two Dublin gigs at RDS and Slane.

Can't wait for this tour - going to spread my wings and try and go global with a US gig.

Best band in the world with the best fans in the world

:love:

aardvark said:
Hi - greetings from Amersham - just outside London

I've been a fan for what seems like about 500 years and have seen the band 47 times. First gig I went to I was 15yrs old, haven't stopped since. Best gigs would be Unforgettable Fire in London (place went mental and registered as a minor earthquake!), Love Comes to Town in Dortmund with BB King, and the two Dublin gigs at RDS and Slane.

Can't wait for this tour - going to spread my wings and try and go global with a US gig.

Best band in the world with the best fans in the world

:love:

I'm just down the road from you lol...in High Wycombe. Been a fan since 1985 (missed the UF tour tho :(), still, got to see them on JT & Zoo & Elevation.

I managed to see them in US on Elevation, def would recommend it...had a brilliant time meeting ppl. Hope to do the same again for the next tour. If there is anything u want to know about seeing them in US, feel free to email me (u2fan12000@yahoo.co.uk)...I'll try to offer some useful advice :)

Squishy Peanut said:
Hey, hey! I live in Croydon (i.e. Hell-On-Earth) :eyebrow:

Hey there! I live not far from you in Catford! Croydon, hell on earth? LOL! I wonder why? I do like Croydon a bit but not that much tho I do go there for shopping and the pubs from time to time!

So :wave: Squishy!

dougal

Hiya I'm from Grimsby (lincolnshire) nice to see there are a few from the UK. I'm hoping to see as many U2 gigs as possible next year. Seems like everyone's touring next year though, REM, Oasis, Coldplay. Looks like I'm gonna be really skint.

Hi, how wierd is that? The last post before mine is someone from Grimsby. I'm from Cleethorpes! Living in Grimsby.

How are you bonosbaby? Grimsby is ace! (In a shit kinda way!)

Wow - I didn't know there was any more U2 weirdos (as I like to think of myself) in Grimsby - I thought I was a rare species. :wink:

Nice to hear from you Heartland Kid - strange place this cyberworld sometimes hey??

p.s. you're right Grimsby is ace (in a shit kinda way):laugh:

Any fans out there who live in Norwich? Been a fan since i was 13. Went to see the lads In 1993 at Wembley Stadium:happy:

u2 fan from Milton Keynes(the true HELL on earth)
i'm the only u2 fan i know about
everyone else here is inbreed i think
unfortunatly haven't been to any u2 gigs but will next year.

Well the UK fans have got this to four pages now, so that's cool!
I'm from Devon - certainly the biggest U2 fan round these parts, as far as I know....:eyebrow:
There's probably someone in the middle of Dartmoor that can match me or summat! :wink:

I'm from Ohio originally but I live in South Kent now. We're going to be moving up to Sheffield sometime early next year though. Nice to meet you all!

I'm in Scotland and am just saying hello. Looking forward to seeing the band in Scotland next year!!! Any one out there who saw U2 at the Edinburgh Playhouse in February 1983??

Hi everyone,

Just joined Interference...am a huge U2 fan from E.Sussex - nice to see loads of Brit fans here :)

I live near Drayton Manor I can hear the screaming of people on Apocalypse muuahahaa [just joking]

Yeup I must agree not very many people like U2 and even more people hate Bono :( but I tell em to go spin

I live in Hull, East Yorkshire at the moment, but will be moving elsewhere next year when i leave for uni.

I can't say i know anyone in person who loves U2 with the same magnitude as me...so its a relief to find like-minded people here!

hey,

I'm from Birmingham, but I go to Warwick uni. I've been here for 18 months now and have not come across another person who is as keen on the band as I am. It's so frustrating!

I've started educating my best friend in the 'ways of U2'... we may have a convert yet, hahaha

tink x

*bounces in, singing U2 tunes all the way from sunny Cornwall*

Yeah, I'm in the middle of nowhere, although September=Uni, so I'm outta here to a more sociable place. Here I come, Reading Festival... Glastonbury, make way for me and my giant green wellies... yeah, the highlights of Uni is the accessability of a social life on the music scene. Studying? Nah...

Yeah, so I'm in the South West :) Greetings to the rest of Britain

Back
Top Bottom