Bono in Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono2.jpg

bono5.jpg

I didn't get to get a picture with Bono but it was fine just being that close. I did however get to him a little gift that he took right out of my hands and held it under his arm the whole time he was signing.

OMG, Bono now has my name!

He was so sweet and nice with everyone as always, I wish I could say the same for some of the pushy fans. :huh:

JC, can you post the one with a third of my face and Bono? Or send me the photo? yourwildhorses @gmail.com

Last night was amazing. The speech was phenomenal and then Bono was great. He came right to me and LauraMullen on the rope line (we were furthest from his car and held our hands for what seemed like forever, and I told him it was a beautiful speech and he was like "nah" and I said something like "It was great, and thank you for the parts about torture and Burma" and he said "I flubbed the Burma part" (or something to that effect) and I said "you got the point across, it was good". Then Laura had her picture taken with him and then I tried to but nothing came out, however with all the time my shitty camera took, I had Bono's arm around me for forever, and he gives a nice tight squeeze and smells quite good. But maybe I'll save that for PLEBA.

JC, awesome pics. My head is in a buch of your pics. I also would like copies if you don't mind. I think the one pic is when Bono was smiling at me after I said jokingly that he wasn't looking in my pic with him. He also wouldn't let go of my right hand. He kept walking down the line and finally he let. I guess he realized I'm not stretch armstrong. But it was cool.

yeah, i was a bit disappointed that i didnt get a pic with him or more time since it was my first time meeting him i just hope i can get anotehr to chance.
but at least i had some conversation with him. :D

trudy you were soooo lucky and you too laura! I was speechless when he was talking 2 u guys

lol oh yeah thanks, i had to say the sexy beast part but they cut out another amazing thing i said

The sexy beast comment was classic, Adge! I didn't see any other part of those interviews but one of my clients saw my interview on the news and emailed me about it. She didn't seem surprised to see me lining up to see Bono :)

Ladies, I am happy to have met you in the line. I'm glad that you met Bono and am kicking myself for not finding you and hanging around after the ceremony. :madspit:

Oh well, maybe next time..

June

I loved Bono's speech. And thanks to JC, I got to see him afterwards.
When Bono was signing, I said out loud, "Bono, did you have a good night?" he answered, "I had a great night. Thank you"

When he was finished signing, he said to all, It was great meeting you. He was right in front of me so I reached out and put my hand on his upperarm near his shoulder squeezed it
gently and said, "It was good meeting you, Bono." He added, "Bye now," and walked away.

Thanks so much for calling me, JC.

I'm glad that you all had a wonderful time at the event.

I was even more surprised, Val, when BONO KEPT CALLING MY NAME OUT TO MEET ME AGAIN when I kept getting pushed back into the crowd and couldn't reach him.

He was so determined to find me that he allowed our mutual friend to lead him to the back of the line where we had the MOST GLORIOUS talk. (btw, he reached out his hands to grab mine) :wink:

There is a video of the initial encounter - I might post it.

Bono is a very generous man AND EVEN MORE LOYAL TO THOSE THAT HE CONSIDERS HIS FRIENDS MORE THAN HIS FANS.

:bonodrum: :hug:

Allegra said:
I see they have added the complete speech here under WEB EXTRA: Bono receives the Liberty Medal...

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news&id=5679391

And I saw Debbie, aka "Jamila," in the audience about the 7:45 mark.

Very awesome speech! I'm glad I was able to watch it totally online this morning.

:up:

I'm now a happy camper :D

Thanks Allegra for mentioning me in this thread. I had no idea that you were going to this event.

I will definitely have to check out this video - didn't know that I was in it.

I hope that you had a good time. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Allegra, forgive me - it's early in the morning.

I see that you watched it online - I wished that you could have been there.

You're a REAL U2 fan - always thoughtful of everybody.:applaud:

Jamila, I have been quiet until now, but the truth is I saw you being rude to others from the beginning... while entering the area you made rude loud remarks to people like you paid $50 for your ticket which paid their salaries when most of the people were volunteers who helped the people find seats, to fans, to your friend making Bono's visit to his FANS all about you. I am a kind generous person, who usually doesn't make waves, but I was embarrased by your behavior in front of Bono. You need to do some soul searching. Maybe I've said too much.

Val said:
Jamila, I have been quiet until now, but the truth is I saw you being rude to others from the beginning... while entering the area you made rude loud remarks to people like you paid $50 for your ticket which paid their salaries when most of the people were volunteers who helped the people find seats, to fans, to your friend making Bono's visit to his FANS all about you. I am a kind generous person, who usually doesn't make waves, but I was embarrased by your behavior in front of Bono. You need to do some soul searching. Maybe I've said too much.
:applaud:
Wasn't there, but don't feel bad about standing up and speaking out...
I read these posts and she does seem to make the last few all about HER....it's annoying....
What is this all about "I was even more surprised, Val, when BONO KEPT CALLING MY NAME OUT TO MEET ME AGAIN when I kept getting pushed back into the crowd and couldn't reach him."

So keep on calling out those who misrepresent!!
:rockon:

Val, it's amazing how people have different viewpoints of the same situation.

The people who were working the event that I said that too (about paying $50 for the tix - which was the truth) smiled and laughed with me so I don't see the problem with it.

This was the simple truth - most of us will never use our membership with the NCC because we only bought our membership to have a chance to get first dibs on tix for the event.

In effect, we all paid $50 to get two GA tix for the event.

Second, when Bono could finally find me in the crowd (if you were at the front of the crowd then you KNOW when my friend told him that I was there, he kept calling my name looking for me). My friend had to finally lead him through the crowd over to me at the back.

When we finally met once again, Bono grabbed my hand and never let go of it. We talked for several minutes about a project that I'm involved with with one of his associates - and I finally asked him for the first time in 25 years for an autograph (which I received).

I would have assumed that if Bono was "embarassed" then he either wouldn't have come over to talk with me as enthusiastically as he did or, at least, he wouldn't have reached out to hold my hands as quickly as he did.

I'm not here to tear down anyone else's experiences from last week. Neither am I willing to have others tear down mine. :eyebrow:

Let's just all appreciate that we got to be in this man's presence and try to do what he says: CoeXisT.

:bonodrum: :hi5:

Jamila.. my last word on this is I ask you to please think about who's drum you're really banging. And I'll add that I'm glad for Bono that he didn't see your behavior throughtout the day. And it was HIS day.

Val said:
Jamila.. my last word on this is I ask you to please think about who's drum you're really banging. And I'll add that I'm glad for Bono that he didn't see your behavior throughtout the day. And it was HIS day.

Val, God bless you too. :wink:

The mutual friend and I got to the event aboutl 4:30pm when they were letting us all in.

When we got to our seats, we had a WONDERFUL and very POSITIVE conversation with the people around us for almost two hours.

One group was a man and his wife and his sister from Philly who came to see Bono speak and the other was an older married couple next to me who were very interested in learning more about ONE and (RED).

The group of us talked for nearly two hours without any problems. In fact, I refer(red) them over to several websites where they could learn more about Bono's organizations for Africa. :up:

Both groups of people also saw the African craft items that I had just received from an associate of B's that afternoon to sell to raise money for a group of families back in Africa and they bought most the craft items that I had. :dancing:

When we discussed with Bono about what had happened during the course of the day later on that night in the meet and greet, he was VERY PLEASED and told me specifically to continue what I'm doing to help Africa.

Our viewpoints will never gel, so it's best for us all to just continue going our separate ways and trying to CoeXisT with each other.

That's the BEST way to respect Bono. :bonodrum: :hug:

Jamila said:

I was even more surprised, Val, when BONO KEPT CALLING MY NAME OUT TO MEET ME AGAIN when I kept getting pushed back into the crowd and couldn't reach him.

He was so determined to find me that he allowed our mutual friend to lead him to the back of the line where we had the MOST GLORIOUS talk. (btw, he reached out his hands to grab mine) :wink:

Yes please post a video of this so called encounter and Bono calling out YOUR name in a crowd of hundreds :eyebrow:

Jamila said:

Ahhhh, no. he wasn't "determined" and the talk, thats some fantasy world because I was there and saw the whole thing.

][Seen the clip of him calling your name, yes that is true, but if there other proof then call us on it.

Bono is a very generous man AND EVEN MORE LOYAL TO THOSE THAT HE CONSIDERS HIS FRIENDS MORE THAN HIS FANS.

I hope your not saying that he values you a friend more than any of the rest of us. You stood at the curb like everyone else.

:bonodrum: :hug:

Jamilia, saw you quite a bit that day, so I hope what you are saying is accurate.

Jamila said:

Val, God bless you too. :wink:

The mutual friend and I got to the event aboutl 4:30pm when they were letting us all in.

When we got to our seats, we had a WONDERFUL and very POSITIVE conversation with the people around us for almost two hours.

One group was a man and his wife and his sister from Philly who came to see Bono speak and the other was an older married couple next to me who were very interested in learning more about ONE and (RED).

The group of us talked for nearly two hours without any problems. In fact, I refer(red) them over to several websites where they could learn more about Bono's organizations for Africa. :up:

Both groups of people also saw the African craft items that I had just received from an associate of B's that afternoon to sell to raise money for a group of families back in Africa and they bought most the craft items that I had. :dancing:

When we discussed with Bono about what had happened during the course of the day later on that night in the meet and greet, he was VERY PLEASED and told me specifically to continue what I'm doing to help Africa.

Our viewpoints will never gel, so it's best for us all to just continue going our separate ways and trying to CoeXisT with each other.

That's the BEST way to respect Bono. :bonodrum: :hug:

You got there earlier than 430
Sat with your friend on the right side where she sat directly behind you and you spoke with each other because there was no one else around.
At 5 minutes before it began, people were told to move up and you did.
The speech with Bono, think again because I was right there.

Here's the video:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=TPkgri1lzO0

And here's a comment from a disgruntled Zootopian who was there:

"Oh that is a nice video.

That person screaming about Debbie is her mutual friend!! Apparently they could not wait for Bono to make his way down the line so they had to push thru when other fans were getting their turn and yell....DEBBIE IS OVER HERE!! BONO IT'S DEBBIE!!! Blah blah blah. Real impressive how they jumped off the curb and refused to follow the protocol requested by security and the police.

But of course she is so important. And is so close...that is why the "mutual friend" had to push thru the crowd screaming and explaining who they were.

Yep. Unlike Dan and his friends I posted about above....that performance was no class. It broke the rules for the meet and greet and when Bono could finally break away from her grasp...he ran to his car and all the other waiting fans lost their chance.

Thanks Debbie for your selfishness and ruining it for others who came just as far and waited just as long. If I had only known all your meetings were precipitated by hysterical screaming and pushiness....if I had only known "mutual friend" just means someone else who maybe met Bono before...well...I still would not behave like that."

And another, from Zootopia:

"you certainly got that right! I really love how she "told" me to "get out of her way" and when I told her no.....I was asked the most moronic question ever..... "Do you know who I am ???" Why yes, I do, you are NOBODY. At least we now know what all the jibberish talk about mututal friends is! Good lord, I am glad I do not have any of them!!!! It was the craziest sceen I ever saw! To actaully have someone scream and yell and carry on about all the good things their friend does for the world......while Bono is trying to talk to ALL of his fans.....ouch!"

Ouch, indeed. :|

Jamila said:
Val, it's amazing how people have different viewpoints of the same situation.

The people who were working the event that I said that too (about paying $50 for the tix - which was the truth) smiled and laughed with me so I don't see the problem with it.

This was the simple truth - most of us will never use our membership with the NCC because we only bought our membership to have a chance to get first dibs on tix for the event.

In effect, we all paid $50 to get two GA tix for the event.

Second, when Bono could finally find me in the crowd (if you were at the front of the crowd then you KNOW when my friend told him that I was there, he kept calling my name looking for me). My friend had to finally lead him through the crowd over to me at the back.

When we finally met once again, Bono grabbed my hand and never let go of it. We talked for several minutes about a project that I'm involved with with one of his associates - and I finally asked him for the first time in 25 years for an autograph (which I received).

I would have assumed that if Bono was "embarassed" then he either wouldn't have come over to talk with me as enthusiastically as he did or, at least, he wouldn't have reached out to hold my hands as quickly as he did.

I'm not here to tear down anyone else's experiences from last week. Neither am I willing to have others tear down mine. :eyebrow:

Let's just all appreciate that we got to be in this man's presence and try to do what he says: CoeXisT.

:bonodrum: :hi5:

No, paid 7.50 for shipping I didn't pay $50.

After he called your name he continued to sign autographs. Maybe he did hold your hand for a brief second, and signed something for you but a few minutes of conversation, he didn't have several minutes to talk to any fan. He was then talking to the guy with the beard who was interviewing him and then was ushered by Brian to the other SUV because certain people were grabbing at him and then they drove off.

Your friend didn't lead him back to the crowd there were police officers holding the crowd back with there bikes.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom