Bono Feb 3rd D.C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattip2000

New Yorker
Anyone going to hear Bono speak in Feb in Wash. D.C. want to meet up?

There was some talk about this about a month or so ago. There are quite a number of Interferencers who are going. Check the archives, it was probably around mid November time frame. I wish I could go, I would LOVE to hear Bono speak on a serious subject sometime in person, rather than watching him on TV or radio.

Okay, folks--let's get some planning going! :hyper: Is anyone staying the night or from the area and want to hang out/go out afterwards? I'll be finishing Step 2 of my boards for med school & would love to meet up after y'all are done listening to/stalking Bono. Shall we pick a nearby pub?

Last edited:
hey utoo... that sounds like a grand idea... a pub nearby would be fun! When I get a chance I will look into what around the Washington Hilton.. We could also meet up in the bar in the hotel too.

Awesome! The hotel is at 1919 Connecticut Avenue, NW. My wife actually works in the building right next to it! :) There are some good places very close to the hotel. One I'd recommend is called The Brickskeller. It's a few blocks away, definitely in walking distance, and it's famous in the area for having hundreds of beers from all over the world.

Brickskeller's main page: http://www.thebrickskeller.net/

Brickskellers's huge beer list: http://www.thebrickskeller.net/_wsn/page3.html

Any suggestion, though, would definitely be fun. :)

Hi...

I'm new here...are newbies welcome at meetups? Hopefully I will be going to this talk, if I can still get tickets.

Ralphie said:
Hi...

I'm new here...are newbies welcome at meetups? Hopefully I will be going to this talk, if I can still get tickets.

Everyone is welcome, I guess we need to get on the ball with the exact details though….. I think you should still be able to get tickets, last I heard they were still available. Check out the thread in Pleaba it's more active.

pattip2000 said:

Everyone is welcome, I guess we need to get on the ball with the exact details though….. I think you should still be able to get tickets, last I heard they were still available. Check out the thread in Pleaba it's more active.

Hey Ralphie, hope you can make it! I'm a newbie; this will be my first meet up! Welcome to Interference!!

:laugh:

Okay, details! :)

I think The Brickskeller would be a lot of fun. It's a few blocks away, but easily walkable. I'm not able to go to the speech (got to take Step 2 of my medical boards :sad: ), but I'd really like to meet up with everyone. If folks would like to do the Brickskeller, maybe we can all meet up somewhere outside the hotel (I can suggest a few spots). Would anyone who'll have a cell phone be able to email or PM me & I'll give you my number---just give me a call when the speech is done & you're ready to hang out? And also if you guys decide to go somewhere else instead of Brickskeller---gimme a call? :hug: :reject:

utooguy@gmail.com

Yay, I got tickets today! They are in section 8 which is in the back, but its general seating within the section. I got a floorplan with my ticket but can't really tell from that how big the room is, so I'm hoping I'm at least close enough to see what's going on. I'll be interested to see what Bono does at a speech-type venue like this, it'll be so different from the concert setting.

My e-mail is Ralphie079@yahoo.com if anyone wants to e-mail me about meeting up.

I couldn't afford a ticket for this so I am just dropping by in the afternoon to say hi....I am tempted to come to the meetup, but not sure what I would do with myself while the speech is on. Still thinking about it.

The only total drag is that I have to drive home and can't drink! :grumpy:

u2forlife said:
Hi :wave:

Pattip2000, cruzilla and Westendgirl, loved hanging out with you guys. Sorry we didn't get to meet up, Utoo. :( I will have to come back to DC for another Interference gathering.

Love ya Mrs. Edge :kiss:

Thanks Kimla! We had an awesome time. Sorry we missed you on Saturday :(

Keep me posted on any other gatherings in DC.... I love that area!

u2forlife said:

Pattip2000, cruzilla and Westendgirl, loved hanging out with you guys. Sorry we didn't get to meet up, Utoo. :( I will have to come back to DC for another Interference gathering.

:wave: I'll get to work on a DC-area party...:hyper:

u2forlife said:

:wave: It was great to meet you Kimla...I hear you have a little fan in Maryland! :wink: Come back anytime. I know Amy and I can talk U2 for hours!

Back
Top Bottom