aussie chat thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

There has not been and never will be a Big Day Out lineup strong enough for me to contemplate spending a day with the 40,000 wankers that go to the Auckland Big Day Out.

Could be worse. Could be the Gold Coast Big Day Out. I can't fathom why the hell anybody would want to do that. Both the Gold Coast and the Big Day Out are bad enough on their own, but putting them together? Recipe for disaster.

Axver said:
I'm just glad no band I have wanted to see has been exclusively playing festivals. I think the only way you'd get me to one is if it were something like Anathema/Blackfield/Pure Reason Revolution/Agalloch/Orphaned Land/Porcupine Tree, and that sure as hell won't happen in this part of the world. :(
TripleJ mentions metal festivals from time to time... no idea where or when or who's playing... :shrug:

mysterious_jen said:
you are doing my head in ....

Aww, poor Jen. What are you doing home of a Friday night anyway? I thought that was only for nerds like me who have no life.

Alisaura said:

TripleJ mentions metal festivals from time to time... no idea where or when or who's playing... :shrug:

All those I've encountered here have looked really shitty and juvenile.

You have no idea how out of place I felt in the Dream Theater crowd, and that was just Festival Hall!

Hahaha. Yeah, I don't know aussie slang for the most part. Anyway, now that it seems to be post-head-doing, I really need to get some sleep I think.

Axver said:
Ooh, then hopefully it was from the current season! I'll have to give the DVDs a spin tomorrow when I'm not postwhoring or something.
Some time after U2 have retired for 20 years and there are no more gaps in the entire history of their setlists....?

:wink:

Axver said:

Aww, poor Jen. What are you doing home of a Friday night anyway? I thought that was only for nerds like me who have no life.

geeelong is a dangerous fucking place darlin .

and the wine is cheap and flows freely here !

coolian2 said:
You haven't had a bad Port-A-Loo experience until there is only one for miles and no real toilets for some distance and there is a bumblebee flying around inside the Port-A-Loo.

:lmao: Oh, that's just classic though. :lmao:

mysterious_jen said:

geeelong is a dangerous fucking place darlin .

and the wine is cheap and flows freely here !

I thought nothing happened in Geelong except perhaps a tumbleweed bouncing down the main street!

Oh, wait, that's Adelaide.

Hey, where's Saddo? She would totally take the funny rating of this thread through the roof.

the tourist said:
Hahaha. Yeah, I don't know aussie slang for the most part. Anyway, now that it seems to be post-head-doing, I really need to get some sleep I think.

Otherwise I may get into trouble. :shifty:

Alisaura said:

Some time after U2 have retired for 20 years and there are no more gaps in the entire history of their setlists....?

:wink:

:lol:

I can't wait for the next tour and to do my live setlists again. :drool:

Re: Pop, I agree about the final three tracks. As for IGWSHA, it's alright, not bad, not great, and the mixing is really horrible.

coolian2 said:
My aim, despite ducking and dodging every time i heard it buzzing, was perfect.

This, I suspect, was the one detail we did not really wish to know.

coolian2 said:
You haven't had a bad Port-A-Loo experience until there is only one for miles and no real toilets for some distance and there is a bumblebee flying around inside the Port-A-Loo.
I have stories about toilets in national parks that involve either a tiny wooden hut with a hole in the ground which is infested with GIANT HAIRY SPIDERS...
... or an otherwise decent loo which happens to be one of those septic tank things and is surrounded by the sort of thick, pungent stench that you could cut with a knife. We all learned to hold our breath for several minutes on that field trip.

Axver said:

I thought nothing happened in Geelong except perhaps a tumbleweed bouncing down the main street!

Oh, wait, that's Adelaide.

Hey, where's Saddo? She would totally take the funny rating of this thread through the roof.

uh ah , usually a rape and a couple of homcidal bashings each weekend in the centre of town plus the action in the suburbs !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom