aussie chat thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:
I've heard of it. Which is why I don't use public toilets.

I avoid them, but when I must use one, a lot of paper towels over surfaces allays any worries I have.

I swear to God, though, the port-a-loos at U2 gigs were the fucking pits. Those were terrible.

mysterious_jen said:

all the good things in life, but what no nachos ????

No way was I stopping to find out. The rednecks would've probably quickly killed a nerd like me!

the tourist said:

When I was 6, I saw this rhyme written into the wall of a public toilet in California:

"Here I sit all broken hearted
Tried to shit but only farted
So I decided to beat my meat
Sorry I came all over the seat."

I didn't get what it meant back then.
Thank the lord all I did was pee.

:lmao: That's classic.

And hey, tourist, someone's bitching at you in the original EYKIW thread.

Axver said:
I swear to God, though, the port-a-loos at U2 gigs were the fucking pits. Those were terrible.
1. Having a hotel room 5 mins from Telstra Dome was awesome.

2. Main reason I have never been to a music festival and probably will never go to one.

Axver said:

:lmao: That's classic.

And hey, tourist, someone's bitching at you in the original EYKIW thread.

Yeah, I apologized because I can play nice. But yeah, about that toilet, I'm glad I didn't have to crap. I would've slipped right off the seat and not known why!

Axver said:
No way was I stopping to find out. The rednecks would've probably quickly killed a nerd like me!
Did you see that episode of Top Gear where they drove across the Deep South in a car that had "Man love" painted in pink on the side?

:lol:

Alisaura said:

1. Having a hotel room 5 mins from Telstra Dome was awesome.

2. Main reason I have never been to a music festival and probably will never go to one.

Hah, yeah, my hotel was the one on the corner of Spencer and LaTrobe. That was so convenient. But I had to use the ones in Brisbane, Sydney, and Auckland. That was horrible.

And I'd never want to go to a music festival just because there's never enough bands I'd care to tolerate the crowds to see.

Alisaura said:

Did you see that episode of Top Gear where they drove across the Deep South in a car that had "Man love" painted in pink on the side?

:lol:

NO. That sounds AMAZING. Is it from the latest series that just aired on SBS? Because if it is, one of my friends on the Gold Coast gave me almost all of it on DVD. I just haven't watched much yet.

Axver said:
And I'd never want to go to a music festival just because there's never enough bands I'd care to tolerate the crowds to see.
That too... although a couple of Big Day Out lineups have looked tempting. And my housemates are going to another one that looks good too... still not enough to make me risk port-a-loos. :yuck:

Axver said:
NO. That sounds AMAZING. Is it from the latest series that just aired on SBS? Because if it is, one of my friends on the Gold Coast gave me almost all of it on DVD. I just haven't watched much yet.
I think it aired on SBS about a month ago... I saw a bit of it last time I was at my parents' place, and I think that was the Australia Day weekend.

Alisaura said:

That too... although a couple of Big Day Out lineups have looked tempting. And my housemates are going to another one that looks good too... still not enough to make me risk port-a-loos. :yuck:

I'm just glad no band I have wanted to see has been exclusively playing festivals. I think the only way you'd get me to one is if it were something like Anathema/Blackfield/Pure Reason Revolution/Agalloch/Orphaned Land/Porcupine Tree, and that sure as hell won't happen in this part of the world. :(

Alisaura said:

There has not been and never will be a Big Day Out lineup strong enough for me to contemplate spending a day with the 40,000 wankers that go to the Auckland Big Day Out.

Alisaura said:

I think it aired on SBS about a month ago... I saw a bit of it last time I was at my parents' place, and I think that was the Australia Day weekend.

Ooh, then hopefully it was from the current season! I'll have to give the DVDs a spin tomorrow when I'm not postwhoring or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom