aussie chat thread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #391
Refugee

Local Time: 04:32 PM
I just discovered this thread

What am I doing up at almost 1.30 am????!! I'm trying to decide whether or not to go down to Hobart with a couple of friends in a couple weekends' time, to see a couple of gigs (Jeff Martin).

Should I go? or what?!?! *dilemma*

Old 02-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #392
Vocal parasite

Are you sure you should be asking me for advice? I mean, I'm the guy who saw U2 10 times in 3 countries, and is now going to every Porcupine Tree gig in Australia. Of course I'm going to say "GO!"

And did you see what we did to the poor Pop Survivor thread before establishing this madness here?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #393
Refugee

I say 'couple' tooo much
Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #394
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Are you sure you should be asking me for advice? I mean, I'm the guy who saw U2 10 times in 3 countries, and is now going to every Porcupine Tree gig in Australia. Of course I'm going to say "GO!"

I KNOOOOOOOOW ... and I usually don't hesitate on these mad trips away .... I'm just worried money wise ... but I know if I don't go I will sadly regret it!!!

Why can't airfares to Hobart be $30 or somethin'!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:28 AM   #395
Vocal parasite

Oh, and the answer to this:

Quote:
Originally posted by TranceEnding
What am I doing up at almost 1.30 am????!!
You're up on Interference being cool with the cool people. Sleep is for the weak and decidedly uncool. Like Varitek, who chickened out on our insane postwhoring far too early. I hope she sees this.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #396
Refugee

Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #397
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by TranceEnding
I KNOOOOOOOOW ... and I usually don't hesitate on these mad trips away .... I'm just worried money wise ... but I know if I don't go I will sadly regret it!!!

Why can't airfares to Hobart be $30 or somethin'!!!!!!!
I'd tell you to see if Tiger Airways has a special, but I'd actually like you to survive the flight, so I won't.

What's the ferry like, cost and practicality wise? Might be an option?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #398
Vocal parasite

Also, can I just say I'm very proud to be the only person present in every phase of the postwhoring? Right from the first page of Pop Survivor to now.

... wait, maybe that's not a good thing.

Ah, to hell with it, I was only going to waste today watching cricket anyway.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-22-2008, 09:34 AM   #399
Blue Crack Supplier

Hey Melissa

*isn't still up*

Go to Hobart! Regrets suck.

The ferry was fun, if time-consuming... no idea how much it cost. Hope you get good weather and don't have issues with sleeping when everything is moving ever so slightly. I never noticed it till I went to bed (bunk?). Was interesting.

We decided at work that Tiger's planes are made of balsa wood. Therefore if you ditch into Bass Strait, it'll all float. No worries!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #400
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
Hey Melissa

*isn't still up*

Quote:
The ferry was fun, if time-consuming... no idea how much it cost. Hope you get good weather and don't have issues with sleeping when everything is moving ever so slightly. I never noticed it till I went to bed (bunk?). Was interesting.
Wow, the ferry trip is that long? I thought it'd be like the Interislander in New Zealand, 3 or so hours from Wellington across Cook Strait to Picton. It's a proper voyage with bunks and everything?

Quote:
We decided at work that Tiger's planes are made of balsa wood. Therefore if you ditch into Bass Straight, it'll all float. No worries!
Though you may be in trouble if it disintegrates over some rugged part of Tassie ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #401
Refugee

Quote:

I'd tell you to see if Tiger Airways has a special, but I'd actually like you to survive the flight, so I won't.

I actually thought of Tiger ... and then I thought .. ummmmm .. NO! I have trouble even getting on Jetstar! Though, they are the cheapest at the moment. Oh nooo .. what to do?

I thought about going to Launceston, which is a little bit cheaper .. but then I'd have to pay for transport to Hobart by bus, so I figure it would roughly cost the same in any case.

I've been thinking about this ALL day at work, and it's starting to drive me insane I found out one of my Jeff fan-pals is heading down for his shows yesterday and I thought, I WANNA GO TOO! And then another friend rang me tonight saying we should go together! So it must be sign! All the planets are aligning I think I'd better go .. the question is, will my credit card self-destruct if I charge anything else to it
Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #402
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

We decided at work that Tiger's planes are made of balsa wood. Therefore if you ditch into Bass Strait, it'll all float. No worries!

Hi Ali !!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #403
Vocal parasite

Oh God, Jetstar. What's worse, eh? I loved that Chaser skit where they offered people seats up the back of the plane, using the front as a "crumple zone" in case of an accident.

See, you're going to regret it if you don't go. I'm not going to talk you out of doing it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #404
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Wow, the ferry trip is that long? I thought it'd be like the Interislander in New Zealand, 3 or so hours from Wellington across Cook Strait to Picton. It's a proper voyage with bunks and everything?

Though you may be in trouble if it disintegrates over some rugged part of Tassie ...
I think it takes about 8 hours to get from Melb to Launceston on the ferry... we happened to leave Melbourne in the evening, so we got to sleep in a cabin and stuff. There are probably ones that leave in the morning so you get to spend 8 hours staring at the ocean instead...

Disintegrating over rugged Tasmania = one of those plane crash films involving cannibalism...

Maybe you're better off with Virgin They can't be that expensive for a short hop...

And on that note, I really do need sleep.

(PS: Of course your card won't self-destruct! Your bank will merely offer you one with a bigger limit... )
Old 02-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #405
Blue Crack Supplier

(Also, if you hire a car, do not drive through the middle of Hobart if you can avoid it. It's a maze of one-way roads that no mortal can fathom at short notice. )