aussie chat thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

i am about to get there but i have to go to class soon :sad:

I MIGHT GET SOME SLEEP THANK GOD.

I can't believe I've made it from the 1st American era of the postwhore-a-thon through the whole Aussie era into the 2nd American era. Well, this is what you get when you've got a free Friday night.

Axver said:

Just for THAT, I'll have you know I'm naked under my clothes.

In some ways it really is a blessing that I didn't try to read this thread in class. I would have had to cover lots of laughter with lots of fake coughing fits.

Axver said:
OOC seems far too clique-y. I'll stick with my setlist parties and spontaneous postwhore-a-thons.

OOC is like this: there's about 35 threads that are literally serving no purpose except for postwhoring, where users like Carek post in 25 at a time in about 6 minutes.

Then there's us in the Temple Bar. Our membership includes me, New South Wales, LemonMelon, UberBeaver, and corianderstem.

the tourist said:

I maintain that my laptop only heats up in direct sunlight OR when it's been inside my bag (not in sleep mode) for more than 2 hours.

why would you put it in your bag not on sleep?

and i'm on page 8, no touchpad so far. i may have missed it in my class-is-imminent skimming.

phillyfan26 said:

OOC is like this: there's about 35 threads that are literally serving no purpose except for postwhoring, where users like Carek post in 25 at a time in about 6 minutes.

Then there's us in the Temple Bar. Our membership includes me, New South Wales, LemonMelon, UberBeaver, and corianderstem.

I must admit, I love the birthday threads where people like that post a random "happy birthday" without even considering the context. I'm not surprised to know they postwhore on OOC.

And it's funny, I feel shy bursting into new places that I don't know at all. It's part of why I really stick to EYKIW, B&C, FYM, and the tour forum when it's active.

phillyfan26 said:
Where do you go to college?

Swat

now you know way too much about me for my internet-persona-comfortability. anyway, i don't usually accept high school facebook friends but i'll accept you if you can find me.

The Temple Bar's barely a clique. We honestly have one Interferer who posts there that we don't like out of about 30 total people. And that's because he spent a month hating us and suddenly just started posting their normally. Go figure.

I don't think you'd have trouble with the Temple Bar. New South Wales owns that place.

(Although, UberBeaver, oddly enough, isn't a U2 fan, so any talk of that would go mostly over his head.)

Varitek said:
and i'm on page 8, no touchpad so far. i may have missed it in my class-is-imminent skimming.

Damnit, I can't remember then, it's somewhere in this thread.

I reference unico's "oh fuck my touchpad" post from an earlier Survivor.

Varitek said:

Swat

now you know way too much about me for my internet-persona-comfortability. anyway, i don't usually accept high school facebook friends but i'll accept you if you can find me.

Don't worry about it. I haven't added any Interferers on my Facebook, and don't plan to till I go to college.

i can't find touchpad and must go to class. if you appreciate me, axver, you'll post a "link to this post" link so i can enjoy it after lunch.

when you're asleep.

:wave: reluctantly. this lecture better be good.

phillyfan26 said:
I don't think you'd have trouble with the Temple Bar. New South Wales owns that place.

(Although, UberBeaver, oddly enough, isn't a U2 fan, so any talk of that would go mostly over his head.)

Maybe I might come over then.

What's the deal with UberBeaver then? Is he one of the people who turned up here a U2 fan and has come out not?

Though I actually invited one of my non-U2 fan threads here today with the excuse that "nobody on Interference likes U2 anyway!"

Axver said:
Maybe I might come over then.

What's the deal with UberBeaver then? Is he one of the people who turned up here a U2 fan and has come out not?

Though I actually invited one of my non-U2 fan threads here today with the excuse that "nobody on Interference likes U2 anyway!"

:lol:

He claims that he followed someone's journal on here for a while and liked it so much that he joined and started posting. I once posted my top ten U2 song list in the Bar, and he replied, "Wow. I know two and a half of those songs."

Unico is also in the Bar.

I think you'd like it. We don't talk about anything useful, just like in these Survivor threads. Generally we reference inside Interference jokes like Powerjuice and "Is this confirmed?" We're stupid, but a fun stupid.

i am so sad. i'm in class and the prof is late so i turned this back on. i got an awesome seat too, right behind a beautiful man that i usually have a lot more trouble surrepticiously staring at.

ok prof's here. bye. :sad:

In my last post, I of course meant "non-U2 fan friends", not threads. Holy fuck it's 3:30am.

phillyfan26 said:
He claims that he followed someone's journal on here for a while and liked it so much that he joined and started posting. I once posted my top ten U2 song list in the Bar, and he replied, "Wow. I know two and a half of those songs."

:lmao: That's fantastic.

I think you'd like it. We don't talk about anything useful, just like in these Survivor threads. Generally we reference inside Interference jokes like Powerjuice and "Is this confirmed?" We're stupid, but a fun stupid.

Oh, so that's where those jokes are fostered from infancy through to death in a matter of a week or two?

I might just drop in once I've had some sleep. So maybe I should go soon.

Varitek said:
i am so sad. i'm in class and the prof is late so i turned this back on. i got an awesome seat too, right behind a beautiful man that i usually have a lot more trouble surrepticiously staring at.

ok prof's here. bye. :sad:

:lol:

Oh, blue crack addiction.

So is this finally over with a spectacular 1,500 posts in about 12 hours, or will it somehow keep rumbling along while I'm asleep?

Axver said:
Oh, so that's where those jokes are fostered from infancy through to death in a matter of a week or two?

I might just drop in once I've had some sleep. So maybe I should go soon.

The funniest part of Powerjuice was when New South Wales and the Beav started posting in the other postwhoring threads to mock them, but involving Powerjuice in every post. This got them annoyed at us. Their annoyance was priceless.

But yes, we beat jokes to death. Luckily, in this place there's always new ones coming around.

Axver said:
So is this finally over with a spectacular 1,500 posts in about 12 hours, or will it somehow keep rumbling along while I'm asleep?

It seems like we need to wait on Varitek to have a chance.

I still don't think I've really grasped Powerjuice.

I can't wait for more new album hype to generate the lulz.

OK, this is getting insane. My very fast computer clock is about to tick around to 4am. I think I'm out. :wave:

Well I am back until my battery dies, figuring I might as well make a little more progress back on page 10 and wait for the dining hall lines to go down for lucnh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom