aussie chat thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver I wholeheartedly disaprove of you going to bed before tourist and I did, particularly because that would leave me replying to a wall, though it might help me catch up in post count here...

Varitek said:
This is fucking hilarious because I asked LemonMelon about mining towns because I'm writing a novel set in a mining town inspired by....you'll never guess what!

... Trip Through Your Wires? :wink:

It seems I'm the only person here whose fiction is not based on U2 songs. Though I do make allusions in my titles. Part I is called Uncertainty Can Be A Guiding Light, the only U2 reference. I make a Porcupine Tree reference in text ...

the tourist said:
Tourist 162, Axver 154. But I need to sleep very soon.

I thought where it mattered you two were Tourist 1 Axver 0?

the tourist said:

Yes it has. But my sleep will cost my probably the top 5 spots. Bu hey. I'll still beat Varitek and that's all that really matters.

And (see above) I win, but I'm not saying by how much. :wink:

(also, note to the dude across from me: it is really sad that you are taking pictures out the window of the snow, because it's not that special, and really creepy that you wave your phone in this direction too)

It says something that U2 are so good at evoking a feeling and picture for a lot of us that they inspire that...Anyway I was planning to put a dedication in my great American novel to U.T.

Varitek said:

I thought where it mattered you two were Tourist 1 Axver 0?

I think I'm too tired to figure out what you are referencing here.

(also, note to the dude across from me: it is really sad that you are taking pictures out the window of the snow, because it's not that special, and really creepy that you wave your phone in this direction too)

Hey now, just flurries of watery snow that doesn't even stick and disappears in five minutes would be enough to get me excited.

Axver said:

I think I'm too tired to figure out what you are referencing here.

This is probably for the better. I'm kind of glad that post can be burried in this thread and not out in EYKIW because unlike you boys I don't like airing my dirty (or clean, in some of our cases) laundry to the world so obviously.

Wait, I might have figured out what you're alluding to.

Bah. I lose again. :reject:

Varitek said:
I don't think they know what special teams are.

(is a smug american sports fan)

All I can think of is maybe the Special Olympics! :lol:

Please do enlighten me, though.

they are part of Football. Distinct from the offense and defense, they do punting, kicking for extra points, punt recovery, etc. Some of the players on special teams may also be part of offense or more likely defense.

Varitek said:
that thread got decidedly less substantive after I left. : proud :

Just you wait until you get stuck into this one and you see where things went ...

Axver said:

I am totally prepared to evangelise you with PT goodness if necessary.

I have a bunch on my computer but I haven't listened yet. Maybe this weekend. I listened to dream theater first, well some of it, and that was OK for some and terrible for later but we discussed that.

PT and DT are rather unlike. Although Steven Wilson is friends with the members of Dream Theater, he's notable as one of the most high-status progressive musicians to dislike Dream Theater's music.

snoozes through discussion of guitars, notices you guys's postcounts, and decides she has a long way to go to catch up. Jesus, you guys had like 350 posts!

the tourist said:

Speaking of arse biting, I think you might have passed Varitek in total posts now.

so totally an unfair advantage. and i have to write a paper today so after 11:30 i am not going to be able to compete :sad:

Axver said:
PT and DT are rather unlike. Although Steven Wilson is friends with the members of Dream Theater, he's notable as one of the most high-status progressive musicians to dislike Dream Theater's music.

no but they were the same as "bands axver recommended"

damn 15 seconds!

the tourist said:

Get up 200 on her. Her reaction will be priceless. If I ever witness it.

If by priceless you mean, she will gratuitously respond to this to get just one more....

i fucking hate that 45 seconds thing.

and I am kind of talking to myself in this thread. talking to one's self is a sign of insanity in real life, how bad is it on the intertubez?

No, talking to yourself is a sign that you like to communicate.

That's what I try to tell myself when I talk to myself incessently as I cook, anyway.

Varitek said:
no but they were the same as "bands axver recommended"

:lol:

Maybe this way, I could con you into listening to Horde or Immortal something ... :hmm:

the tourist said:
And I feel sorry for all the people who wind up reading all of this, mods especially. Except Varitek. I don't feel sorry for her. :wink:
I am starting at page 1 of this thread now, and I will read it all, but in return you guys must read all of my posts to myself, and respond. Otherwise I am the saddest little person on the internet.

fucking 45 seconds. x2

Varitek said:
I WILL CATCH YOU COOLIAN!!!!! but this is seriously unfair, I cannot catch up with nobody to respond to!

Hey, I'm still here!

And if my sleeping patterns weren't totally fucked before this, they are now.

I think I'll force myself to sleep only a few hours so that I go to bed early in the evening from exhaustion.

Varitek said:

I am starting at page 1 of this thread now, and I will read it all, but in return you guys must read all of my posts to myself, and respond. Otherwise I am the saddest little person on the internet.

fucking 45 seconds. x2

I'm here and reading! Do I get a prize? :happy:

this is so sad. i just took a break to catch up on the rest of eykiw but i'm waiting to read wtahnn til later despite the fact that it could be important, actually.

and i just told a real life friend on gchat i coudlnt talk cause i was busy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom