Aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
me being a blonde!!!!

anyone who veiws this must think im a dickhead, which i am...
im a new member, and i was trying to add to a thread, and low and behold i bloody started a new one!!! i feel like the blonde i am !!!

but if anyone has anything to say plz do... it will make me feel so much better...

Dont worry we were all new here once upon a time!

You will find lots of great people here and no doubt make some great friends. We all have one common thread. . . . .our great love for U2 (you will probably find out soon enough there are many mad "Bonoists" here!).
Welcome fellow aussie.

Last edited:
Hello there! :)

Armidale's not that isolated! It's a lovely city, I wish I could visit more often. What are you studying at uni? I went to QUT in Brisbane (I did Arts) but I would've ideally gone to UNE.

Where did you come from in Sydney? I grew up there, in Belmore. Although I haven't been back for years ...

UNE

~*Buffalo*~ said:
Hello there! :)

Armidale's not that isolated! It's a lovely city, I wish I could visit more often. What are you studying at uni? I went to QUT in Brisbane (I did Arts) but I would've ideally gone to UNE.

Where did you come from in Sydney? I grew up there, in Belmore. Although I haven't been back for years ...

Armidale is great i love it here, but it can really be a bit in the middle of no-where. im in my 2nd year of a 5 year degree... in for the long haul!! im studing arts/law... what are you doing with your arts degree?

in sydney im from the north, KIllara... between chatswood and hornsby. where are you at the moment?

ps thanks for making me feel like less of a blonde!!!:)

arts/law :drool:

welcome!

*from sydney(ish) too :wink:
a friend of mine lived in armidale for a year or so. she escaped in the middle of the night though. drove straight from there to blackheath up in the blue mountains.

well, that is completely irrelevant, but it was a conversation filler :D

first you say armidale isnt bad, then you tell me your friend escaped in the middle of the night... talk about mixed msg!!!
what do you do?
thanks for the warm welcome, i havent met anyone reallly, but ive been really busy at uni...

:sexywink: :wave: Hello Aussies! i am coming to Australia for a series of conventions..first stop, Sydney, then Gold Coast..then on to Perth! Whoo-hooo! Can't wait..will be there in October! How is the weather there in October? Would love to me other U2 fans..esp. if you have been as long as I have..since 1981..! :heart: :bono: :heart: Bono Girl!:wink:

October is lovely forbonou2. Unless you get hayfever :wink: August is the worst for it though. October is when it is starting to get warm, but you'll be way ahead of the horrible heat we can get...but being from Fl you're probably not phased by heat :D

Jessi, I dont think she had any problem with Armidale itself, more the boyfriend she was living with. Well, him and lonelieness :wink: But that was years ago.
What do I do? Good question :D I dont really do much at the moment. I'm working here and there, being a mum. Not much really :D Your post reminded me of how badly I want to go to uni and should have after the HSC. I want to do Art History and Criticism. UWS Kingswood used to be the only one apart from the ANU which ran it, but now the course structure has changed and I'm not sure it's the same degree anymore. I looked at doing the arts/law after year 12, but I didn't quite have the 95 TER it needed...:D Hmm, quite a ways off it actually lol.

i really wanted to do visual arts at uni, but my dad talked me out of it...
dont worry i didnt have the 99.4 to get into sydney uni... thats how i endded up at Armidale!!! cause there entry was like 20 or 15 marks lower than anywhere else...
if you wanted to art criticsm or law whats stopping you??? being a mum is lots of work, but if its a real dream and a passion whats stoping you?? you could do tafe or correspodents.... just an idea!!

Law is only post grad now isn't it? What;s stopping me? Well, I'm 27 for starters...I know age isn't an issue, you;re never too old etc etc...Money? I need money lol. And time. I guess I have the time, so it's really money. Such a cop out lol.

99.4 though. Wow. What do you want to do when you're done?

27... thats nothing... my dads is also a lawyer, and he has friends that started law late. one example is this lady who was a principle of a school, and is now a barister!!! never too old... its a 3 year course... and you can do it externally, so you dont have to attend class, and part time, you can take up too 10 years to do it, i think. UNE apparently has a really good external program, because loads of there students are external... you should look into it... there web site is
www.une.edu.au

i dont know what i want to do... ideally i would love to be an international lawyer, and perhaps work in London... my dad wants me to do all sorts of thinks. he's practically picked all my elective subjects out for me!! :rolleyes:
but i dont know yet... im doing a double degree, two at once. so i havent had to pick any law electives yet... but soon!!! i am really an idealist and i would love to be an international lawyer in Human Rights or environment, but there is like 2 in australia... theres just no demand for those kind of lawyers.... garduating is still 3.5 years away... so i have haeps of time to think about it

moving to london is easier said than done!!!
its a long way off till i have to chose what to do... but id love to work in the UN!!!

:wink: Well, good then! I love October anyways..hee, but no, don't have hayfever!! Whew! Actually, Angela....I am from CAlifornia! I have heard said, Australia weather is similar to S. Cal(LA to u!)! And I love the water!! It's the sun I have learned to watch out for....! Bringing plenty of sunscreen!:yes: An a camara! :wink: Ah, Angela..i am 44, just started school in March, got 2 years to go..it's not that bad of an adjustment, really! You go girl! U can Do It!!! :wink: :applaud: And that cheer is brought to you by an old truck driver! hee..lol! now, I KNOW i have u confused hee!!! Just HAD to change careers, that's all..Culinary Management major here!:wink:

forbonou2 said:
:sexywink: :wave: Hello Aussies! i am coming to Australia for a series of conventions..first stop, Sydney, then Gold Coast..then on to Perth! Whoo-hooo! Can't wait..will be there in October! How is the weather there in October? Would love to me other U2 fans..esp. if you have been as long as I have..since 1981..! :heart: :bono: :heart: Bono Girl!:wink:

Well, I live on the Gold Coast, and we have four seasons: Summer, After Summer, Slightly Cooler Than Summer, and Nearly Summer Again.

Right now, it is meant to be the middle of winter, but it's really Slightly Cooler Than Summer. Today, as the last umpteen days have been, was wonderfully sunny and the temperature somewhere in the 20s Celsius. Sun's setting now (I'm ironically listening to Twilight) and like always, I doubt it'll get cold tonight. Most people I know have whined about it being cold but I sure haven't noticed it. OK, so I'm originally from New Zealand ...

Hi fellow Aussies!

I've been around here for a while, and noticed a few Aussies, but have been too busy with uni (ok, make that too lazy) to bother seeking any out. So when else should I do it but tonight when I've come on the net to do research for one of my final essays.

Anyway, I'm from Adelaide (don't laugh), and I'm in my first year of a Journalism degree. I only got into U2 with the release of ATYCLB, but I'm making up for lost time now :) Now I'm desperately hoping that they come to Adelaide when they tour.

Hey Ravenette.....

Theres quite a few Melbournians here. Good to see more people from the greatest city in Australia on interference.

U2 rock!

Hi guys - I really hope this thread's still alive! I'm Diana, 18, from Adelaide... and this is my first post on Interference :wave:

Aaah, lots of things to say! Jessi-ma-ca, I'm starting arts/law next year - any advice? Is law really as boring as everyone keeps telling me? Yeah, in my ideal world, I'd go into international human rights law or work for something like Amnesty or the UN... but that's a very ideal world. Still, those jobs exist, rare as they are - and the UN recruits university graduates. I'm thinking of trying to get graduate employment in Foreign Affairs or AusAid and then trying to weasel my way into a nice multilateral organisation, if possible.

Beli, you worked for Amnesty? Amazingness. Were you actually in London, or working here in Oz?

Axver - you wouldn't happen to have a LiveJournal of the same name? It's laughing_shadow here, if you recognise me... *sings* it's a small world after all!

Luthien Black - another Adelaidean! Hey, I heard U2 were going to play 20 shows in Japan/Australia - with that many, we might be in luck. I'll be bussing it to Melbourne if not, though. Oh yeah, and I note the Tolkien/HP references in the same username... I'm a fan of both, too. Good stuff.

Melbournians - I love your city. And everyone else, um, hi :)

hey there...
nice to meet you...
arts/law hey... i dont think its boring at all... (some of the arts can be, but face it we are made to do that part!!!) i think the law parts can be a bit dull, depending on your lecturer, and the area of law. but i love it.
just be positive about the subject matter. the thing i hate the most is when ppl say oh that is such a borring course, when they havent even started it yet.
keep an open mind, and you will be fine...

im a sydney sider... and i am thinking of going to melborne to see the u2 concert too. that is if they only play one night in sydney.

Yeah, that sounds like sensible advice... although I'm not that worried about the arts side of things. I'm planning do Politics and probably Development Studies, I studied them both in high school, and really enjoyed both... so it's just the law bits that have concerned me. But it's nice to hear not everyone hates it. Nothing I can do but find out myself, I guess :D

... something tells me you're right ;)

How many people live in Ballarat, Renne? I've passed through and it seemed pretty big, but we didn't stop to have a look around...

Buggered if I know. :shrug: I just live here.

The sign says something like 83,000... but it's an old sign. Pretty big yeah, considering it's Victoria's largest inland city.

Back
Top Bottom