Aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Victorias COLDEST inland city. I went through Ballarat at 6:00am one winters morn. Two pairs of tights, two pairs of socks, jeans, docs, coats, etc .... and still couldnt get any blood to circulate to my toes :mad:

beli said:
Victorias COLDEST inland city. I went through Ballarat at 6:00am one winters morn. Two pairs of tights, two pairs of socks, jeans, docs, coats, etc .... and still couldnt get any blood to circulate to my toes :mad:

:lmao: 6am during winter will do that anywhere in this state! :tongue:

The weather actually isn't as bad as people make out. I don't know why so many people bitch about it [not directed at you, beli ;)] - especially since most of them don't actually live here.

It's bloody lovely today - half blue sky, half grey clouds, not at all cold all day despite the bit of rain earlier... I love days where I can sit with the backdoor open until midnight. :drool:

Last edited:
Renne said:
It's bloody lovely today - half blue sky, half grey clouds, not at all cold all day despite the bit of rain earlier... I love days where I can sit with the backdoor open until midnight. :drool:

Cant open the backdoor here today. Too bloody hot. Sitting inside with the curtains closed and the air conditioner on full.

Vic is cold, you shouldnt be ashamed of that. Its lovely. I would love to move to Melbourne one day. I sleep so much better there with the cool night air. yum. :drool:

beli said:
Cant open the backdoor here today. Too bloody hot. Sitting inside with the curtains closed and the air conditioner on full.

Vic is cold, you shouldnt be ashamed of that. Its lovely. I would love to move to Melbourne one day. I sleep so much better there with the cool night air. yum. :drool:

I live in a three-room unit. No air-con so any way to catch a breeze is a good thing. Of course, I doubt it would get half as hot as often here as there...

Oh, not ashamed of the cold. I quite like it when it's cold. It's just when it's mucky that I don't much care for! When it gets hot here at night I can't sleep at all. I'm one of those people who has to sleep under at least a sheet and when it's so hot even that's unbearable I hate it!

Oh, if we're swapping weather stories, I've got one. Thursday in Adelaide was a warm, partially cloudy day... until late afternoon, when in the space of about fifteen minutes, the sky spat more water than it usually does in fifteen weeks. It then proceeded to rain until a fair few shops near my house flooded, the ceiling of the local video store collapsed, the streets were full of water, and in some places it was so deep that said water came up to the top of my tires.

The next day, however, it was beautiful and sunny.

It was weird, I tell you! Weird!

beli said:
Vic is cold, you shouldnt be ashamed of that. Its lovely. I would love to move to Melbourne one day. I sleep so much better there with the cool night air. yum. :drool: [/B]

Geez! You wouldn't want to be here for the next couple of days......it's gonna be 35'C tomorrow!

:yuck:

(I like the cooler weather.....)

Just to like to add another Aussie to the thread! Hi to you all.

I live in Brisbane and have been a U2 fan for years and thought it was about time I found out some more info.

Great thing about the music is its timelessness. The early albums sound great even years later.

ok all you aussies... does anyone know if U2 is actually going to come visit the land down under on the vertigo tour. maybe im just not looking hard enough, but i cant find any solid infomation about the tour down here...
ill tell you what im am going to be might cut if they dont come down!!

Hi folks, only just found this thread - thought I should add my name to the list. Another Melbournian, usually found in PLEBA when in here.

Hey Ravenette, I probably drive past you all the time, I'm in East Keilor! :wave:

Cool night air, Beli? That's a euphemism if ever I heard one - I wear bedsox in summer sometimes!! Actually it's really nice out today.

Cheers ~Ultra

forbonou2 said:
:wink: Well, good then! I love October anyways..hee, but no, don't have hayfever!! Whew! Actually, Angela....I am from CAlifornia! I have heard said, Australia weather is similar to S. Cal(LA to u!)! And I love the water!! It's the sun I have learned to watch out for....! Bringing plenty of sunscreen!:yes: An a camara! :wink: Ah, Angela..i am 44, just started school in March, got 2 years to go..it's not that bad of an adjustment, really! You go girl! U can Do It!!! :wink: :applaud: And that cheer is brought to you by an old truck driver! hee..lol! now, I KNOW i have u confused hee!!! Just HAD to change careers, that's all..Culinary Management major here!:wink:

I'm about to say 44 isn't too old lol. I forgot about this thread. Now I'm 28 though and have returned to fulltime studying. Not that anyone even reads this anymore :D Doing my art course. Finally.

Chizzer, Kangas love you too. :kiss:

Eat kangaroo? I have once on a school excursion once, it was one of those bush tucker bush walks.
Kangaroo is actually a very healthy meat. It’s still a little odd to think about eating it!

Angela, how is the fine arts course going? i would love to do one. I was thinking about it at the end of school, but its not a very practical qualification. Instead I'm doing law!! a far cry form the arts!
Oh well…

hahah my cats eat roo meat. it's bloody expensive though, $4.29/kilo :mad:

the course is going great! i'm just about done my first semester and am in assessment phase week after next, then it's over for 3 beautiful weeks lol. i've got only 1 theory module, the rest are prac, so it's great. i should also confess i skipped going through uni for it and took the tafe route :reject: but i wanted more prac skills anyway. if i do decide to take up teaching or art therapy, i can do the teaching dip. afterward. and there's always time later for a degree. how's your degree(s) going? do you do them seperately or are they mixed? ive always wondered how on earth they fit 2 degrees in only 5 years, but i guess for the law you skip all the first year psych and so on crap you'd do in your first year b.a. ...or is this counted as one degree only?

its a double degree, I do slightly less arts units than a pure arts degree as some of the law units count in the arts degree. first and second year you do 3 arts and 1 law subject a semester. third year (which I’m in now) its 2 law and 2 arts subjects.
this means I finish my arts degree at the end of this year. but I don’t get the degree until I graduate from law as well. if I dropped out I would have achieved my degree.

My law is set subjects till 4th year. All my arts are electives. I'm majoring in politics.

The degrees when stand alone, are both 3 years, so together they are 5 cause I do less arts subject. I think its done like that cause you have to do undergrad Law degrees as a double degree. Straight out of school you cant to pure law. only as a postgrad or a mature aged student.

Does that all make sense? If it doesn’t I'm sorry…. I'm in the middle of 3 assignments and getting sick! Fun!!!

What are you doing your fine arts course through? I'm jealous!

That makes perfect sense lol. I remember when a couple of years ago, UAC (?) decided that law could only be postgrad or from school with another, like a double degree. My husband, who has a degree already in Computer Science, decided to do law postgrad as well (which he later dropped out of) and the course was set up as evening tuts only - no lectures or anything. It was weird. But at the time, pshycology for example was a compulsory unit for all degrees and that was skipped along with some others as it was already completed under his Comp. Sci. degree.
I'm so envious of you, doing this degree! By the time I'm ready to try uni, I reckon all the courses will have changed again so I'll have to wait a couple of years and decide from there lol. I'm currently at Western Sydney TAFE at the Kingswood campus, so most of us end up at UWS anyway doing the BA and a lot of them end up at ours, doing the Adv. Dip. Which is what I'm doing now. In total, that would be 6 years, but I would like to avoid the straight BA and do something more specific, like Art History, or if I can manage it, the BA/Law. Who knows lol. I have no idea where I'll end up when I'm done.

I hope you feel a bit better soon. Stress will make it worse, so I hope you're not too bogged down!
:hug:

Back
Top Bottom