Anyone from Chicago/Chicagoland area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah the 45 second delay is a killer

so why are you awake at this hour

Ok...I work at a Movie Theater (Quarry Cinemas is the name...Loews Cineplex is the company)

I work crazy hours..sometimes until 1-2am (Central timezone)

The symptoms are as this:

1. PMS like symptoms (If a girl...which I am)
2. Tiredness
3. Agrravation at anyone or anything
4. Up at weird hours when not working
5. Nervousness when Managers call you
6. Giddyness

That's all I can think of at the moment

I live near Chicago unless I'm away at school (which is the vast majority of the year) in Urbana-Champaign while studying at the University of Illinois.

During finals week, I will be driving up to Chicago on both May 7 and 12 to see U2 shows and driving back down on the same nights for 8:00 AM finals. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to every show, like I was last time out; I have evening finals on both of the other show dates, and there's just no way I could make it in time/survive the grueling schedules, drives, and needs to study. I'm starting to wish that I hadn't enrolled in a handful of graduate classes, because that week is gonna' be a BITCH.

I'm going to both shows in the fall, though...come hell or high water. I have NO clue what my schedule will be like, but I don't really care--school can go straight to hell...! Ha ha ha.

Although I don't have the highest hopes for this tour (I was disappointed enough with Elevation after loving PopMart), I do have high hopes for the band...in spite of the sloppy play highlighted on most of the bootlegs. They do sound like they're already shaping up (quicker than usual for these days, too), and I can't wait to see them in top form in Chicago....unless they're wasted, like they seemed to be during the second Chicago show, last time out.

Boy...that one was a bloodbath...

Anyway, ALL HAIL CHICAGO!!!!!!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: CHI-TOWN

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Oh...ok Lemon

Welcome youtwoellen :wave: U2 Feedback/Intereference is a wonderfull place to chat about U2...but be carefull of PLEBA....it's scary and it will pull you in! You will become an addictive perv when you leave the PLEBA...just wanted to let you know

haha thanks

:wave: hello hello
thanks for the warm welcomings
and yay to all the U2 fans in chicago (and everywhere else).
I've been getting all my friends addicted to U2 so i think the population is growing in chicago. :)

youtooellen said:
I've been getting all my friends addicted to U2 so i think the population is growing in chicago. :)

More power to you, but there's no need to sweat it! We've got one of the biggest fan-bases in the entire country over here in Chicago. All is well in the Windy City! :wink:

youtooellen said:

haha thanks

You are very welcome!

Ok...I mentioned this in the fan gatherings under the May 10th thread...but I wanted to post it here too.

I am thinking about having a get together after the May 10th concert....to have a chat and to celebrate B's Birthday!

If anyone is interested in meeting me after the concert...contact me at either Trent24685582240@aol.com, lp0900@yahoo.com or U2LizzieLij21@hotmail...or leave a comment in my journal or here!

I want to meet ya'll after the May 10th concert!

hello hello, I too am from a place called Chicago...

Goin' to the 9th, 10th & 12th shows...

I would love to get together with a bunch of somewhat like-minded strangers!

I'll pop over an email...

Back
Top Bottom