Any U2 people from Iowa here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
poor Iowan people. Every time I drive through that state it is one time too many. :silent:

anyways, I know 'thehepcat' is from thereabouts, but he hasn't been on in a while.

sulawesigirl4 said:
poor Iowan people. Every time I drive through that state it is one time too many. :silent:

anyways, I know 'thehepcat' is from thereabouts, but he hasn't been on in a while.

You've got that right. :barf: Iowa is incredibly boring.

Kariatari is from Iowa.. she's a really nice girl :) I don't think she looks at Discotheque very much, so.. PMs would be best way to contact her, although I can't really speak for her.

Eh...

I know Iowa may not have nearly as much to offer as somewhere such as California or New York, but it's not a bad place to live overall. It's a pretty state scenery wise (I don't know about other parts of the state, but the northwestern area has a lot of hills, which makes driving through the countryside kinda nice). And it's not all boring-some really cool people have come from Iowa, if that's worth anything.

My only real complaint with Iowa is that I wish we weren't a part of Tornado Alley.

Angela

Re: Eh...

Moonlit_Angel said:
I know Iowa may not have nearly as much to offer as somewhere such as California or New York, but it's not a bad place to live overall. It's a pretty state scenery wise (I don't know about other parts of the state, but the northwestern area has a lot of hills, which makes driving through the countryside kinda nice). And it's not all boring-some really cool people have come from Iowa, if that's worth anything.

My only real complaint with Iowa is that I wish we weren't a part of Tornado Alley.

Angela

Well, I'm from Iowa, so yeah. lol. I agree, it's nice visually but there just isn't very much going on. One of my biggest complaints is there isn't any stadium or anything similar, so we get very few concerts.

well, i won't be IN iowa next year, but i WILL be 40 miles from the border. what city in iowa do you live in?

Another Iowan here! Iowa is just like anywhere else - it has its good points and its bad points. The good points are a relatively low crime rate, friendly people (for the most part), and a very relaxed, peaceful lifestyle. On the other hand, I sometimes feel like I am stuck in the cultural black hole of the universe, especially since I live in a fairly small town.

I am in...

Lilly said:
well, i won't be IN iowa next year, but i WILL be 40 miles from the border. what city in iowa do you live in?

the northwestern part of Iowa. I don't really want to give out my town name, 'cause it's the Internet-I trust you guys, but in case any weirdos out there were to stumble across this site...yeah.

But yeah, that's the area of the state I'm from-what part of the state are the rest of you Iowans from (you don't have to give exact cities or anything like that if you don't want).

Angela

Re: I am in...

Moonlit_Angel said:
I don't really want to give out my town name, 'cause it's the Internet-I trust you guys, but in case any weirdos out there were to stumble across this site...yeah.

<--- :lol:

nah, I hear ya. I have nothing against Iowans, I just hate the drive from MN to MO. ugh. No variety. Then again, ND is a thrilling state to drive through as well, eh Lilly? :sexywink:

Re: I am in...

Moonlit_Angel said:

the northwestern part of Iowa. I don't really want to give out my town name, 'cause it's the Internet-I trust you guys, but in case any weirdos out there were to stumble across this site...yeah.

But yeah, that's the area of the state I'm from-what part of the state are the rest of you Iowans from (you don't have to give exact cities or anything like that if you don't want).

Angela

I live in the north-central part of the state now, but I used to live in NW Iowa and am pretty familiar with it.

Re: Re: I am in...

Bono's shades said:

I live in the north-central part of the state now, but I used to live in NW Iowa and am pretty familiar with it.

Cool.

North central part-I used to live there. Moved before my 10th grade year, though.

I've never been to North Dakota, so I wouldn't know what it's like to drive through that state.

Angela

Re: Re: Re: I am in...

Moonlit_Angel said:
North central part-I used to live there. Moved before my 10th grade year, though.

Wow, what a coincidence!

If you any of you want to drive through a REALLY boring state, you should drive through Nebraska sometime on I-80.

Re: Re: I am in...

sulawesigirl4 said:

<--- :lol:

nah, I hear ya. I have nothing against Iowans, I just hate the drive from MN to MO. ugh. No variety. Then again, ND is a thrilling state to drive through as well, eh Lilly? :sexywink:

uhhh...i don't know how YOU go to south dakota from minnesota, but i sure don't go through north dakota on the way.

angela, i hear ya.

Re: Well./.

pinkfloyd said:
My Dog rat terrier is from Iowa , so we're relatives.. kinda ...

I have noticed lately that there must be some big dog breeder in Iowa - they ship theie dogs via Northwest Airlines - and I get to open the luggage bins and see lot's O' puppies.

Back
Top Bottom