Any lovelorn U2 fans out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr
I know I've been feeling really blue lately. Sometimes it is really good to talk about it. I'm posting this because I know alot of people probably feel like I do. Let the forum be your shoulder to cry on.

I've been in love with this girl for almost three years and she's with someone probably for the long term. I've lost my chance to gain her love which is a strange, romantic tale best kept in closet. I think she knows a little that I might be the right guy for her but it's possible too that she thinks I deserve better. Which is not in the least bit true. I feel so burnt out from pursuing her that I'm romantically numb.

Well...that's where I'm at. Who's next on the couch?

well I'll reply to this thread cuz I'm in the same boat pretty much, I've been in love with this guy for, I don't know, a year and a half, and liked him for about three maybe, and he's had a girlfriend ever since I've known him. In fact, I was friends with her (and her twin sister) before him...but now he's one of my best friends... arrrrrrrrrrrgggghh this drives me crazy everyday, one of these days I'm just gonna snap and scream at the sky like some indie movie :sigh:

this is probably better suited to zoo confessionals, but I already made a thread there :wink:

AtomicBono said:

err...what do you mean by that exactly?

O crap, I made a mistake, when he said im in love with a married women I thought he meant that, that person was his wife...Sorry bout that flaw..I have been making big mistakes this whole week..

I've been in love with a girl for six years. She goes to my church. I've never had the nerve to tell her, and since i hardly talk to her, I don't think it would be a good idea to tell her that anyway. She freaks out anytime she thinks a guy likes her, because of some crap that happened to her in the past. The few times I have talked to her, I feel like i'm just saying gibberish. I've always been around her, but it seems she never notices me. "....And When I Touch You, You Don't Feel Anything"

This thread is sad...:sad: And even more sad is just how many people this happens to at any one given time...
:hug: To all you guys.

I, myself am in love with the most wonderful person in the world and they know it. I just sometimes....fear for the worst because I've been in a few relationships that have scarred my ability to properly open up and my ability to look at a relationship I'm in with someone and not worry that they won't get torn away.

PRoMenADeZoO said:
I've been in love with a girl for six years. She goes to my church. I've never had the nerve to tell her, and since i hardly talk to her, I don't think it would be a good idea to tell her that anyway. She freaks out anytime she thinks a guy likes her, because of some crap that happened to her in the past. The few times I have talked to her, I feel like i'm just saying gibberish. I've always been around her, but it seems she never notices me. "....And When I Touch You, You Don't Feel Anything"

:hug: six years...damn homie. might not be a good idea to out of the blue announce your love for her, seeing as we've past the knight-princess romances of the middle ages, but you should try to talk to her more...try to get to know her...give her subtle hints... you could be the one to save her, if she's scarred from past experiences or whatever. she doesnt deserve to live in fear and you dont deserve to live in agony. of course people don't always get what they deserve...

Thanks for the advice, AtomicBono. I'm working on talking more to her. This past weekend in my church, they had this st. valentines day fundraiser where you paid a dollar for a message to be put on a wall full of paper hearts . I bought 5 , for my mom, sister, best friend, God, and one for her. On each heart, instead of writing a stupid message, i just wrote U2 song titles, for example, my mom got "Sometimes..", my sister got "one", God got "The First Time", my best friend got "Walk On", and She got "When I Look At The World", because I admire the way she shares her faith with anyone, even total strangers. I still have trouble doing that, so I think thats pretty cool of her. The whole reason for that was that they would ask me what it meant, and I would tell them to look for the lyrics and that that was what I wanted to say to them. Its been 2 weeks, and she still has not asked me about it or mentioned it.....oh well, so much for creativity.....

Back
Top Bottom