any fans in buffalo/niagara falls region??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
niagara falls, yeah i never see posts from anyone near me usually philly is the closest. i see your a new member welcome to the club.

i believe i know you. technology major right. i think you may have burned a couple of cds for me. if that was you i never thanked you because i believe that was the last day of class. if it is you, i thank you, they were great. if not, then we know there is at least three u2 fans at buff state.

edu 416, i was the math major with the goatee in your group with your best pal in the whole world Darryl Krammer. LOL, i still am haunted by that guy.

hahaha....i thought it was you!

I still see Kramer on campus every now and then, I had the extreme misfortune of having lunch with him one day....you have no idea what that was like

yeah i HAVE had the fotune of not seeing him(KNOCKS ON WOOD) but then again im taking the semester off. I do not think i could take another encounter with him. if he called me NOLAN one more time because of my sharks jersey i wore i would be forced to break his knees.

But anywho, how you been otherwise? what are your thoughts on the new album? Fav song off of it? and are you going to any shows on the first leg?

Me, im decent, took time off to make a little cash. I love the new album and i put right behind actung baby and tied with POP, i know i shouldn't have pop ranked that hi, but fuck i know you dig it too. Fav song is a toughee. Prpbably COBL, OOTS or VERTIGO.
least fav is definitely LAPOE and OSCTK.

i am going to both phoenix dates. i just got two GA's to the thursday and have two very good seats for friday(113 row E) and have to get rid of two decent seats for the friday show. I was worried about getting any tickets and i got to many. oh well. I will (if i get tickets) hopefully be going to two shows when they come around these parts on the third leg. Toronto and buffalo OR albany OR rochester. dont really know where they will be.

oh yes one other question......what bands are you into besides our leprechaun lads?

me......yes it always has to be about me................foo fighters, collective soul, alien ant farm, default, RHCP, coldplay and treble charger

well, im in pittsburgh now for the semester...lovin every bit of it. The dorming life is quite the shit believe me. The courses im takin are pretty hard but im gettin by. But im lovin it down here...havent met any U2 fans yet but you know what they say about people from the south

As for the new album, i think it's great. Fav song by far is Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own...without question. I think its my favorite song ever. Ranking wise, I never had a favorite album of theirs anyways, so its kinda hard to place.

Unfortunately, I wont be able to see them at all on the first leg, which is good because i wont be spending any of my money for school (im not working down here) but bad because I was really looking forward to seeing them at least once. The fall leg of the tour should be good though...im really looking forward to that. Wherever they come close I want to see them

Im pretty jealous you're seein them twice...but have a good time. If a flight to phoenix wasnt so expensive id buy ur tickets off ya haha.

As for other bands, I just got into the Foo Fighters (i remember u really like them), this british band Muse (go and buy the album Absolution NOW), Coldplay, The Tea Party, The Arcade Fire, Interpol, Keane, The Killers, Matthew Good, Nirvana, Oasis, Pearl Jam, The Postal Service, REM, Radiohead, Snow Patrol, The Hip....and last but not least, this new Canadian band Pilate....The next time you're in Canada buy their album Caught By The Window. Its the best $12 you'll ever spend. They're gonna eclipse U2 as my favorite band with their next album. These guys are amazing....check them out at Pilate . com They sound alot like early U2, coldplay, travis....pretty mellow alternative rock. But it's amazing stuff. I saw em a bunch of times this past year when they played in Buffalo and they blew me away every time. Really, really good stuff.

drop me an e-mail at ChrisSpencer00@gmail.com if ya want...if you have AIM, my sn is Spencer4hire1984

Take care buddy

Just to let you know....Elevation the U2 tribute will be at Niagara University on March 11th from 8-9:30pm at "under the Taps" in the lowe level of the Gallagher centre.

It is open to the general public...

Cheers,

Brady
http://www.u2tributeband.com

Well right now I'm transcending the Saratoga/Albany lines, but.....

I plan on going to SUNY Geneseo.

I got accepted the other day.....I think.

Family in Rochester, though..

Hey, another fan in the Buffalo/Niagara region here!

Actually I live in the Saratoga region, but I'm attending Niagara University. I read the post by bradyvox about the tribute band Elevation being on campus and sadly I missed them :( ...really wanted to see them, so hopefully they'll be in the area again!

Also read a post were someone mentioned checking out the band Pilate...have to agree, they are awesome and pretty cool live, too! Definitely check 'em out!

So yeah, all those posts were MONTHS ago, are the rest of you still out there?

Im the Pilate fanatic...they're sneaking up on U2 as my favorite band. I saw them 9 times last year alone! :-D

I am in Saratoga County right now, but I will be going to Geneseo in January, I think.

I forgot about this entire FORUM :huh: so I'm making the rounds

For Honor...I'm in Saratoga County as well...AND I noticed you said you had family in the Rochester area...me too! Cool!

And Geneseo is kinda outside the buffalo area...but its a good school, I had a cousin that went there and loved it!

TheBrush said:
if not, then we know there is at least three u2 fans at buff state.

Hey Brush, make that 4...Communication Design major, and I try to sneak U2 into any projects I can. :evil: :evil:

senrab said:

Hey Brush, make that 4...Communication Design major, and I try to sneak U2 into any projects I can. :evil: :evil:

yea i know what you mean i painted four canvases of the boys last year. i forgot about this thread as well

Vertigo20 said:
For Honor...I'm in Saratoga County as well...AND I noticed you said you had family in the Rochester area...me too! Cool!

And Geneseo is kinda outside the buffalo area...but its a good school, I had a cousin that went there and loved it!

Yeah, I don't know my map skills very well, even around here. It's nice though, because I will be going to colllege there in January, and I can finally leave here. I mean... this place isn't bad, outside of Clifton Park... but... it's not my style, and I've got plenty of memories, so it's time to move on to something new.

It's nice to know that there is at least one other interferencer in my country, hahahaha. And Geneseo - I've always had people say to me they know someone who went there, so it's kind of strange. BUt I don't know anyone who went there. I'm sure I will like it though...

Ahh... college :)

Back
Top Bottom