Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry these are late! :wave:

IMG_0016.jpg

Love the depth of this photo.

Our tentative plan so far is The Tree, and a 2 night stay at the Harmony, probably Zabriskie Pt, but Bodie might be too far, not sure yet. :hmm:

We were talking about trying to do a JT trip around Bono's birthday. ;)

I vote April. I went in April 2010 & the wild flowers are in full bloom then.

I'd highly advocate a camping trip. DV is just too gorgeous for a pass through.

I plan on going late summer ( or any freaky cooler weekend) too if anyone wants to go. Summer is the only season I haven't visited that national park.

Early May is a great time to visit Death Valley if the wildflowers are in bloom.

I adore Death Valley and have explored everywhere from The Racetrack to Darwin Falls. I took two trips to the park this year -- in both mid-April and the first week of May. During the May trip temps went up to 105F so it can start getting hot pretty early. We were hiking the Darwin Falls area then so it wasn't too bad.

My return trip is already planned for late October, when the stables at Furnace Creek re-open.

Diana and I were thinking maybe March or April, when the weather gets a bit nicer. I know there are some out-of-town folks who might be able to come in for a trek out to the tree.

And who might that be? :hmm: I don't know anyone who would fly 500 miles to meet some online crazies she's never met before, then drive 3-4 hours out to the middle of Death Valley with them, only to see a tree that fell over years ago. That would be ludicrous. :rolleyes:

*coughAprilorEarlyMaycough*

And who might that be? :hmm: I don't know anyone who would fly 500 miles to meet some online crazies she's never met before, then drive 3-4 hours out to the middle of Death Valley with them, only to see a tree that fell over years ago. That would be ludicrous. :rolleyes:

*coughAprilorEarlyMaycough*

:hmm: That sounds just like someone I know of too.

So who's coming?

Me
Carlos
Ethan
Dev
Edge_Orchestra
Nic
Comet - are you coming?

Anyone else?? Outsider? Carek?

Just found this post and am very interested in going. I'm going to read the pages and get completely caught up before I ask any further questions. Great idea!!:applaud:

Just found this post and am very interested in going. I'm going to read the pages and get completely caught up before I ask any further questions. Great idea!!:applaud:

Well this is an old thread that got revived about a trip that already happened, so that is an old list, should we start a new thread so it doesn't get confusing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom