Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again Zooey... you are actually acting as if we HAD brakes... or TREAD on the tires!

...barely brakes... no tread on the tired... windy winding road... snow... no guard rails... what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

:yikes:
&
The picture just called out for the picture crashing squirrel :wink:

Bodie would be very cool but would definitely require an overnight trip (it's a six-and-a-half hour drive from Ontario). There would be a lot of beautiful scenery to check out, like Mono Lake, and we'd be within reasonable distance of Yosemite.

Info on some of the U2 sites in Bodie here.

Our you could come my way, towards Gila Bend (stopping at the Harmony Motel on the way), where they filmed scenes from Outside It's America, although the bar where Larry sang along with the juke box is closed now. :sad:

The Harmony Motel would be too much out of the way for Bodie (it's in the vicinity of Palm Springs) but is on the way to Arizona. Zooey, how far would Gila Bend be from Sun Devil Stadium?

The Harmony Motel would be too much out of the way for Bodie (it's in the vicinity of Palm Springs) but is on the way to Arizona. Zooey, how far would Gila Bend be from Sun Devil Stadium?

Gila Bend is right on the AZ/CA border, about 3 hours from the LA area and about 1.5 - 2 hrs from Phxonix.

We could rent a helicopter you know.

Shotgun!

Aurogyro-ELA-07-Casarrubios-Spain.jpg

(Different rules apply to rotorcraft. :wink: )

Sorry, I'm going to have to pull my Bloc Party fanboy card here: it's Bloc Party with a 'C' and no 'K'.

:D

Ok, we now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Typo. :reject: I stand corrected.

Off for my daily 3-mile walk. I shall listen to France Ferdinand along the way.

(And yes, I'm fecking with you on the spelling on that one)

I've got FF(Franz Ferd. AND Foo Fighters) on a couple of my running playlists.

Jeff, I was looking at a pic of us from the Phx U2 show in October and you're wearing the same sweatshirt you were wearing on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom