Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite literally it means "sweet bread." Basically Pan Dulce are those Mexican baked goodies you can get pretty much all over So. California in convenience stores and markets. The pink crumbly bread that Fitz mention would be a Concha. Probably the most famous kind. It's a soft bread with a hard sugar coating on top.

170083897_e4ce950bf6.jpg

I've lived in San Diego my whole life and have never tried this. :ohmy:

And Comet, are you going to print out directions for those of us driving (there will be 2 other drivers)? If not, that's okay, just thought I'd ask.

I hadn't planned on it, but I could I guess... :hmm: It's pretty easy though, there's only one road to the tree, and I have never been any farther than that into Death Valley, so we'll just follow the road to Zabriskie Pt.

:giggle: It's very cute.

The funny thing is, I don't care about it being pink in color, but the pink ones taste different! Weird.

Maybe it's supposed to be strawberry or something (though they don't taste like strawberry). But I've had the brown (chocolate) ones and I've had the white (vanilla) ones and I don't like them! I only like the way the pink ones taste. :shrug:

Desert sky
Dream beneath a desert sky
The rivers run but soon run dry
We need new dreams tonight

Desert rose
Dreamed I saw a desert rose
Dress torn in ribbons and in bows
Like a siren she calls to me

Sleep comes like a drug
In God's Country
Sad eyes, crooked crosses
In God's Country

Set me alight
We'll punch a hole right through the night
Everyday the dreamers die
To see what's on the other side

She is liberty
And she comes to rescue me
Hope, faith, her vanity
The greatest gift is gold

Sleep comes like a drug
In God's Country
Sad eyes, crooked crosses
In God's Country

Naked flame
She stands with a naked flame
I stand with the sons of Cain
Burned by the fire of love
Burned by the fire of love

...just sayin'...

Jim is out - family thing came up. He's going to try to make it out for breakfast thought.

I hope this doesn't leave a weird travel thing. Christie said she and her boyfriend wouldn't mind driving so it should be fine. I'd try to get a 9 passenger van so they can be with us but I booked through Hotwire and I don't think I can change. I'll call to see. But I'm not sure the companyI went through even had 9 passenger vans. I'll try to check tonight though.

Side story: Last year, when the new Star Trek movie came out, my son got a STar Trek happy meal toy and when you pushed the button on his back it said "I'm a doctor not a physicist!" And my son thought that was the funniest thing he'd ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom