Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Errrr... what's pan dulce? :reject:

Quite literally it means "sweet bread." Basically Pan Dulce are those Mexican baked goodies you can get pretty much all over So. California in convenience stores and markets. The pink crumbly bread that Fitz mention would be a Concha. Probably the most famous kind. It's a soft bread with a hard sugar coating on top.

170083897_e4ce950bf6.jpg

A better description: Pan Dulce is a Mexican sweet bread. The bread itself is a slightly sweet, rich egg bread. The rolls are topped with a patterned sweet dough made out of butter, shortening, sugar and flour.

1) me
2) Ethan
3) Dev
4) Edge_O
5) Outsider
6) Cleasai
7) Carlos

Maybe:
9) Jmath
10)Christie
11)Christie's boyfriend

Providing Own Transport (and navigation)
10+) Comet and family

I'm calling right now - I'll see how big a van I can get while still being reasonably priced and able to drive

The pink crumbly bread that Fitz mention would be a Concha. Probably the most famous kind. It's a soft bread with a hard sugar coating on top.

Actually, Trev, no. Sorry, but you're wrong. A concha is not what I was referring to. My favorite are these (in the bottom right corner), literally pink cookies!:

cookies.jpg

And, I'm also quite fond of the Puercos or marranitos:
72915.jpg

Looking at prices, it's going to be a helluva lot cheaper to pick up early that morning. Then after dinner, if someone can follow me out to the airport so I can return the van and then drop me at my friend's house in Chino... (Ethan??? Carlos???) That way we only have to pay for 1 day becuase prices have gone waaaaaay up in the last few weeks. I was waiting for a final head count and wouldn't you know, prices have tripled.

ETA: 10pm Friday to 10pm Saturday = $166, divided by 8 = $20/person (this fits 15 ppl. I'm not sure I'm comfortable driving a car that big)

ETA: Minivans = 7 ppl and run as cheap as $119 Jim (Jmath) wanted to drive himself anyway. I think I'll just do that. We can rotate who's in the van and who's with Jim if people feel left out (or want to get to know Jim better :wink: ) (okay that sounds dirty...)

FINAL EDIT OF THE SAME POST:
So I think that's what I'll do. I'll wait 'til I get home tonight since I have an entertainment book that might give me better prices (than priceline?) but I'll get a mini-van and pick it up late on Friday night and then I'll just need someone to take me to the airport after the trip... (or is that asking too much?)

ETA: Minivans = 7 ppl and run as cheap as $119 Jim (Jmath) wanted to drive himself anyway. I think I'll just do that. We can rotate who's in the van and who's with Jim if people feel left out (or want to get to know Jim better :wink: ) (okay that sounds dirty...)

FINAL EDIT OF THE SAME POST:
So I think that's what I'll do. I'll wait 'til I get home tonight since I have an entertainment book that might give me better prices (than priceline?) but I'll get a mini-van and pick it up late on Friday night and then I'll just need someone to take me to the airport after the trip... (or is that asking too much?)

You'll have a ride to the airport one way or another, G, that's fine. My only concern with the smaller minivan: if Jmath doesn't go, will there still be enough room for the 7 of us to fit in the minivan?

You'll have a ride to the airport one way or another, G, that's fine. My only concern with the smaller minivan: if Jmath doesn't go, will there still be enough room for the 7 of us to fit in the minivan?

Z, I can get you to your friend's house on Saturday night.

Thanks guys. I talked to Jim last week and he said he's for sure going. Worst case scenario someone sits on the floor between the two front seats (?). Christie said she'd also be willing to drive. I think we'll be fine.

What time are we meeting in the morning?

And Comet, are you going to print out directions for those of us driving (there will be 2 other drivers)? If not, that's okay, just thought I'd ask.

Do you turn into a pumpkin at 7:30?

I got the minivan. Picking it up Friday night after going to see a play with my friend. Then I got a good deal on hotwire so I can keep it 'til Sunday morning and take myself to the airport so I don't have to bug anyone Saturday after the trip. It's gonna be $22/person. I made sure to get unlimited mileage :lol: FINALLY - that was stressing me out bigtime. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom