Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mildly off topic but are any of you'z guys going to the 80's for Haiti Show in SD today? If so, be sure to find me and say "Hello Hello..." =O)

And back to the topic...

I am not a vegetarian but I do likes me some veggies.

Carlos: drinks (water and soda)
Ethan: guac and salad of some kind
Zooey: paper goods
Edge_Orchestra: chips and Red Vines
Dev: I can bring sandwich fixins
comet: chocolate chip cookies (no nuts)

My daughter loves to bake so she's volunteered. :wave:

also if there's anything else we need let me know, we can bring more than that.

Hey guys? If recent weather is any indication we might have to have a back up plan. If it's going to rain either the day before or the day of the trip we shouldn't be traipsing through the muddy desert. This can can have a negative effect on fragile environment around the tree. So any ideas on what we should do just in case?

It shouldn't be too hard for me to reschedule, though I know that won't be easy for everyone.

*thinks positive good weather thoughts!!*

we could also do something else entirely :hmm: The Harmony Motel and Joshua Tree National Park are much closer than Death Valley, so it would be an easier trip. While we couldn't go walking out among the trees if it rains as Cleasai said, there are plenty of really pretty trees and jt forests right along the road in the park... you can see alot and get great pics from the roadside without ever leaving the road. Of course, I don't know if the park is even open or has restrictions during bad weather, we would need to check on that. Also as beegee I think mentioned earlier, the Harmony may not let a group of lookyloos inside, but the iconic outside is all you really need to see for photos anyways.

just a thought... since people like zooey are planning a more involved trip out of this than some of us.

Yeah, I'm coming no matter what at this point ( :giggle: ) so a day with mah U2 peeps is all good no matter what. Some of the n00bs may not just want to just "hang out" with us, as cool as we are, but Harmony Motel would be cool.

EVEN THOUGH WE WON'T NEED IT (positive thoughts there ;) ) a possible alternate plan then in case of rain is we could go see the Harmony Motel and Joshua Tree National Park. They are only about an hour and a half drive from Mels.

HarmonymotelCA.jpg

and I took these from the road just inside JT National Park.

joshuatreenationalparksun1-19-082.jpg

joshuatreenationalparkroad1-19-08.jpg

would be a neat close drive if driving all the way to the tree is determined not a good idea... but that won't happen! :wink:

Hey guys? If recent weather is any indication we might have to have a back up plan. If it's going to rain either the day before or the day of the trip we shouldn't be traipsing through the muddy desert. This can can have a negative effect on fragile environment around the tree. So any ideas on what we should do just in case?

I checked weather.com and it said 30% chance of few showers for Saturday in Death Valley.

I think we should be okay even if it does spritz a bit. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a torrential downpour or anything.

Just don't wear flip-flops and I think we'll be fine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom