Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) me
2) Ethan
3) Dev
4) Edge_O
5) Outsider
6) Cleasai
7) Carlos

Maybe:
7) Cecy
8) Dorene
9) Jmath
10)Christie
11)Christie's boyfriend

Providing Own Transport (and navigation)
10+) Comet and family

Looks like we're going to need a 2nd driver - Jmath and Christie have "volunteered" to drive if necessary.

^ Yep, he's back. We make sad faces and he says "sorry, something came up" Edge_Orchestra says "feck" and "arrangements are made". I see where his loyalties lie.

I really like the idea of a picnic lunch (because we had so much fun with our mini-picnic last year), but I wonder if it would be too hard to coordinate . . . lord knows we've had enough trouble just figuring who's in and who's out for the trip itself. :lol:

Maybe we could stop at a store after breakfast to pick up the essentials. There's a Costco right by Mel's if anyone's a member, there's also a Food 4 Less off the 15 at Foothill, and further up the 15 there's Stater Bros. and Target.

Maybe we could stop at a store after breakfast to pick up the essentials. There's a Costco right by Mel's if anyone's a member, there's also a Food 4 Less off the 15 at Foothill, and further up the 15 there's Stater Bros. and Target.

And he'll have the tunes covered :D

I was wondering if we should plan to have a picnic lunch or if there will be somewhere to grab food between the tree and the point.

I really like the idea of a picnic lunch (because we had so much fun with our mini-picnic last year), but I wonder if it would be too hard to coordinate . . . lord knows we've had enough trouble just figuring who's in and who's out for the trip itself. :lol:

Or we could either do a "Bring Your Own Lunch" and someone can provide coolers for stuff that needs to be kept cold. or we can do a sign-up here in the thread (sandwiches, chips or crackers, drinks, cookies, fruit, etc) I just like to be on the way, you know what I mean :reject:

I make a pretty mean vat o' guacamole. I can bring that and something else. Potato salad? Macaroni salad? Caprese salad? I like to cook so, whatever you guys want and think would be good on a picnic. Just throw out some suggestions.

Also, someone will need to bring paper goods (plates, cups, plastic utensils, napkins, etc.)

I was wondering if we should plan to have a picnic lunch or if there will be somewhere to grab food between the tree and the point.

Go with bringing food. There's Panamint Springs and Stovepipe Wells (and Furnace Creek farther down the road) on the way, both places to buy meals, but it's a long way to them. The road is long and lovely, but it's in the middle o' the desert.

I'm a dumb boy that can't cook... err... I'll bring LOTS OF Cheetos and/or some Red Vines?

Carlos: drinks (water and soda)
Ethan: guac and salad of some kind
Zooey: paper goods
Edge_Orchestra: chips and Red Vines up the wazoo
Dev: I can bring sandwich fixins

I fixed it for you :wink:
Oh, and may I request some Sour Cream and onion chips - I don't eat cheetos... I'm in training, you know :wink: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom