Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't made my flight arrangements yet :reject: I still can't figure out where I'm staying - I hate making people pick me up / drop me off / drive me around so I'm trying to make sure it's easiest on everyone and I really want to try to at least see (if I"m not staying with her) my friend who lives in Ontario/Chino. :gah: I was freaking out a little this weekend and usually Mr. Z is really good a saying "Why don't you just do this?" and making it all work but he had no suggestions! :angry:

Maybe I'll call you this week and we can chat.

My office is a stone's throw from the Ontario Airport. If you're staying in Ontario or in the surrounding area it wouldn't be a problem to help out if you need to be picked up or dropped off at the airport.

Right now, I'll use any excuse to get out of the office for a moment.

There are eight car rental places at the Ontario Airport, if we decide to go that route. A minivan or SUV would hold between five and eight people and right now we have:

Me
BonoFox1
Dorene
Jmath
RedRocksU2
Edge_Orchestra
bonocomet (and family?)
zuropa_fit
nicv
FitzChivalry

That's 10+ people. I think that bonocomet and family will want to drive themselves since they'll be heading back to San Diego at the end of the night, so maybe the rest of us could get into one or two larger vehicles. Thoughts?

edit: This is the one I was looking at. I think I remember it being discussed around here at one time about which/if any of the things in the background of these photos are still there.

U2DeathValleyJunction.jpg

This was in February 2008:

STA72128.jpg

There are eight car rental places at the Ontario Airport, if we decide to go that route. A minivan or SUV would hold between five and eight people and right now we have:

Me
BonoFox1
Dorene
Jmath
RedRocksU2
Edge_Orchestra
bonocomet (and family?)
zuropa_fit
nicv
FitzChivalry

That's 10+ people. I think that bonocomet and family will want to drive themselves since they'll be heading back to San Diego at the end of the night, so maybe the rest of us could get into one or two larger vehicles. Thoughts?

and Outsider

YAY Bf1 and Dg are in! :yippie:

Yes my family can take our car since there are 4 of us, it'll be easier.

(But if you guys did 1 big JT party bus I may jump ship!) :wink:

Ok at least text me pics on the way. :D

Martha very cool, thanks! :up:

Martha, those pics are AWESOME!!!!! So will we be passing that if we do the big JT / Zabriskie Pt. loop or is that off on some tangential road somewhere?

Cecy and Doreen!!!!!!! :hyper:

I was gonna make flight arrangements last weekend but I get paid THIS weekend so I'll do it SATURDAY :hyper: Can't wait to see y'all again!

Martha, those pics are AWESOME!!!!! So will we be passing that if we do the big JT / Zabriskie Pt. loop or is that off on some tangential road somewhere?

It's more or less where the 190 and 127 meet, which is a ways south of Death Valley. There was some slight navigating to do, but I think it was mostly just following signs to the "town" of Death Valley Junction. Take an AAA map with you.

As long as I'm not in the way back. :barf: Ethan, Vasthy and I might all be fighting for shotgun. Or I could drive... Since I'm going to be at the airport and all. :hmm:

I wish there was a better quality copy of that 1st video somewhere. That's the only one I've ever seen. :sad:

But srsly, if y'all want me to look into renting a van at the airport I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom