Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confessions of our least favorite U2 songs accompanied by some sort of objection from another :lol:
Edge_orchestra is right, I too felt like I had known everyone forever:cute:

True that. Outsider is cute as can be. And legend has it, quite the photographer too. :up:

And Dev... wow. Dev has a smile that could light up the darkest night. Stunning. :wave:

oh thank you and I really hope I didn't screw up the one picture I took of the group at the tree. I'll find out later today :panic:

Dev is awesome! Where is she? :waiting:

Confessions of our least favorite U2 songs accompanied by some sort of objection from another :lol:
Edge_orchestra is right, I too felt like I had known everyone forever:cute:

Never knew so many didn't like "Miami". Surprised to hear that anyone didn't like "Zooropa" (album)... and some "Zooropa" (song)... and someone DARED to not like "UltraViolet"! (Crazy talk!)

:lol:
:wave:
:applaud:
:D

Then we listen to some Lady Gaga. (True story)

Look at them happy smiling faces in the pics. Such a good day. Can't wait for the next trip! Well... at least we got them shows in between. =O)

Amen to everything you said! A fantastic day and it makes me want June to get here even faster. :hyper:

Dev is awesome! Where is she? :waiting:

Dev is truly an amazing person, such an awesome woman!

My guess is she's sitting in traffic somewhere on the 10, 605 or 110, and wishing she could just get to work so she can check this thread! :lol:

And Ethan is the winner! Overslept, stuck in traffic and I can only pop in here for a minute because I have meetings today. Amazing, amazing day! Thank you again to Cathleen and family for being our guides!! Thank you so much for Maryann for driving us (did you give the rental company hell? are they making it up to you?) through rain, snow and dark of night!! Thank you to Ethan, Carlos, Jeff and Vasty for being awesome traveling companions!!

How does mid-September sound for the next trip? I do have pictures and will post them later. I was thinking on Sunday that it's interesting that it took four Irish guys and one Dutch guy to inspire me to check out Death Valley, I'm not very outdoors-y, don't camp or hike or any of that, but standing by the tree and taking in those snow-capped mountains, or all the colors at the point, there's so much beauty out there to take in and I'm glad someone is out there to push me toward it.

The rental company gave me a $50 voucher for my next rental (which will be this summer) and deducted the insurance ($15). She complained about the mud in the back but said she wouldn't charge me the $50 cleaning fee since she did nearly kill us all (well, not her words exactly but you get the idea...).

Ethan's sig :lmao:

I :heart: the pics of all of us laughing - lots of laughing that day. :hug:

For the record, they're "funny looking", not funny!

"the worlds largest broken disappointment"

"we'll be in section What's The Point"

I'm going to have to *rightclicksave* like mad when I get home tonight. I don't remember who took the pic of me and the tree - Ethan maybe? I'm sure whoever it is will send it my way when they come across it.

Oh, and my friend who was in the accident was happy to hear that his/my/our "Walk On" was still in tact - thanks Carlos for helping me with the maintanance on it. (I don't think I spelled that word correctly). Dev, fixing everyone's little rock sculptures :love:

Oh, and I'm doing an art project involving 6-word-memoirs. I have to come up with three of them and one of them is going to be "Followed the band. Found a home." (or maybe "found the love", what do y'all think?)

The rental company gave me a $50 voucher for my next rental (which will be this summer) and deducted the insurance ($15). She complained about the mud in the back but said she wouldn't charge me the $50 cleaning fee since she did nearly kill us all (well, not her words exactly but you get the idea...).

Ethan's sig :lmao:

I :heart: the pics of all of us laughing - lots of laughing that day. :hug:

For the record, they're "funny looking", not funny!

"the worlds largest broken disappointment"

"we'll be in section What's The Point"

I'm going to have to *rightclicksave* like mad when I get home tonight. I don't remember who took the pic of me and the tree - Ethan maybe? I'm sure whoever it is will send it my way when they come across it.

Oh, and my friend who was in the accident was happy to hear that his/my/our "Walk On" was still in tact - thanks Carlos for helping me with the maintanance on it. (I don't think I spelled that word correctly). Dev, fixing everyone's little rock sculptures :love:

But are they ALWAYS funny or just at times? :lol::lol::wave::applaud::applaud:

A Mid-September trip sounds like a great idea. Particularly for us fans that won't be able to make it to the late summer European shows... and it will give us a reason to be together. And I quite like that idea.

Ethan, Carlos, Marianne, Vashti, BonoComet/Charlie and the BonoComet-lings... what do you think? Plus others that couldn't make this trip. Be cool to finally meet Sicy...

Come on Dev - start the new thread!

And Ethan is the winner! Overslept, stuck in traffic and I can only pop in here for a minute because I have meetings today. Amazing, amazing day! Thank you again to Cathleen and family for being our guides!! Thank you so much for Maryann for driving us (did you give the rental company hell? are they making it up to you?) through rain, snow and dark of night!! Thank you to Ethan, Carlos, Jeff and Vasty for being awesome traveling companions!!

How does mid-September sound for the next trip? I do have pictures and will post them later. I was thinking on Sunday that it's interesting that it took four Irish guys and one Dutch guy to inspire me to check out Death Valley, I'm not very outdoors-y, don't camp or hike or any of that, but standing by the tree and taking in those snow-capped mountains, or all the colors at the point, there's so much beauty out there to take in and I'm glad someone is out there to push me toward it.

IMG_2771-1.jpg

Are you guys sure you want to go in September? :uhoh: I think the Jan/Feb time is a good time. September is most likely going to be HOT. It will most likely be over 100 degrees in Death Valley, and though the tree location will be cooler as it's higher than the valley, it will still be a hot walk to the tree. I'm not sure I'm up for that! :reject:

Are you guys sure you want to go in September? :uhoh: I think the Jan/Feb time is a good time. September is most likely going to be HOT. It will most likely be over 100 degrees in Death Valley, and though the tree location will be cooler as it's higher than the valley, it will still be a hot walk to the tree. I'm not sure I'm up for that! :reject:

I was just about to say that. Although September is officially the end of the hottest time of year, plenty of 100+ days can be had.

Edit to add: just this last the death valley broke to record of the worlds hottest day ever. The record was 124. It fell short by a couple of degrees. :shifty:

Btw my grammar is horrible right now because I'm trying to type on my damn phone.

Late September is a toss up. It all depends on what kind of year it's been. I'll see if I can't dig up past weather reports and see if there is a common trend.

I think it might still be hot, but if you guys are ok with it go ahead and plan it for sure! :) Don't worry about us here because I won't know if we can get away then or not, we'll just see as it gets closer, and I think you guys can find the way now without us right? :wink: You took notes this time yes? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom