Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are 2 different things :hmm: i saw samoas tonight being sold by the girls scouts in front of the grocery store. Purple box.

:hmm: well I'll be good with whatever you bring.... the ones I'm thinking have coconut, caramel and chocolate.... stuff.

Rick's schedule changed so we can't make breakfast :(

Have fun everyone, drive safe and takes lots of pictures :wave:

SO envious of you guys, I'd nearly give a limb to be going with you all!

Have an awesome time, give the tree my love, and take plenty of video/pics. :hug:

Carlos - why can't I go? I'm in CANADA. :lol:

^ oh doubly ditto this (except the part about canada . . . I'm just a titchy bit farther away :lol: )

don't forget these

brownies.jpg

and a bottle or three of this to drink when you get there :D

joshua06.jpg

safe and happy travels

:wave:

I am sad to have to tell everyone going on the trip that I will not be able to attend. :sad: The weather is looking like it is going to be beyond what I am wanting to travel through. I am hoping that maybe we can plan a trip out there again when the weather is better, or we can try to catch you guys on the third annual trip.
Have a great time and try to stay dry!!!

:wave:

Sorry to hear that :( I'm hoping the weather will be nice but we still just don't know. Keep your eye on things for next year though. :wave:

Oh, Christie. I'm sorry. Who knows what we'll wind up doing today - I've been laying here awake most of the night, listening to the rain fall, wondering what y'all are going to say when we get to Mel's. I guess I'll find out in about an hour and a half :rolleyes:

Stoopid rain. It's supposed to hit AZ by this afternoon so maybe it'll clear soon???????

Road condition update: as of 7:20 AM not too bad! The hard rain has gotten lighter, and so far it looks like all rain and no snow (but conditions change fast, so be careful). There was actually a patch of blue sky above my house (which is along your route) a little while ago. There have been a couple of accidents on the 15 this morning, but hopefully those will be cleaned up before you guys head through. Just be alert of the potential to hydroplane so slow down, speedsters (especially if you hit a downpour)! Have fun! :up:

Sorry guys the drive got too scary for me. Plus I had too late of a start. I hope to catch up with y'all some other time. :sigh:

:applaud: Thanks EdgeO!! It was a Beautiful Day!!!

Can't wait to see everyone's photos. I'll try to put some up tonight and more tomorrow. Had a great time with you all! :wave:

C: I forgot to get my cookies from you. :| I'll still send you the $ and you can give them away or something. :)

Thank you Zooey for driving!!

I'm beat!! the trip was a lengthy one but it was worth every moment! It was my first time seeing the tree and zabriskie pt. It didn't rain once we arrived to each sight which was god sent. I'm a Los angeleno and it's very easy to forget how vast and scenic this state is. No the weather wasn't sunny but the way the clouds hit certain spots was breathtaking and so picturesque IMO
I have every intention to return and I'm happy to have met & reunited with you all! :heart:

:applaud: Thanks EdgeO!! It was a Beautiful Day!!!

Can't wait to see everyone's photos. I'll try to put some up tonight and more tomorrow. Had a great time with you all! :wave:

Thanks to BonoComet & familyfor leading the way.

Thanks to Marianne for the driving (and not killing us dead).

Such a fun day with all of you. Thanks for the great day, great memories and great guacamole.

We weathered cold, rain, snow, some washed-out roads... but it was all worth it.

Pics forthcoming...

:hyper:

*voyeur alert*

so excited for all of you . . . you made it . . . huzzah :applaud:

and w:heart:w . . . what a spectacular sight :up: just breathtaking

:shifty: looking forward to stalking the thread :giggle: and finding out what you all got up too :)

< how sad am I . . . the vid made me cry :der:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom