Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interested in carpooling if that works out. :wink:

Awesome! Let's keep in touch then. :applaud:

Zabrinske Point :love: Would love to go there!

I'd also like to get to Zabrinske Point. Hmmm....anyone up for maybe considering an overnight stop along the route? Just a suggestion....

:ohmy: I never saw this thread til now. (thanks for the link Dev!)

And I don't think I had ever seen that first pic of us on the bench :cute:

We're up for it! My kids this time too :wave: Anyone talking tentative dates yet?

Zooey had mentioned February because she has vacation then, but no definite dates had been agreed upon. Depending on how many people were interested, we were also talking about the possibility of splitting up into two groups going on two different days.

My vacation is Feb 25 - 28. That would be the only time we could do it unless we got a SMOKIN' deal on flights. This would give us 2 days to drive out and back and two days to visit.

Comet, you mentioned bringing your kids. Anyone thinking of bringing small children? I don't think Mr.Z would want me to leave him alone with the little one for another 4 day U2 extravaganza so I'm thinking of brining the little one (he'll be 6). He's a good traveler and loves U2 but it would be more fun if there were a couple other young ppl for him to hang with.

Of course I know this doesn't revolve around me and my needs so whatever y'all need to do is cool. I've been to the tree. I just want to see y'all again. Maybe if the tree / Zabriskie Point trip is another time we'll still come out that weekend anyway. I'm sure Mr.Z wouldn't mind some time to himself.

[/ramble]

Well my "kids" are 17 and 20 and massive U2 fans. Did you not meet them at Vegas or LA Zooey? :ohmy:

I think almost any weekend in Jan or Feb will work for us so I'll keep my eye on this thread :)

My little guy is 4 so probably to young for a hike like this......I am going to keep my eye on this thread....

the photos look beautiful....some how I expected more trees! :)

U2's Joshua tree was actually planted just outside a joshua tree forest, so there are hardly any other joshua trees in the immediate area around it. When you are there, if you look toward the foot of the mountains though, you can see a pretty good sized joshua tree forest in the distance. (especially with binoculars) And if anyone has the time someday to visit the actual joshua tree national park (about 3 hours from U2's tree) those forests are spectacular. Sort of feels like you're on another planet or back in time or something!

One of my photos from Joshua Tree National Park
joshuatreenationalparkroad1-19-08.jpg

Well my "kids" are 17 and 20 and massive U2 fans. Did you not meet them at Vegas or LA Zooey? :ohmy:

I think almost any weekend in Jan or Feb will work for us so I'll keep my eye on this thread :)

Yeah, I knew they were older but no I didn't meet them I guess. Maybe this spring, though.

Like I said in another thread, I wanna go to the tree!! I've been a fan for so long and always wanted to go but never did. I know it's in Death Valley but never went to find it.

I would love to go when you guys go... but I don't know if I'll have the money to travel there...:sad:

I mentioned to Devlin a while ago about the possibility of renting a van this time instead of having half a dozen cars parked along side highway. We could even meet at the same Mel's Diner like last time.

You can thank my Grandma for passing along the SUPER MOTION SICKNESS GENE to her children and grandchildren. Ugh. Motion sickness sucks.

Naw I was just kidding. I wasn't really expecting to throw everyone in the back of a uhaul. Unless you meant ANY van such as...

denver_van_charters.jpg

Let me put it this way: usually, in any kind of stop-and-go traffic, I will get motion sick if I'm in the back seat of any vehicle . . . and sometimes even if I'm in the front passenger seat. This is why, whenever possible, I try to drive.

Lovely genetics. Lovely.

Amazingly, I didn't get sick on the last trip out to Death Valley in January, and I was in the back of Carlos' car the whole time. But I think that's because there wasn't any traffic, so there was no jerky, stop-'n-go motion going on.

Same with the trip to Vegas last week. No traffic, so I was all right. Though I did start to feel a bit iffy once we got into Vegas and were going down Tropicana Blvd. to get to The Claw/Siena Suites. There's A LOT of stop lights down that boulevard. :|

Amazingly, I didn't get sick on the last trip out to Death Valley in January, and I was in the back of Carlos' car the whole time. But I think that's because there wasn't any traffic, so there was no jerky, stop-'n-go motion going on.

Same with the trip to Vegas last week. No traffic, so I was all right. Though I did start to feel a bit iffy once we got into Vegas and were going down Tropicana Blvd. to get to The Claw/Siena Suites. There's A LOT of stop lights down that boulevard. :|

It's the combo of me :wink: and the red vines that keeps you from barfing!

I just found a party limo bus "with removable dance poles." :crack:

Is Kaf coming on this trip?

:heart:You are so sweet not to mention my driving. :shifty:

Seriously though, I'm glad you didn't get sick. :wink: I get motion sickness sometimes as well, but usually good w/car drives, unless they are windy :sick:
7Up and saltines help :up:

Oh and I'm so up for a party van, I can only imagine how fun that would be. :cute:

depending on how many peeps are going and I don't have to drive and it is on a weekend (saving vacay hours for next tour leg) I WOULD LOVE to go again :hyper:!! (even if we have to go in more than one car *but again I don't want to drive* I aways get stuck driving :angry:

I'd bring the tacos de carne asada and Fanta soda :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom