Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we call them now? Who's going to be who in the picture? (You know we're going to do it, so we might as well call slots now.)

I think Dev should be Bono because she's got the long-ish, shoulder-length hair. I have a stubbly facial something going on right now, so I guess I could be Edge. (But I'd need the hat.) Or, I wear glasses, so I could be Adam also. :hmm:

I'm glad I'm not the only one...

My guess is we'll do several versions of the shot. :nerd:

I'm a fan of the pepsi products m'self but I usually travel with my own, so whatever you want to bring is fine with me!

BAWS!!!!!! I was wondering if/when you'd get in on this.

I hope so. I heard that if it does rain, it will be early in the morning and the chances will decrease as the day goes.

:shifty:

just sticking my voyeuristic little head in here to say

have an awesome time

safe travel lovelies :hug:

This. And depending on which weatherman you listen to, snow level locally is supposed to be at the 3500 - 4000 foot level, which means you may have snow through Cajon Pass. Be careful, lots of accidents occur in the pass under these conditions. :twocents:

Here's the weather forecast for The Joshua Tree:
Saturday: Rain. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the low 30s.

And for Joshua Tree:
Saturday: Showers possible. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the upper 30s

bonocomet made this suggestion before that we may want to keep in mind:

EVEN THOUGH WE WON'T NEED IT (positive thoughts there :) ) a possible alternate plan then in case of rain is we could go see the Harmony Motel and Joshua Tree National Park. They are only about an hour and a half drive from Mels.

I'm sorry that I have not been posting more in here.....I am not a "thread" "forum" person. :hmm: All so new to me. Anyway! Lets all think warm thoughts so we can have a sunny trip, yes?:applaud: I can't wait to go and meet all of you! Is there anything else that is needed that I can bring? I saw the list for picnic food....requests would be great!!!
See all of you on Saturday!:hyper:
Christie

I wonder if we'll pass by the shoe tree?

:hmm:

shoetree.jpg

I'm sorry that I have not been posting more in here.....I am not a "thread" "forum" person. :hmm: All so new to me. Anyway! Lets all think warm thoughts so we can have a sunny trip, yes?:applaud: I can't wait to go and meet all of you! Is there anything else that is needed that I can bring? I saw the list for picnic food....requests would be great!!!
See all of you on Saturday!:hyper:
Christie

Here's the latest list:

Carlos: drinks (water and soda)
Ethan: guac and salad of some kind
Zooey: paper goods
Edge_Orchestra: chips and Red Vines
Dev: I can bring sandwich fixins
comet: chocolate chip cookies (no nuts)
Outsider: pan dulce

Maybe you could bring fruit or veggies or some snack that you like?

Looking forward to meeting you Saturday morning!

If we do, I want this room:

The Jack Kerouac Cabin This detached, self-contained residence, aptly named Jack Kerouac (a famous writer that loved the desert) sleeps four. This is huge open plan room with a Queen bed, a full futon bed and a twin rollaway bed, this room has its own full kitchnette. The rate for this room starts at: $90.00 plus taxes for two people, and an additional $10.00 per person for the 3rd and 4th individuals.

If only for the name.

btw, If I have time, I will print some pictures from the last trip to place inside the U2ube capsule thingy at the site.

Maybe, if we wind up going to the Harmony, we could tell them we were looking to rent the place for a U2 fan gathering / retreat and want to see the place to see if it's worth it... :hmm: Like when people check out fancy places for their wedding, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom