...and it was a "Beautiful Day" in dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
we couldn't have had a more perfect day for a gathering. almost spring-like weather...hard to believe exactly one week before we had 4 inches of snow.

i met Allegra, HeartlandGirl and EPandAmerica and her friend at the hotel around 1-2pm. then we walked over to the little shopping area a block away where the irish pub is. we walked around and did some shopping first. we also stopped in Virgin Records. of course after seeing the U2 section, and how out of order the cds were we had to put them in order :laugh: :reject:

then we stopped at Urban Outfitters and had a blast there. i bought the most amazing red heart shapped pillow...it's all soft and squishy. Allegra and HeartlandGirl bought some 'Bono-style' sunglasses :cool:

around 5pm we got to the Irish pub. Lylas met us there. around 9pm we left, and HeartlandGirl and Allegra came over to my apartment and we watched the U2 Go Home Slane DVD and chatted till around 12:30.

sorry to dissapoint you Mr. BAW...no drunk posting :laugh:

this morning EPandAmerica and her friend left early (hope y'all had a safe drive home!). HeartlandGirl and I walked back over to Trinity Hall for brunch. then to Virgin Records one more time. i also bought a really nice necklace with a real clover in it at a jewelry store. i didn't do this on purpose, but everything i bought this weekend was somehow U2 related...the clover necklace, the red heart pillow, and the Electrical Storm cd single import that i bought at Virgin Records :cute:

hopefully we're going to have another gathering in 2 weeks when the North Texas Irish Festival is :hyper:

i hope i'm not forgetting anything...

anyway, here are some pics from this weekend:

Allegra and HeartlandGirl show off their new 'Bono-style' shades
AllegraandHG.jpg

me with my heart pillow
ABELheart.jpg

Lylas, EP's friend, EPandAmerica, Allegra, HeartlandGirl and me
group_trinityhall.jpg

i enjoyed meeting everyone and hope we get to do it again soon :hug:

Last edited:
ABEL said:

sorry to dissapoint you Mr. BAW...no drunk posting :laugh:

I am truly disappointed; I even expected a phone call that never came! :(

It is very nice to put names with lots of pretty faces! looks like a lot of fun was had...Abel drinks ketchup! :lol:

Last edited:
Seriously, I think ABEL summed up the weekend's events pretty accurately. All I have to add is that I had a wonderful time! U2 fans are always the best people!

:hug: !!!!!

And one more thing...

:heart: bread pudding at Trinity Hall :heart:

Re: Re: ...and it was a "Beautiful Day" in dallas

Mr. BAW said:

I am truly disappointed; I even expected a phone call that never came! :(

i'm sorry mr. b :hug:

i had a small tragedy on saturday morning...i had your message saved on my cell phone...the one when you and BAW called a few weeks ago...i was checking my new messages and meant to save it but i accidentally pressed 7 and it got deleted and that was before i had a chance to save your phone number...i wanted to save that message too :sigh:

we even talked about making phone calls to interferencers :laugh:

HeartlandGirl said:

:heart: bread pudding at Trinity Hall :heart:

:drool: x 1000 OMG how could i have forgotten the bread pudding! that's the best bread pudding i've EVER had. i think HeartlandGirl would agree with me that it was worth the trip to dallas just for the bread pudding :wink:

Last edited:
Re: Re: ...and it was a "Beautiful Day" in dallas

Mr. BAW said:
...Abel drinks ketchup! :lol:

hahaha that just reminds me....the ketchup!

i ordered an irish breakfast, and asked for ketchup for the fried potatoes. it was heinz, and VERY VERY thick, and wouldn't pour out of the bottle at all. i'd already used my knife so i couldn't stick it in the bottle. i tried shaking the bottle upside down and tapping it on the end, and shaking it as hard as i could...little splats of ketchup were flying everywhere except on the potatoes. when the waiter finally came back, we asked for an extra knife for the ketchup and he was like...oh you don't know the secret of heinz? he said it's all about the angle, and then he asked where i wanted it, and proceeded to put ketchup on the potatoes for me :lmao: :reject:

i'd been drinking a pear cider that i shared with HeartlandGirl. i was saving the last part of it for the bread pudding we'd just ordered after the meal. there was still a good amount in the bottle. the waiter came with the bread pudding and we were all wide eyed and drooling over it. after eating a bit of it, i was going to take another drink of my pear cider when i realize, it's not there! the waiter comes back and asks us how everything is and i said "someone took my bottle" and he said "yeah that was me." i said "i wasn't finished yet". he apologized and said he'd gotten all excited about the bread pudding...so then he brings back a whole new bottle of Pear Cider for me :lol:

i felt kinda bad that he brought back a whole bottle for me since i knew there was no way i'd finish it. :silent:

It was a Beautiful Day !

Shopping :heart:

Guinness :drool:

Nice looking men around every corner :shifty:

Bread pudding :bow:

Funny T-shirts from Urban Outfitters!!!!! :lmao:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom