...and I have to get to Texas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Sorry! Tori Amos reference there. :wink:

It's time for a get-together in Dallas, and ABEL (with some help from me) is planning it all out. No date has been set yet, but we're thinking sooner rather than later. This will just be a fun night out for interlanders and other interested parties who want to hang out in Dallas.

As I said, details are still to be worked out, but if you live around the Dallas/OKC/Austin/etc. area, you're welcome to join us.

Anything else need to be said, ABEL? :)

definitely sooner rather than later :hyper:

we just need help narrowing down a date that is convenient for everyone more than anything. i'm off on friday and saturdays, but with some advance notice i could take off on a sunday too.

I'll be waiting on the info.! :hyper:

MLK weekend is a 3 day weekend for me and so is Presidents day in Feb.

I can work it out on a regular weekend too though. Just let me know. :yes:

aww fizz :( wish you could come :hug:

Feb. actually sounds like it might be better than january. i can really do it any weekend too. i have heard tho that on some of the long range weather forecasts, sometime in the next two weeks, they're calling for a possible snow/ice storm here in north texas. weather in january in texas can be so unpredictable. well weather any time in texas can be unpredictable but we seem to get the worst winter weather the last part of january.

anyway...enuf of that...any other ideas?

martha said:
I might be able to make it if it's in late July or late August.

:wink:

i'm sure it will be before then, like in the next month or so...but i'm sure we'll have another gathering sometime in the summer too :hyper:

hey HeartlandGirl, what's your email addy? i gots a question for you about somethin :hmm:

or do you have aim or msn messenger?

my email addy is abelu2@hotmail.com

Last edited:
just to update everyone, it's looking like sometime around mardi gras is going to work out best for most people i've talked to about it. how does this sound for everyone?

let me know so we can narrow down the date asap to let people have enough time for vacation requests, etc.

um probably the weekend of the 21st? not certain tho. i think mardi gras is the 24th? :scratch:

Yes, Mardi Gras is Tuesday the 24th, the day before Ash Wednesday. :yes:

If the gathering is on Saturday, then I could make it.

yeah it would be on a saturday :hyper:
still not 100% sure if it'll be that weekend, but it's looking more and more likely :D

Will there be someone pm'ing us with details on this? Even though it will be on a Saturday, I will still need time to plan on going.

I hope it is still on. :hyper:

so far things are a go...i'm still waiting to hear back from 3 people. if i don't hear back from them i say we do it anyway. we can always have another gathering for st. paddy's day or in the summer for the ones that couldn't make it this time. :hyper:

so for right now it still looks like feb. 21st is the best for everyone.

:hyper:

i'll PM y'all when final plans are made. just check this thread regularly :wink:

Well, Yeeeee Haaaaaa!!! Count my ass in!!!

We do need a cover band down here now and badly! I don't think that there is one that exists in this state. Go figure, the second largest state and we have no cover band! :mad:

Thanks again ABEL for letting me know!

Are we meeting at Trinity Hall again?

that's what i was thinking of. i :heart: trinity hall. if there's anything else y'all would like to do we can do something else too.

Back
Top Bottom