Am I the only dutch around here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ageeth said:
aawww what about our licorice???:(
You can wake me up for it at night!! :tongue:

Have you tried it once Beli?? Otherwise i will send you some!:yes:

Thank you for your generous offer but I will respectfully decline. I have tasted Dutch licorice and its not 100% compatible with my palate. :|

Chizip might like some though. :hyper:

oh i want some dutch licorice, send it to me!

ive never actually had vegemite, i just posted in every thread so i could knock another thread off the first page

there were 2 australian threads, so as an american the only 2 things about australia i could come up with were kangaroos and vegemite

beli said:

Thank you for your generous offer but I will respectfully decline. I have tasted Dutch licorice and its not 100% compatible with my palate. :|

Chizip might like some though. :hyper:

hehe ok, was just offering.. you cant have an opinion if you never taste it! right??
I think you have tasted the wrong ones haha:scratch:

Chizip said:
oh i want some dutch licorice, send it to me!

ive never actually had vegemite, i just posted in every thread so i could knock another thread off the first page

there were 2 australian threads, so as an american the only 2 things about australia i could come up with were kangaroos and vegemite

Well if you really want to have it, you can give me ur adress and i will really send it to you!:hyper: :giggle:

Chizip said:
people actually eat kangaroos?

Sometimes. The meat is pretty tough though. And you can only really eat the farmed roos. The wild ones are full of worms. It's mostly used for pet food here. Are you glad you asked?

Kangaroos are vermin. We have literally millions of them. The government shoots them to keep the numbers under control (unfortunately they sometimes do this in an inhumane manner but thats another discussion)

So we may as well use them for pet food/occassionally bbq them.

do you guys have deer?

we have those and it sounds a lot like your kangaroos

there are too many here so we have to get people to take care of them

and some people eat them too

Is sweet drop called sweet drop on the packet? Or something else in Dutch? We have Dutch lollies over here. Theres quite a few Dutchies that live in Perth.

Chizip said:
do you guys have deer?

we have those and it sounds a lot like your kangaroos

there are too many here so we have to get people to take care of them

and some people eat them too

Nup, no deer. All our native mammals are marsupials. The vermin imported animals are wild horses, dromedaries, European mice (ie mice that run on 4 legs instead of skip on 2), European rats, and bunnies.

interesting, i need to visit australia sometime, and maybe eat some kangaroo

beli said:
Kangaroos are vermin. We have literally millions of them. The government shoots them to keep the numbers under control (unfortunately they sometimes do this in an inhumane manner but thats another discussion)

So we may as well use them for pet food/occassionally bbq them.

hmm ok, i just see those sweet animals , we dont have them here!! haha
But i dont think i would taste it... i always see a kangaroo hopping around i think.. and then on my plate..:scratch:

Ageeth said:

hmm ok, i just see those sweet animals , we dont have them here!! haha
But i dont think i would taste it... i always see a kangaroo hopping around i think.. and then on my plate..:scratch:

You have seen cows walking around, yes? And you eat meat? or are you vegie?

Thats not intended as an attack by the way. I was veg for 16 years.

Last edited:
beli said:
Is sweet drop called sweet drop on the packet? Or something else in Dutch? We have Dutch lollies over here. Theres quite a few Dutchies that live in Perth.

its called zoete drop on the packet...
If you cant find it, i will send you some too!! hahaha

:dancing: Dutch lollies... also very good!!

beli said:

You have seen cows walking around, yes? And you eat meat? or are you vegie?

ofcourse, i know what you mean... haha and yes i eat meat sometimes, but i have to same terrible feeling then...
cant help it:shrug:

beli said:
Where are you from? Im friends with a number of Dutchies in here - Salome, Popmartijn, Tomer, Rono, Dr Teeth,

i am from Rotterdam... Well a place very nearby..
And a newby in here...:)

Ah. Salome is from umm, Rooseentahaal (or something). Tom is from nearby, they are both near Belgium. Rono is from Groningren (sp?) . Marty was in Utrecht but now hes somewhere else and I forget when Dr Teeth is from.

And they will all kill me for not bothering to work out how to spell their towns properly. lol.

ive never really visited this forum much before, now its turning into one of my favorites

beli said:
Ah. Salome is from umm, Rooseentahaal (or something). Tom is from nearby, they are both near Belgium. Rono is from Groningren (sp?) . Marty was in Utrecht but now hes somewhere else and I forget when Dr Teeth is from.

And they will all kill me for not bothering to work out how to spell their towns properly. lol.

haha Roosendaal.. and Groningen
But its all funny names for you ofcourse!!

Back
Top Bottom