All U2 English fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoochick

Babyface
Hi, It would be great to hear from some other fans in England espacialy those who went to a vertigo gig so we could chat about experiences no-matter where they were

Hi :wave: Where abouts are you from in the UK?
I went to the cardiff vertigo gig - did you go to any?
Cool name by the way :up:

OMG that was quick, I'm from Newcastle and although I wanted to go to all the gigs mu boss wouldn't let me, so I made the Croke park 05 gig and the Icing on the cake was the Honolulu gig. I still can't believe I was there.

I went to the Twickenham 18th June 05 gig. It was amazing, It was my first U2 show and it was a very hot day. Remember parking my car outside the stadium and hearing them soundcheck Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, they didn't play it on the night so it was a bonus to hear that.
Although i consider myself lucky to have seen them i want to see them probably even more now. Can't wait until they come around again.

:wave: Hi all you guy's, I'm already saving for the next tour, I want to do maybe four

Barcelona
Milan
An american gig (any)
and the last one wherever that may be

Hope you fokls can make one of them so we can meet and have a pint together
:wink:

Hello. I'm from Kent! I went to the 2 london dates, cardif and croke park. Also met the guys outside of the CD:UK studio in London. :drool:

It's soooooo unfair, i have tried and tried but still havn't met them but I will keep on trying 'till the end of the world:heart:

Hi

HI ZooChick. I'm from England and I am also a massive U2 fan, even though I call myself that I have only known about them for 2 years because I developed l8 when it came to music but I did and still do a hobby which is about music. I never went to their gig but I woould like to one day, could you tell me if or when they will promote a new tour??????

Thanks X

WITS

Hi WITS lovely to meet you. My sources tell me that the new album will be released late 2008 closely followed by a tour, whe hey! so if you start saving now maybe I will catch you in a G.A. line or two or three.
Tip, don't bring a lilo to sleep on THEY BURST hahahahaha

happy saving and take care:lol:

Did any of the people here who saw U2 in England in 2005 who had General Admission tickets get anywhere near the front. I had GA tickets but could only get so far foward.
Is it a case of getting to the venue early and the first few thousand in line get let into the front section of the crowd???
If so next time i'll be there the day before i reckon!!

Hello! :wink:
I'm a girl from Cornwall, England and I saw the Vertigo tour in Cardiff too! :cool:
I met Bono - and kissed him! - in Swansea in 1995 and met Larry, Edge & Bono at the Savoy Hotel - London after the Wembley shows in 1997.

I've been a HUGE fan since 1992.

I love being penpals with my U2 friends.

TTFN :sexywink:

StoneRoses said:
Did any of the people here who saw U2 in England in 2005 who had General Admission tickets get anywhere near the front. I had GA tickets but could only get so far foward.
Is it a case of getting to the venue early and the first few thousand in line get let into the front section of the crowd???

I got into the 'elipse'!

Yes, get there early, about 9 or 10am - well worth the wait I can tell you! You get a special band too, so you can come and go as you please. Good luck for next time! :wink:

:shocked: OMG what i would give to touch Bono's shoe, I was at the front of Edge's b stage in Honolulu and the most I got was a hug off Rocko, but i did get a fantastic smile and a wink off Adam, what a guy. I queued from 5.am outside the stadium it was the best experience of my life, everybody was so nice we had a right laugh. There was even a lady there who was about 65, she was amazing.

^ 65 year old woman!? :ohmy: Wow! :up:

That's great you got a smile and a wink from Adam!!!! That must have been :drool: worthy! :wink:

I shook Adam's hand as well!! :drool: And he even joked about the drawing I gave to him!! :faint:

StoneRoses said:

In the good old days, at least up to ZOO TV, you could stand or sit almost anywhere you liked, no problems.
Any other Uk U2 fans, please get in touch!!

Hi I'm Wild, i live in Essex

Seen them 27 times since 1992, but been a fan since 1984

I went to the both London gigs, Cardiff, Croke Park (Saturday), Barcelona

Also saw then in Canada/US on 3rd leg, Toronto 3 & 4, Chicago x 2 & Boston x 2

Was in elipse for Toronto 4(front, Adam's side), Chicago x 2 (front Adam's Side & towards back) & Boston (in front of Bono) (last night)

Meet Edge in Chicago and all the band at Abbey Road in September 2006, meet some Interfencers too :hyper:

Hi welcome to interference. Im Jem from Northwest England. :wave:

Been a fan since about 1997. Only managed to see them on the Vertigo tour though. Saw them Manchester x2 , Twickenham x1, Toronto x2, Chicago x2 and Boston x2. ( Went to most of these with WildHoney)

Met Edge on my 22nd birthday in Chicago and Edge again on my23rd birthday at Abbey Road and Adam and Larry at Abbey Road aswell last September. :love: I never seem to have luck with Bono. :lol:

I have also met many interferencers in my travels, some of them are now some of my best friends. :love:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom