All I Want Is An International U2 Friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hanover

The Fly
Hi, normally this would be the ideal opportunity to use my wit in an attempt to entice you to contact me...unfortunately I only use my wit when I'm with someone, rarely when gazing at a screen.

If you'd like to contact me, with a view to becoming a friend of sorts, then I'd be delighted. It's my Birthday on Monday, so before I go crazy celebrating or reflecting on my life, I'd love to see my inbox full. Oh, incidentally, I'm not bias, so replies from both genders are welcome.

u2-ecard4.jpg

Thank you so much MissVelvetDress_75 :hug:. That's why I totally dig Feedback cause everyone here is so genuinely nice :applaud:

Alright Girls and Guys to make things more interesting instead of emailing me, post any comments that will indicate why YOU more than anyone else here would make a terrific friend. :yes:

So what are YOUR most endearing qualities? What do YOU imagine YOUR own friends would say about YOU if secretly asked? :confused:

Honest, I am really hoping that ONE of you may in time become a true friend of mine.

Now, YOU have to convince me and surpass all the others to prove why YOU would make a great International FRIEND.

Please Sign. Thanx All.

friendship.gif

Celia, I completely agree. The thread would be long gone but for you yet when it finally shuffles off its mortal coil, I'd like to think that you and I may retain contact, whether its on a fun thread or by some other medium. You possess a certain mystique.

MissVelvetDress_75: To you I can only add - You should be my friend cause us Irish are all related, therfore, I'm related to Bono and if you wan't to meet him...I may just be able to arrange it. Now, who else would do that for you?

I like wearing those Kiss Me I'm Irish shirts on St. Patrick's Day (it's mostly true).

Why wouldn't you want to be my friend?

:sexywink:

Lilly, Hi. I get the distinct impression that you are somehow slightly comtemptuous of this thread and that is your privilege, yet in my defence all I have to say is what attracted me to these Forums initially is that for the most part it is an opportunity for U2 Fans to express their views and share with a passion in the threads that are posted here. It is quite unique as opposed to any other U2 site that I've encountered because it depends on Fans and alternatively we depend on it. As for my seeking a U2 friend what better place than to do so here. I realise that the Internet does and always shall contain some danger, but if people are genuine and exercise a degree of caution then perhaps in time the trust element shall come to the fore. Once, when I was at a U2 concert in Wembley Stadium during the ZOO Tour I actually met a wonderful person, we went for some drinks afterwards and to this present day we still remain in contact, purely platonic of course, but she, even though exiled in my neighbouring country is a very dear friend.

Needless to say I'm begining to ramble now, but why not I ask you is it so strange from your viewpoint for someone to contact another person that share the same defining interest?

Thanks for reading this Lilly!

I love making international U2 friends :wave:

Let's see. . .qualities that make me a good friend. . .:hmm:

Well like you, my true friend qualities come out one-on-one rather than groups, where you may enjoy my excellent sense of humor and wit :p Once you have gained me as a friend, I am extremely loyal and dependable. I enjoy discussing all aspects of U2's music and the band themselves. Plus, I'm clean and don't shed.

How's that?

I'm sorry I don't have premium membership so if you'd like to be my friend you'll have to e-mail me: sarahherr@hotmail.com

:wave:

Hanover said:

MissVelvetDress_75: To you I can only add - You should be my friend cause us Irish are all related, therfore, I'm related to Bono and if you wan't to meet him...I may just be able to arrange it. Now, who else would do that for you?

Me - being Irish I can also sort these things out seeing as Im related to Bono and all :wink: :wave:

Eevryone is talking about meeting Irish ppl and I have been here like 2 years :rolleyes:

I trained one of Larry Mullen's cousins...can I have an international friend?? blonde, blue, 5'5" 135 to 150....female of course!!!
:lol:

Hey, she's got two wives and a husband in this forum; its okay!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:( i am sorry hun, i wasn't in N. Ireland last May or i would have made an effort to meet you.

Its boring where I live anyway :wave:

Well, as I'm looking for a penpal anyway, how is this? I love U2, love to write and recieve letters (am a faithful correspondant), and lead a fairly interesting life, in a small town kind of way. I'm into world music, love belly dance, and read like there's no tomorrow. I live on a green island too, but mine's so small you have to take a ferry to get here.

:wave:

I am so sorry for not replying to those that have left their details on this thread, I've been ever so busy lately and I shall get in touch as soon as my workload diminishes.
Lara...I had no idea you were Irish, what a coincidence and HeartlandSoul I shall email you before the weekend. Najeena - where is this fair island you refer to - I could do with a vacation, lying beneath some palm trees.

Thanks all. I'm not forgetting you.

Uh, no palm trees, just very tall evergreens. My island is a fifteen minute ferry ride from Seattle, in the extreme northwest of the USA. It takes nine months of rain to make it so lushly green.

Back
Top Bottom