All Facebook Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now I just uploaded a ton of pics (of Interferencers :flirt:) and it puts my name under every photo, and when other people are tagged in the photo, it says my name WITH so and so... I'm not in the photo so it makes no sense to say I am with them. :angry:

also, now apparently there is no way to prevent statuses from groups coming up. up until the last couple of days, you click the x and then "hide all from ...." but now the two options are "hide post" and "report as spam", neither of which prevent all their statuses from coming up :banghead:
yes!! i just noticed this. i hate it. most of the groups i've joined because they're funny, but then they post a bunch of spammy shit of other groups they find funny which i usually don't. i guess i'll have to go unlike the worst offenders. at least that won't clog up anyone's feed, geez.

So now I just uploaded a ton of pics (of Interferencers :flirt:) and it puts my name under every photo, and when other people are tagged in the photo, it says my name WITH so and so... I'm not in the photo so it makes no sense to say I am with them. :angry:
yes! so stupid and pointless. i don't get most of the changes they make to this site, really. i don't hate change or anything but it's just...who sat there and got paid to say "HERPA DERP LET'S CHANGE IT TO SAY THEY'RE WITH SO-AND-SO BECAUSE THEY UPLOADED IT"?

has there been one, just one, update on this stupid fucking site that hasn't made it a million times worse? and yet, i still visit it 15 hundred times a day.
This.

also, now apparently there is no way to prevent statuses from groups coming up. up until the last couple of days, you click the x and then "hide all from ...." but now the two options are "hide post" and "report as spam", neither of which prevent all their statuses from coming up :banghead:

I wondered what the fuck was going on. Dumbasses.

This happens because those groups are open or public. I dont recall it being that way before though.

Yes this is super lame. :|

the whole thing is giving me the shizzies . . . and I know, in the grand el schemo of things I shouldn't give a crap. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I do :p

photo thing is uber annoying
( especially if you want to flick through a bunch of photo's quickly - I thought my eyes needed checking yesterday :crack: )

news feed is all out of whack - status updates / news feed don't seem to show in time order :|

don't know what the ticker thing is

pm's have been completely dogeared for about a week - messages either not showing up or can't click on them to read :grumpy:

haven't been able to log in, either via iphone or computer since yesterday morning :grumpy: it's the weekend godammit and if I wanna waste huge wads of time in cyberspace I should be allowed :rant:

email notifications completely on the fritz

group thing is driving me bonkers

and, well, maybe I'll just go play wwf until it all blows over

toodles :wave:

yeah what the fuck! who the fuck decided that was a good idea??

:angry::scream::banghead:

Ok what is up with facebook all of a sudden allowing friends of friends to comment on pics you tag of them?? I cant find anything in the settings to change that. I had two different random people comment on my pics and the notification said "[so and so] (friends with [one of my friends]) commented on your photo. 12:15am

And whats weird is my friend who it said their friend commented on my pic, isnt even in the pic so I dont know how that person saw or commented on the pic. :huh:

Hmmm I think I figured it out. My friend changed her settings so that friends of friends can comment on her pics, so I guess since she was tagged the friends of her friends can comment. Which means I guess theres nothing i can do about that.

You have to go into your settings and make the adjustment

It seems like every time FB does something, they say it's to increase privacy/security. But it always does the opposite, at least early on. It's up to the account holder to scrounge through their settings and tighten things up

Yeah well every time fb changes something it seems it leaves some settings open or changes things to be more public. That's kinda bullshit.

Well I'm sure you can still tag but if you see some random people commenting on your pics then that means your friend in the pic has their settings for friends of friends.

Ok what is up with facebook all of a sudden allowing friends of friends to comment on pics you tag of them?? I cant find anything in the settings to change that. I had two different random people comment on my pics and the notification said "[so and so] (friends with [one of my friends]) commented on your photo. 12:15am

And whats weird is my friend who it said their friend commented on my pic, isnt even in the pic so I dont know how that person saw or commented on the pic. :huh:

I like it! It means I can be nosy without having to friend certain people now.... :shifty:

Well I'm sure you can still tag but if you see some random people commenting on your pics then that means your friend in the pic has their settings for friends of friends.

Frustrating!

One feature I am absolutely in love with - whenever a lot of people post about the same thing, it now groups them, like "15 of your friends posted about _______".

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SEE YOUR OLD STATUS UPDATES FROM LAST YEAR I'M APPARENTLY THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO CAN'T SEE IT

oh yes, i love it too! with the rwc going on i'm getting a lot of all blacks postings and it's nice to just ignore it all. :D

re: the old statuses, it just randomly pops up for me when i'm viewing...anything but the main page, really. if i'm viewing a friend's profile or their photos, theirs pops up. it doesn't happen every time, but here's what popped up when i went to your profile, after i hit refresh a couple times:
cobbler.png

(i censored out your name in case you didn't want me advertising it to everyone :))

aww thanks khan :)

shit i wish i could see them haha! i love looking at my old things (and i'm not worried at all because i don't ever post depressing shit) that 2010 status is fucking amazing haha :heart:

Just as I start getting used to having this damned FaceBook thing they go and change it all again. :angry:

:shifty: However I switched my language setting to "English UK" and I got my old FB back. (for now...) I'll just have to talk like a Brit for now I guess. :wink:

yeah, i've heard that from several people on fb as well. since i have uk english as my language i don't know what's changed, but i'm sure it's something stupid and pointless. not looking forward to when it's rolled out for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom