All Facebook Discussion - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:29 AM   #961
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:23 AM
So now I just uploaded a ton of pics (of Interferencers ) and it puts my name under every photo, and when other people are tagged in the photo, it says my name WITH so and so... I'm not in the photo so it makes no sense to say I am with them.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #962
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
also, now apparently there is no way to prevent statuses from groups coming up. up until the last couple of days, you click the x and then "hide all from ...." but now the two options are "hide post" and "report as spam", neither of which prevent all their statuses from coming up
yes!! i just noticed this. i hate it. most of the groups i've joined because they're funny, but then they post a bunch of spammy shit of other groups they find funny which i usually don't. i guess i'll have to go unlike the worst offenders. at least that won't clog up anyone's feed, geez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
So now I just uploaded a ton of pics (of Interferencers ) and it puts my name under every photo, and when other people are tagged in the photo, it says my name WITH so and so... I'm not in the photo so it makes no sense to say I am with them.
yes! so stupid and pointless. i don't get most of the changes they make to this site, really. i don't hate change or anything but it's just...who sat there and got paid to say "HERPA DERP LET'S CHANGE IT TO SAY THEY'RE WITH SO-AND-SO BECAUSE THEY UPLOADED IT"?

Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #963
She's the One

Quote:
has there been one, just one, update on this stupid fucking site that hasn't made it a million times worse? and yet, i still visit it 15 hundred times a day.
This.

Quote:
also, now apparently there is no way to prevent statuses from groups coming up. up until the last couple of days, you click the x and then "hide all from ...." but now the two options are "hide post" and "report as spam", neither of which prevent all their statuses from coming up
I wondered what the fuck was going on. Dumbasses.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #964
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
This happens because those groups are open or public. I dont recall it being that way before though.

Quote:
Yes this is super lame.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #965
45:33

Local Time: 12:23 AM
Edit, false alarm
Old 09-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #966
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 11:23 PM
the whole thing is giving me the shizzies . . . and I know, in the grand el schemo of things I shouldn't give a crap. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I do

photo thing is uber annoying
( especially if you want to flick through a bunch of photo's quickly - I thought my eyes needed checking yesterday )

news feed is all out of whack - status updates / news feed don't seem to show in time order

don't know what the ticker thing is

pm's have been completely dogeared for about a week - messages either not showing up or can't click on them to read

haven't been able to log in, either via iphone or computer since yesterday morning it's the weekend godammit and if I wanna waste huge wads of time in cyberspace I should be allowed

email notifications completely on the fritz

group thing is driving me bonkers

and, well, maybe I'll just go play wwf until it all blows over

toodles
Old 09-04-2011, 04:27 AM   #967
45:33

Local Time: 12:23 AM
Quote:
yeah what the fuck! who the fuck decided that was a good idea??

Old 09-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #968
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:23 AM
i hate that it doesn't show the photo numbers anymore (like photo 15/125). i now have no idea when i've gone back to the beginning of the album.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #969
Refugee

Location: The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxaroedenfoe
Local Time: 01:23 PM
when I get more time I shall do some stalking
Old 09-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #970
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Ok what is up with facebook all of a sudden allowing friends of friends to comment on pics you tag of them?? I cant find anything in the settings to change that. I had two different random people comment on my pics and the notification said "[so and so] (friends with [one of my friends]) commented on your photo. 12:15am

And whats weird is my friend who it said their friend commented on my pic, isnt even in the pic so I dont know how that person saw or commented on the pic.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #971
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Hmmm I think I figured it out. My friend changed her settings so that friends of friends can comment on her pics, so I guess since she was tagged the friends of her friends can comment. Which means I guess theres nothing i can do about that.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #972
I hate this place

Local Time: 06:23 AM
You have to go into your settings and make the adjustment

It seems like every time FB does something, they say it's to increase privacy/security. But it always does the opposite, at least early on. It's up to the account holder to scrounge through their settings and tighten things up
Old 09-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #973
I hate this place

Local Time: 06:23 AM
Or that too... #i'manidiot
Old 09-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #974
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Yeah well every time fb changes something it seems it leaves some settings open or changes things to be more public. That's kinda bullshit.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #975
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:23 AM
I guess I won't be tagging people anymore!

Tags
facebook, social networking