All Facebook Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now even the UK English version has changed. Looks like I won't be using FB. If I can't see everyone's posts in the order that they post them I can't deal. :|
(And I don't know how they think they can choose what are the "top stories for the last 9 hours" are for me :doh: )
:wave:

because you and all your like-minded friends tell FB everything about yourselves

so you get the 'pro' Obama stories, that you will want to click on and read
and Indy& (or whoever) gets the 'Obama is crap' stories that he will click through and read
the click-through you give is worth billions to FB

there was a time, not to long ago when marketers would pay you to take a survey to tell them what you and your friends liked.
now you and everyone is giving that for free :shrug:

...and my fb was using the new way for about a month, and when it switched to the new way for everyone today, mine went back to the old way, and still is.. :lmao:

You were a test dummy and they realized you didn't like it so now they're putting us through your misery.

Seriously, Mark Zuckerberg doesn't like the concept of people getting too comfortable, does he?

Yeah I don't know how people can possibly be aware of statuses that are occurring if it's tucked away. It's a step in the wrong direction.

They're emphasizing 'Top News' and destroying 'Recent News'. It's like... going from instant messaging to email. Lame.

My news feed is now showing Recent News and not Top News, but last night Top News was what I saw first and then I had to scroll down to see Recent News. I'm hoping it will stay this way (at least until the next tweak), but when I read the comment of others I fear it's going to change back to what it was doing last night. :(

I don't mind the ticker...it's actually kinda fun to see what certain people I'll be damned if I'll ever friend are up to.... :shifty:

i have always hated the top news option, but i at least liked that i used to be able to switch over to recent news. i don't care if it got 500 likes and 10,000 comments, i don't want to see something someone said a week ago. i've probably already fucking seen it.

looks like i'll be making more use out of the groups feature. someone said if you put all your friends in a group and click on that filter, you can get the recent news feature back.

My news feed is now showing Recent News and not Top News, but last night Top News was what I saw first and then I had to scroll down to see Recent News. I'm hoping it will stay this way (at least until the next tweak), but when I read the comment of others I fear it's going to change back to what it was doing last night. :(

I don't mind the ticker...it's actually kinda fun to see what certain people I'll be damned if I'll ever friend are up to.... :shifty:

Yes, thankfully that changed. Now, I really don't have that much of a complaint. So long as they don't mess with Recent News.

funny-facebook-fails-appalled-changes-ecard.jpg

Just quietly, I don't like the new layout. It's going to make it much harder for people to read statuses normally and will hinder me getting lots of likes and comments.

But yeah. Not life ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom