All Facebook Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I see that bloody "can't take me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best" Marilyn Monroe quote on one more girl's profile, I'll flip my shit.

I doubt it. There's a group going around citing Eminem for the quote "if you have enemies it means you stood up for something", which is Churchill.

So how do you do the thing where you "link" to someone's name in a status update?

I thought it was @person's name, but that didn't work.

I figured it out with the help of a friend - it only works if you're posting a status update, not while commenting.

And my original comment was from my phone ... but I also left out the person's maiden name (which is part of her Facebook name), although I think it was because of the mobile device aspect.

I'm annoyed that facebook can send me notifications for friggin games, but not give me notifications for comments when I've posted on someone's wall. Fail.

Just thought i would add my name to the facebook thread if anyone would like to join my facebook friends list:hmm:
Im loving Zuma Blitz.
Maria Flynn, New Zealand

I'm annoyed that facebook can send me notifications for friggin games, but not give me notifications for comments when I've posted on someone's wall. Fail.

Hah, what drives me insane right now about Facebook is the game requests on the right hand side. You click on it, and a little window pops up to tell you that your game requests have moved [over here].

That's the first part that doesn't make any sense.

So you go to the new place for game requests, and you see that Person A wants to give you a tree in FarmVille. And you hate Farmville. You've got 2 options, Accept the gift or [X] to delete the request.

Of course, here's the second part that doesn't make any sense. The [X] doesn't do anything. You have to accept the game invite in order to get rid of it.

I no longer allow any of those applications on my profile because they're incredibly annoying.

Well for me once you click the X then it says 'block [game]' or 'ignore all invites from [name]'

Hah, well, you know Facebook.

You'll write comments, and they'll disappear. You'll click on the red notification, and it will stay there for ages. You'll send the IM, and it wont send. etc. etc.

I wish fb would stop showing I have a message when I send a message to someone. :crack:

What is this crap I keep getting when trying to get my notifications. Really.

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Return home

Sicy, there's a chance that some content you were associated with (a picture, status, posting, etc.) was deleted by the person who put it up in the first place...

Er no its my own stuff. Then after a few minutes it becomes available again.

Then it's what I was complaining about before lol. I hate when that happens, it happens with notifications too. You'll get a notification, click the red button, and it will show notifications that you've already seen. Give it 5 minutes, and the new notifications will show up again.

One of my friends just told me that her friend told her that facebook is now showing who viewed your profile?? I dont see this anywhere.. has anyone come across anything like this?

My cousin had an app that was able to do that, but it turned out to be a virus. Otherwise, I haven't seen that option on my profile either.

One of my friends just told me that her friend told her that facebook is now showing who viewed your profile?? I dont see this anywhere.. has anyone come across anything like this?

I can't see FB ever allowing that
they don't want users knowing that the last 3 people that viewed their profile was the user checking themselves out.

:crack: . . . that sentence made me think to hard :grumpy:

I can't see FB ever allowing that
they don't want users knowing that the last 3 people that viewed their profile was the user checking themselves out.

:shh: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom