All Facebook Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.. yeah that's what I meant. Because if you're offline you dont show in the chat list at all.. right?

:shifty:

fixed

blackboard4_1.jpg

:wink:

i hate that my iphone told me i had a notification on a new friendship... and then when i went there it said no comments.

luckily the trusty old computer still showed it. i sighed a sigh of relief, sigh, because how in the hell is a bloke supposed to creep when you get a notification but there's no comment?

I usually use the app but it seems to be even wonkier now on the iphone4. One minute it tells me I have like 20 notifications but when I open it there's none, or vice versa. And the mobile site via safari doesnt work that great for me either. It doesnt give me the latest news feed updates, even if I refresh.

I am writing all of these incidents down on a legal pad.

when I get enough of them I am going to file a class action lawsuit on behalf of 500,000,000 people.

I have come here to ask because I don't know what else to do. I have a problem and I hope somebody can tell me there's an easy fix for it.

How can I stop every little thing I do from coming up on friends' pages as 'Jane Doe commented on Joe Blow's post' and showing just that post in their news feed, though they are not even friends with Joe? I am NOT talking about the regular news feed, I am talking about some special updates some people- but for some reason not all- get on every little petty thing I do on facebook.

See, I have all different kinds of friends from all walks of life, and maybe some things I would say to Joe Blow I might not want Mary Sue to see, understand? Now, if Mary Sue were in the same friends circle with Joe Blow and I she'd naturally see it in the news feed, but to have her not be friends with him yet have my comments to him show up on her page as a special post informing her of every little thing I do and say is ruining the fun of the site for me.

My question- can somebody tell me how to stop this, is there anything in the settings I can do to prevent this?
(FYI this has nothing to do with the little lock at the bottom of the post where you can customize, I know all about that and use it a lot, this is about my comments on others' posts being sent to some ppl's newsfeeds when they wouldn't have naturally appeared there, and nothing but the post and my comment show up.

HELP!?

I dont think you can do anything to stop that. You're saying, if a bunch of people comment on Joe Blows picture then you comment, it lets the people that commented before you know that you also commented. Yeah you cant do anything about that.

No I'm saying the people who are seeing this are not Joe's friends and did not comment in his thread, it just showed up in their news feed because they were my friend. It was not a regular part of the news feed, it just showed up saying "jane commented on joe's post" like they are keeping track of everything I do with my friends who have nothing to do with them. Is there some way I can stop that?

Try going under privacy settings and choose "customize your settings!" There are a bunch of options there.

For the last 2 days, when I scroll down my feed, the youtube videos go all screwy! It is like they leave where they are supposed to be, and move up!:huh:

You pleban you....although I must admit I did have second thoughts after I wrote it! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom