All Facebook Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dislike.jpg

I finally have a Facebook account. All my friends already had one of course. I visit it occassionally but I'm not the biggest fan of these kind of sites. My name is Niels Govaerts (see how inventive my username is :wink:).

please do not repeatedly make the same post in this thread. while you are more than welcome to use this thread to advertise your facebook group, posting it several times (especially in more than one thread) is considered spamming, which is against the rules. thanks :)

sorry but the group changed so i put up the new link .

I'm finally on Facebook! How do I add my name to the original list?

It's cool. I disabled the tag friend thing feature though. I dont see anything wrong with the feature in general. If there were people on my friends list that I didnt feel comfortable knowing where I was, well then they wouldn't be on my friends list. It's pretty much just like foursquare except I prefer foursquare because its more like a game where you can get points and become mayor of places and stuff.

I'm going to Target soon, so I'll see if it works. I was trying to get it to work from my apartment last night and it wouldn't.

40382_10150258819370711_728680710_14508433_3704457_n.jpg

auto face recognition fail. it's been recommending a photo i took of the screen during crazy tonight asking me to tag bono's face, and a mural in nashville asking me to tag a face in that....but this is fkn hilarious.

A local radio station this morning had a discussion about this facebook places. I do not like it at all, again this has to do with your privacy settings. Apparently everyone has this feature enabled and you should change it if you are not interested in broadcasting your whereabouts to every single person.

I had no idea that friends can check you in to places without your consent, which could be dangerous if people are playing jokes on you. Here is a step by step instruction on how to disable this feature: The Bert Show

A local radio station this morning had a discussion about this facebook places. I do not like it at all, again this has to do with your privacy settings. Apparently everyone has this feature enabled and you should change it if you are not interested in broadcasting your whereabouts to every single person.

I had no idea that friends can check you in to places without your consent, which could be dangerous if people are playing jokes on you. Here is a step by step instruction on how to disable this feature: The Bert Show

I'm just curious, I thought you used foursquare.. how is this different? Except for the tagging thing, which I did disable.

does it automatically check you into anything when you're out and about? if not, i guess i'm missing how it's invading one's privacy. it'd be like having foursquare on your phone but never using it. plus i don't believe the ability to let people tag you is enabled by default.

though honestly it seems like a less interesting version of foursquare. at least they have badges which i'm now obsessed with collecting. :reject:

it doesn't do it automatically. you have to check in just like foursquare

the sky is not falling

i want to be mayor of something cool on foursquare :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom