All Facebook Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do adults actually post their relationship status (and then the changes)? It just seems so junior high school to me. I will admit the various changes can be kind of fun to watch in a soap opera-ish kind of way though.... :shifty:

Do adults actually post their relationship status (and then the changes)? It just seems so junior high school to me. I will admit the various changes can be kind of fun to watch in a soap opera-ish kind of way though.... :shifty:

Some do - but I agree with you: it is very jr. high. Or the couples that post eachother declarations of love on the wall. Seriously?! FB is fun to keep in touch with people -especially friends that don't live nearby. But I am not a fan of the ones who post every little detail on their FB page.

I dont. I completely removed the 'relationship' status part that shows on my profile. The whole world doesnt need to know my personal business. I try to keep it all light hearted and dont post much about personal issues (save for cat stuff). But everyone is different. :)

i'm waiting for them to add 'gigolo' to the list of selections

i'm waiting for them to add 'gigolo' to the list of selections

:lol:

I am pretty careful about what I post on there! Some people fight with their family by putting it on their wall and I wonder if they realize that everyone can see it!!!!!

I do list my relationship status, but I have been married forever, so any of my friends know that. :D

i do, but granted it hasn't been changed in over a year, so yeah. however, i do have a friend on facebook who recently made a bunch of fake relationship status changes :rolleyes: what was even worse is this person whined to me a long time ago about people who do that!

i do, but if it changed often i wouldn't waste my time.

besides, there's nothing funnier than going into someone's facebook (when they've left it open on a shared computer) and changing their relationship status.

:up:

I have one friend who constantly does that. It was amusing at one point, but now the frequency almost seems a little sad for various reasons :sad:

it would be more interesting if they had one for 'married, but had/has an affair'

or maybe even:

married, but my bastard/bitch of a spouse is having an affair

That one could be fun. :)

it would be more interesting if they had one for 'married, but had/has an affair'

if only such honesty existed.

I'm amused by the 'real" person..you know-the married one who interacts with family.Yet has several other accounts.

They have the totally private account..complete with fake name and photo.
I suppose that is for free sex chats and declarations of kinky behaviour.

Then there is the third account which combines the two.Username,similar to actual name that most anyone but the spouse would know.Where they could flirt and be semi honest about married life.

I almost forgot! Creating an account in a different language where only a few select people will be able to find you.Like a secret club.

It can be very junior high. I gave up my account when the game playing overshadowed the joy of locating old friends and the other good stuff most of us it for

All of those details were publicly available in the first place... it's like saying that all of Google's public records were posted publicly.

^ :doh:, you are so right . . . after I read the article that MissVelvetDress posted I freaked ( soooo unlike me to :panic: :lol: ) but then I did a google check on my fine self and realised that the only information that shows up is the stuff I have allowed as public content anyway :shrug: . . . so I breathed a little easier :D . . . did some google spying on some of my fb friends too and it is kinda crazy just how much info there really is out there . . . if you a) had time and b) could be bothered . . .:whistle: :evil:

btw . . . could not get near my local Apple store here yesterday to take a peek at the new iPhone 4 . . . gonna try my luck again today :) . . . it was hilarious . . . there was one guy who I walked past in the line when I was on my way to work at 7.45am and I swear he was still in the shopping centre near the store when I left to go home around 4 :coocoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom