Across the Universe LI Meet Up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DID YOU SEE THIS??? :shocked: No chance for me to be there, I will be away.:banghead:

ORIG POSTED BY JAMILA:
09-22-2007 07:13 AM - Bono on MTV (and ONE.org) Next Saturday Night !!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey PLEBA,

I found this info at ONE.org last night and thought for sure somebody might post it here but since no one has - I will.

Bono will be in NYC next weekend to do some activities with Bill Clinton, Alicia Keys and others in an attempt to raise awareness and hopefully increased activism for our movement to make extreme poverty history.

Check this out:

President Bill Clinton, Bono, Chris Rock, Shakira, Alicia Keys — not a bad way to spend your Saturday night. On September 29, ONE will join them and MTV for a special event urging young people to get aware and get active in the work to end extreme poverty.

The star-studded event will take place at the historic Apollo Theatre in New York City as part of the Clinton Global Initiative, a three-day conference overflowing with world leaders, CEOs, celebrities and luminaries hosted by the Clinton Foundation.

Dubbed as “CGI and MTV present: Giving—Live at the Apollo,” the talk between Presdient Clinton, Bono and the stars will be moderated by MTV News and webcast live here on www.one.org, as well as think.mtv.com. A special on the day’s events will be broadcast later on MTV.

The forum will focus on the energy, the idealism and the powerful message young people can give to the movement to lift millions of people out of poverty. The event will feature organizations and initiatives that are empowering young people by giving them the tools and inspiration to change our world.

But there will be more than just talk at the event: Alicia Keys and Shakira will perform live, and ONE plans on making some noise of its own! Come back to ONE.org to check out a live webcast Saturday night to see it all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.one.org/blog/2007/09/21/...#comment-526929

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So keep your eyes and ears open regarding this event - it looks like there may be some more info regarding this event still to come.

Gotta love Bono........

blm said:
DID YOU SEE THIS??? :shocked: No chance for me to be there, I will be away.:banghead:

ORIG POSTED BY JAMILA:
09-22-2007 07:13 AM - Bono on MTV (and ONE.org) Next Saturday Night !!

Wait- just realized, sunday NIGHT, maybe I CAN go, anyone interested???

I'm in. I'm coming with a friend. What time are we meeting? Do you think we should all buy our tixs in advance? I'm thinking of leaving my house at 12:30. What do you all think?

JcC I'll be Pm you my cell phone #.

Ps sorrry we'll miss you, Diane.

Leaving @ 12:30 is good since its sunday and everyone in the universe travels back to the city. I don't think it will a problem buying tickets though since it is a matinee.

Lets meet out in front if there is a sign then stay by the sign. I plan on getting there for about 1:30. Maybe we should all wear something related to U2?

Are you all sure about meeting at 1:30? If this theater is anything like my local theater, new movies sell out very early. I'm leaving here at 12:30 so hopefully I'll be there by 1:10 the latest. I'm also thinking of buying my tix by computer.
I know what JC looks like, but will I recognise her without Bono standing next to her?

kassandra said:
(RED) stuff for me!! Depending on the weather tank or tee! And do you mean the sign in the parking lot or by the entrance?

Entrance. I'll be wearing my Bono glasses, definately.

Last edited:
I saw the movie tonight since I can't make tomorrow. Ehh, I'll leave my opinions for when you all get back.

Have fun :wave:

I posted here late last night, but checking this morning it isn't here. VERY strange. OKAY- by the entrance. I'll be there by 1:15. Hmmm... i am 5'2''. Dark hair, layered, kind of like a shag. I'll have jeans on and a black or white short sleeve shirt(have to see what's in closet!). And either a white or light gray hoodie with me. Can't wait to meet you all.:hyper: :applaud:

I really liked the movie. I don't understand why the critics mentioned there wasn't a story line. Maybe because I lived that era, I understood it completely. Bravo, Julie Taymor.

I got such a kick out of Joe Cocker. How funny was that! ok, no more spoilers.

It was fun to meet Kassandra, Jc and blm. Lets do it again!

Ps Bono's part was tooooo short, but very funny.

Last edited:
Thanks Val, had a great time with you all. It is so good to know there's a group of us that can do things like this together.
About the movie-
I agree, too. I thought the movie was interesting in an artistic and creative way. It was very surreal and busy. Some things were very strange. There definitely was a story. It was a bit long, however, and Bono's part was way way too short. Very cute he is, tho. It definitely ties into todays times oddly enough.

I think it is so cool that you few were able to get together and see the film and spend some time together, all because of Interference and being U2 fans. Isn't it great?!!!

Back
Top Bottom