2U @ McGinty's in Silver Spring Friday 3/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Saw these guys twice, each time with a different singer. They're okay. The first singer couldn't hit the high notes, but looked, spoke & acted just like Bono. The second guy didn't really look or sound like Bono, but he hit the notes. Perhaps he's gotten a few more of the mannerisms down since I saw them months ago....

Anyway, I may or may not go. A friend is trying to organize a group to go, but I haven't decided yet.

We need to think of some way to entice Unforgettable Fire & Headache to come down to DC. Pretty much everyone else sucks once you look at UF's clips on their site. :sigh:

Utoo said:
We need to think of some way to entice Unforgettable Fire & Headache to come down to DC. Pretty much everyone else sucks once you look at UF's clips on their site. :sigh:

after seeing UF, i agree with the need to get them to DC. it was a really good show.

i don't think i can make this -- i actually am in town this weekend (though have tentative plans to see "300") but i don't think i could convince Memphis after seeing UF last saturday night.

but i'm up for a DC gathering at some point. :)

I'm bias cause i work for these guys but i think u2nation sound great. the singer might not really look like Bono but see them live. there clips don't do them justice.. www.u2nation.com ...i have seen alot of these tribute bands look the part but not sound it...

pattip2000 said:
Yea, thanks for the four days notice :madspit:

:madspit: back atchya! It was only 2U. :tsk: Join the "Bring Unforgettable Fire to DC" bandwagon. Email them at ufband@gmail.com. We've got a good dozen or more people pestering them right now. :yes:

An easy way for them to fill up a venue here would be to come down when the IMAX comes out, go to the first or second show of it and pass out flyers to all the people in line. I bet 30-40% or more of the people waiting in line for the very first or second showing of the IMAX would easily go to see a U2 cover band that night or the next.

If you guys pester us enough via our website...who knows? It just might happen. We're always looking for new and interesting venues to play.

Which reminds me....pester your venues to have us!

AndyUF said:
If you guys pester us enough via our website...who knows? It just might happen. We're always looking for new and interesting venues to play.

Which reminds me....pester your venues to have us!

We've got an email crew out to get you, with more emails on the way. :wink:

I'm the guy who sent the email with all those venues. I've got one more to add: Clarendon Ballroom (http://www.clarendonballroom.com/). Great place to do a show. It's a bar with a big floor & balcony...probably the right size, too.

Back
Top Bottom