2008 NYC Interference St. Patrick's Day Gathering - The Return

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Alright, folks, it's that time of year again. And I'm not talking about Christmas. ;)

It's time to start planning (or perhaps for now, get an overall feel for what the interest is) for the NYC St. Patrick's Day Interference Gathering, Part Deux. :flirt:

Since it worked out so well with me, um, overtaking organizational duties last time, I'll be doing it again, and the one and only Headache in a Suitcase has signed on as "Cultural Advisor" (whatever that means, but I'm sure it involves a lot of beer).

Please note, the holiday falls on a Monday this time, and it looks as if the parade is going to be on that Monday instead of the Saturday before, which means the Unforgettable Fire show will be on Saturday the 15th. So it's not going to be an "exact" weekend like Part One was, but it's still sure to be a good time (and just a tip from some of us who attended the '07 festivities - you may want to figure in a bit of extra travel time due to the fact that just because the calendar says it's close to spring doesn't mean the weather's going to comply. :wink: ).

Headache in a Suitcase said:
for anyone who needed official confirmation of the date of the parade...

http://nyc-st-patrick-day-parade.org/upcomingevents.aspx

for anyone who needs official confirmation that UF will be playing saturday night the 15th @ BB King's

http://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/moreinfo.cgi?id=2601

:hi5:

Now, we do roll call!

In:
Headache in a Suitcase aka "Cultural Advisor"
cruzila
Zootlesque
Freefall
unico + 2
dazzledbylight

Maybe's (aka - people, you know you want to go so just book it already):
LarryMullen's_PopAngel
BluRmGrl & Mr. BluRm
kafrun
AngelK
bonosgirl84
BonoManiac
U2girl1978
STFUNo spoken words
Pearl
JCOSTER & MRJC
ZONEY & SCHMEG <------ on the list now, happy? :wink:

Would Be There But They Are 17 & Not In NY:
pfan
LemonMelon

Jealous:
RedrocksU2 :tongue:

Not Invited (Since He Messed Everything Up the Last Time):
Manbearpig

Last edited by a moderator:
Sicy said to come here...and lo and behold...look at what you guys are doing!! Well, uhhh...

"Hi, guys and girls! This was posted in U2.com, but on March the 17th for Saint Patrick's Day...some of us Zootopians will be gathering together to do the parade then get rowdy on the town afterward...do some sightseeing! I am moving back home to NYC in two weeks, and I have been planning this get together. So I would like to extend this get-together to the PLEBAns and Interference members here as well. I mean, hey, we all love U2, right? I am going to find us a place in New York where there is a U2 cover band playing. I had a suggestion as to BB Kings, but I also intend to check out other venues.

If you would like to join us and have some suggestions as to what to do and where to go, please chime in.

My other e-mail is kinswoman_2001@yahoo.com

Looking forward to meeting other U2 fans!"

That's what it was verbatim...so, well, we can make signs and wave at each other??? Or sit together??? :scratch:

Ahhh, what the hay, the Zootopians are coming to New York too!

Factoid #1 - DON'T BUY THE GET IN EARLY TICKETS FOR BB KINGS; THEY DON'T WORK...

Factoid #2 - IF YOU DO BUY THE GET IN EARLY TICKETS, MAKE SURE YOUR ENTIRE PARTY IS IN LINE AT THE SAME TIME SO YOU NEEDN'T TRACK THEM DOWN...

Factoid #3 - IF YOU BUY A RESERVED, GET IN EARLY TICKET, MAKE SURE YOU PAID THE MONEY TO EARN THE RIGHT TO SIT AT SAID BOOTH; OTHERWISE PREPARE TO STAND...THAT IS ALL.

Mr. BAW said:
Factoid #1 - DON'T BUY THE GET IN EARLY TICKETS FOR BB KINGS; THEY DON'T WORK...

Factoid #2 - IF YOU DO BUY THE GET IN EARLY TICKETS, MAKE SURE YOUR ENTIRE PARTY IS IN LINE AT THE SAME TIME SO YOU NEEDN'T TRACK THEM DOWN...

Factoid #3 - IF YOU BUY A RESERVED, GET IN EARLY TICKET, MAKE SURE YOU PAID THE MONEY TO EARN THE RIGHT TO SIT AT SAID BOOTH; OTHERWISE PREPARE TO STAND...THAT IS ALL.

:ohmy: Thanks...I feel like I have been spoken to by the Voice of God. I am taking you very, very seriously! Never been to BB Kings before, but obviously you have, so I appreciate you sharing your experience in this. I don't want to flub it for my fellow U2 fans!

Mr. BAW said:

This is why I prefer GA. :sexywink:

:hmm: Manhattan in March. :love:

I could probably convince Mr. Blu to go for a repeat. :flirt: I'll put the matter up for a vote & let you know in a few days. :hyper:

Mr. BAW said:

Ain't that the feckin' truth! :lmao:

ETA: Factoid #4 - Expect $8 beers :grumpy:

actually st. patrick's day it's self was a fairly nice day. i didn't wear a coat. just a long sleeve shirt under my polo. it was the two days before st. patrick's day that presented the problem... with a semi-major ice and snow storm sweeping through the area and closing the airports. made the day it's self a little messy with melting snow and ice all over the place, but the weather it's self wasn't that bad.

i think in the past 5-6 years or so there were flurries on one other st. patrick's day, but for the most part it's in the high 40s, low 50s.

and 8 dollar beers are at b.b. king's... i think it was 7 something actually, but that's just like any other concert hall type place. once they have ya in and know ya ain't leaving, they've got ya by the short hairs.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and 8 dollar beers are at b.b. king's... i think it was 7 something actually, but that's just like any other concert hall type place. once they have ya in and know ya ain't leaving, they've got ya by the short hairs.

I've only once paid higher than $4.50 for beer here in Halifax, and that was for imports at a Rolling Stones show.

Domestics here are never more than $3.50, even for top quality microbrew.

Even $7.50 US ended up being more than $8 Canadian per beer (then - now it'd be around $7 :D). I mean, I know it's St. Patrick's Day, but I shouldn't have to take out another student loan in order to get drunk. So I didn't get very drunk last year. Being Irish, I felt like my ancestors were kicking my spirit's ass.

If I do end up coming this year, you can be damn sure I'm going to predrink my face off at the hotel before I leave for a bar.

About the beers at concerts - expect to pay between $7-10 easy in any major metropolitan area. I've never paid less than that at any concert I've been to, ever.

As for the weather - I sure as hell needed a coat. :mad: But, then again, I'm delicate and all that. I get cold easily.

And I hadn't been drinking all day like ahem, some people were. :wink:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

This is why I prefer GA. :sexywink:

Uh-oh, someone else who knows! But I'll be doing my scouting for ticks and venues for my tribe soon...very soon. I may do the visit to BB King's and other places. So shall the Zootops and Interference people collide?

DaveC said:

I've only once paid higher than $4.50 for beer here in Halifax, and that was for imports at a Rolling Stones show.

Domestics here are never more than $3.50, even for top quality microbrew.

Even $7.50 US ended up being more than $8 Canadian per beer (then - now it'd be around $7 :D). I mean, I know it's St. Patrick's Day, but I shouldn't have to take out another student loan in order to get drunk. So I didn't get very drunk last year. Being Irish, I felt like my ancestors were kicking my spirit's ass.

If I do end up coming this year, you can be damn sure I'm going to predrink my face off at the hotel before I leave for a bar.

:shrug: welcome to new york.

a pint of guinness at an average bar on an average day will cost somewhere between 5 and 6 dollars. a budweiser? 4 bucks, give or take. supply/demand. it is what it is.

Man, I'd love to go to NYC with everyone, I bet it will be a blast...but count me out. :( To those who go...have fun!!!! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom