With or Without You chapter 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoLover269

The Fly
In the heartland on a street with no name
He couldn’t hear anything over the loud music he played through his earphones on his IPhone. Luckily, Memphis is a large enough city where nobody notices a towering, dark haired teen walking on the street in jeans, a black tee shirt, and a black hoody which he used to hide his face… just in case. He glanced around quickly to make sure nobody had found him or knew who he was. He was too young… too young for the police.

See the stone set in your eyes

See the thorn twist in your side

I wait for you

Eric wasn’t going to let anybody find out. “Run. Act normal. Blend in. Hide. And don’t tell anybody. No one can find out. I’ll take him but you have to go. Now!” The words haunted him again and in his head and the nightmare played over and over again. His face looked like it was everywhere… Eric had never killed anybody before. Why the hell would I do something like that? These words came to his mind every day, every minute, every second.
Brad shouldn’t have died. He never deserved this!

See the stone set in your eyes

See the thorn twist in your side

I wait for you

“Aaryn is the one to blame for this… but I am too,” Eric murmured as he entered a café and got in the back of the extensive line of people in wait for their food. He stopped his heavy metal music and took out his earphones to order. “Hello and welcome. What can we get for you today, sir?” the petite female employee asked. “Uh… the original chicken salad and a Diet Coke and a bottled water.” He took his number and went to sit down to be called up to pay for his food which he hoped to receive soon. “4:30… I’ll meet you there. I will come straight from the airport, make sure you are there and watching. Be careful.” Eric checked his simple, black watch on his tan wrist. 4:35.
“Number 13! 13, number 13!” the short employee called. As Eric was getting up he murmured, “Hurry Aaryn. I need you; I can’t do this without you.”

With or without you

With or without you

As he paid he noticed somebody tall and thin walking towards the café and he instantly thought it was Aaryn. “Keep the change,” he commanded the cashier as he shoved a few bills her way and turned to walk to the tall female with the red converse. “It’s really her.”

Tell me what think and if you want to hear more please. Was it good :up: or bad :down:?

Here's chapter two. The story is basically about Eric is Bono's nephew because Bono had a twin who was put up for adoption and he never knew. Later on his twin, Eric's dad, and his wife died in a car crash so Bono is one the last family conncetions left.
So here it is:

“You’re here,” Eric observed dumbfounded. With a nod and a motion to follow Eric followed Aaryn outside to a quieter, less crowded place where they could talk. Eric couldn’t stop staring in astonishment at his ex-girlfriend and as they sat down on the hot, white chairs covered with moisture from the humidity he repeated, “You’re here.”
“Yup. Eric… I’ve missed you and I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. It was all my fault and now you’re on the run and …”her hands started shaking and her bright green eyes started tearing up as she apologized. Aaryn has never been one to cry or to apologize, she is very stubborn. Eric stopped chewing and swallowed hard, took a sip of his bottled water, and then spoke, “It’s not your fault and don’t say it is. We’ve been apart and we are finally back together. You did all that you could for me and I wasn’t happy but you can’t blame yourself. We met again after I waited for you and you should wait for me to tell you how sorry I am.”
Through the storm we reach the shore
You give it all but I want more
And I'm waiting for you
He grabbed her hands, put them in the middle of the damp silver table, and held them tight. She looked at his icy blue eyes and smiled at Eric. With a sincere smile of remembrance she spoke, “Huh. ‘Member when we would walk together hand in hand? You would say that I had the smallest hand possible for my age.” He smiled because he remembered that, “How could I forget? Nothing and no one could separate us. I even remember what you said your favorite drink is.” She beamed with delight, excitement, and contentment as he handed her the bottled Diet Coke he had purchased earlier. The look of pure bliss covered her face like a mask as she drank the first sips of the still cold soft drink.
“The best part is… is that you remembered,” she said. He noted this in his head. If she’s angry give her Diet Coke and say something about remembering that she loved it. “I haven’t had this in so long…”
With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you
“Aaryn, what are we gonna do? We can’t hide forever.” Aaryn thought about this while drinking her now warm but beloved drink for a while and finally replied, “You’re right we can’t. But we can run and hide for a while. And if you think we should then let’s do it!” she jumped up almost with excitement and grabbed him by the arm. She dragged him into the café where she instructed him throw away the trash and go buy lots of water and food for the road. “You again?” the same young lady asked Eric and with a nod from him she continued, “What can I get for ya?” After pointing out just about everything there was the woman handed him his number and he went and sat back down with Aaryn. “Aaryn, do you have a plan because you seem like you have a plan of some sort.”
“25! Number 25, 25!” the woman yelled over all of the combined noise in the congested café. The couple walked up to the counter and attempted to carry all of their purchases but evidently had two employees aid them in their transportation. “What do you need all this for anyway?” asked one curious male employee. Aaryn replied with the best answer she could think of on the spot, “We are running away together because we did and are gonna do something bad. So thanks and bye!” Eric’s jaw dropped, “You gave us away!” he yelled as he ran toward her old beat up van.
And you give yourself away
And you give
And you give
After driving for five hours without stopping the couple stopped at a gas station and tried to load up on even more goodies and take care of any other business that needed to be taken care of. “Okay, let’s get some more to drink and some chips and M&M’s for the road. I’ll get the chips and M&M’s and, Aaryn, will you go get some stuff to drink like water and Coke?” Eric recommended after meeting up with Aaryn after they had both completed their business. She nodded and they split up to complete the rest of their gas station task alone with their thoughts.
“Cheetos, Lay’s, M&M’s, Hershey’s dark chocolate, Twizzler’s… okay that sounds about right,” Eric mumbled to himself while browsing and picking out chips and candies. After picking out almost half the junk food stalked up Eric was worried about how it would be on the road when all this candy finally came back out. Shrugging it off, he went and found his partner in the middle of a decision between Lemonade or Sweet Tea. “Just take ‘em both, we need to get outta here fast,” Eric interrupted, making Aaryn jump. “Just a minute…” she protested. He sighed and grabbed a PowerAde and they turned and together started making their way to the counter.
Deafening gunshots suddenly sounded and soon were followed by the sound of shattering glass and screaming from the few other customers in the Shell gas station. Dropping their items everywhere, Aaryn and Eric ran behind the counter, crawled under it, and hid. They both looked at and watched their terrorists with curiosity and fear through a miniature crack in the counter. There were four tall muscular men dressed in black pants, combat boots, a sleeveless shirt which showed off their beefy arms, and to complete it all a black ski mask.

Is there a fanfiction seminar somewhere? The last three fics by three different authors have a very similar feel.

Is there a fanfiction seminar somewhere? The last three fics by three different authors have a very similar feel.
I don't know. I thought of this while making hot chocolate before reading any fanfictions. Do you like it, though? Here is chapter three:

“Keep calm and keep your heads down! Don’t try anything,” the biggest man commanded in a loud, booming voice. He had an accent, it sounded Irish.
“Faces to the ground and hands on your back where we can see them,” yelled the smallest man who also had an Irish accent and who concluded his order with a few gunshots to the roof, making everyone jump including the other men.
After a few screams, the big man sent the two men who had remained quiet to walk around and keep everybody from doing anything that might ruin their plans. “George, David! Go walk around and make sure that nobody moves, talks, or is hiding,” he then turned to the smaller man who had shot the gun, “What are you doin’? Bono told us to come in, get the teens, take them to our meeting spot, and dump ‘em with him. He said to cause as little terror as we could and we might get a raise but if we didn’t we could lose our jobs. We can’t go back to the streets, Billy! “shouted the big man with obvious hints of rage and fear in his voice.
Billy whispered in a calm tone in response, “Steven, we’ll be fine. Don’t worry about it.”
Steven nodded and answered, “Let’s get the kids and get them to Bono, leave, get paid, and try to find another job to help us get paid on a regular basis. “ With a nod of agreement from Billy he bellowed to his other men,” Right! Find the kids and bring ‘em ‘round back. They’re leaving soon and need time to move their instruments to make room for these guys.”
Aaryn and Eric knew that they were the only people that age in the gas station which made them both give each other a nervous look. “Bono… it can’t be…” Aaryn muttered to herself which caused Eric to look at her and put his finger to his lips in hope to quiet her so they wouldn’t be noticed.
“George, come here. I heard voices from under the counter,” the man called David said, making Eric and Aaryn close their eyes, grab each other’s hand and take a deep breath.
“There they are!” shouted Billy as he ran towards where the fearful couple was hiding.
He tried to grab Aaryn but Eric jumped up and punched him in the face causing him to let go of Aaryn and making her run away but into the arms of George. That move earned Eric a few punches of his own a kick in the shin which was hard enough to start bruising already and a rope tying his hands together. Aaryn was screaming at the top of her lungs the whole time and finally she got a slap in the face from David to quiet her down which only made her screech louder.
“You bastards! He’s already bruising. What the hell do you want?!?”she continued and then finally let out earsplitting loud screams to try and get help which rewarded her with a gaged mouth.
My hands are tied
My body bruised, she's got me with
Nothing to win and
Nothing left to lose
The four men went to work; Steven and David went around the back of the gas station and opened up their van and George and Billy practically dragged Eric and Aaryn to the van and shoved them in before going back in to the gas station and telling the terrified employees and customers not to worry and that the two teens would not be hurt. With that, the four mysterious men left the gas station and returned to the van where they blindfolded their hostages and finally started driving to their destination to meet Bono.
“Aaryn, we need to get out of here fast,” Eric whispered in a frightened voice after an hour and a half of driving. By then Aaryn had pulled her gag down enough so she could talk.
“Eric, don’t worry. If this is Bono Hewson, and it seems like it is, then the only thing you’ll have to worry about is me fanning out about him and fainting,” she responded in a soothing voice, trying to calm him down.
“Bono Hewson? What kind of a name is that?” he responded quietly.
She gasped and her eyes suddenly got as big as saucers,” He is the lead singer for U2 of course!”
“YouTube?”
She closed her eyes and took a deep breathe,” U2, the band I love. They wrote I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, Electrical Storm, Beautiful Day, Vertigo…?”
“Quiet back there!” yelled Billy as he turned a sharp corner to warn them.
And you give
And you give
She rolled her eyes and they began quietly making plans for escaping.

Back
Top Bottom