While My Guitar Gently Weeps Chapter 1: Where The Streets Have No Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnnaSunset

Babyface
You know that feeling like you're going downhill in a car and the brakes had failed and all you can do is pick up speed and hope that your seat belt works?
Well, Kristen Alexander did.

She used to divide the world coolly into black or white, no grays or middle ground. Her career was everything she had hoped it would be. All that struggle had been worth it...

That was what she kept telling herself as she stepped off the plane into the connecting corridor that would lead her into the heart of Dublin International Airport.

As she walked from the terminal to the baggage claim area she wrestled with an irrepressible case of the jitters. Then the jitters escalated into a full-blown panic attack. She was in Ireland, for Christ's sake.

All because the band wanted to record their next album in their home land.

That's where she came in. At 21, she was already an assistant at the biggest record label in Los Angeles.

She loved music more than anything, but it wasn't always easy working with rock stars (an alarming combination of big bank accounts and bigger egos). Especially if you were a woman. And she feared this time would be no different.

She wasn't exactly a fan. Her favourite artists were the Stones, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen, Janis Joplin and the Clash.
"You're a dark one," her best friend said sometimes with amused wonder. "You're a mystery."

Her chin held an almost arrogant tilt, but inside, she was terrified.
It was September of 1986 and she was on her way to meet with a band she knew nothing about. Except one thing. The singer's name was Bono.

Author's notes: Ok, I know this was kind of short but bear with me. Reviews are much appreciated, just no flames!:D

two things...

you need to post the next one asap!!!!

This is really good....although really short!

and the other thing is I'm pretty sure that you have to put a disclaimer on the top of it....someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

more...soon!

Please go on.
1986 -- a very good year.
Don't worry, we don't bite.. we're easy to please. :wink:
and we can never, ever have enough bono fics. :D

Back
Top Bottom