When Love Comes to Town - Chapter One : A Larry FanFic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One_Acrobat

The Fly
In my own little heaven with Larry Mullen ♥
Hey everyone,
this is the first chapter of my new Larry FF. It’s pretty rough, I know but I was too eager to hold off posting it. It’s pretty short and probably not too interesting but I swear it’ll get better! :D
Thank you so much to anyone who is reading this...
One_Acrobat

This is purely fictional!

When Love Comes to Town – A Larry Fan Fiction story

1984 :

Introduction:

I let out a huge sigh as I looked at the townhouse in front of me. Was this really what I wanted to do? Was I sure that moving to Montreal was the best decision for me? To be honest, I wasn’t. All I knew was that I needed a change. I needed something different. This might not be it but I wouldn’t know if I didn’t try.

Chapter One:
I shivered and started buttoning up my winter jacket. I never would have thought that winters in Montreal were so brutal. The cold wind pierced my skin as I turned left and walked down the street, dodging the throngs of tourists running to make their restaurant reservations. I stopped walking and looked up. “Les Trois Seigneurs”. This was the bar that everyone was telling me about. Supposedly it served good drinks dirt cheap. This happened to be a word that I favoured considering I was a struggling, currently unemployed photographer. At 22 years old, people weren’t exactly jumping out of their seat to hire me. I walked over to the other side of the bar where it was less crowded.
“1 Heineken!” I called over to the bartender as I peeled off my heavy winter layers, taking in my surroundings. It was a pretty standard bar: dark, filled with people and alcohol. The bartender came over with my Heineken and broke my bubble.
“What’s in the bag?” he inquired. “Hmmm sorry?” I mumbled back. “I asked you what was in your bag.” He repeated. “Oh, these...” I said, peering into the bag myself. “Just a few LPs.” I told him, handing him the bag. “U2 huh? Not bad.” He smirked, handing the LPs back to me. He popped the cap off my beer and walked away to help a customer at the other end of the bar. All of a sudden the bar’s loud chatter went dead. I looked up from the LPs in my lap to see what had happened. U2 had just walked in.

I was so shocked that I dropped my LPs in spite of it. So many questions ran through my mind. “What are they doing here?”, “Are the coming over here?”, “Is this my imagination playing tricks on me?” I just stood there, too surprised to speak as the four of them made their way over to the bar not too far from my seat. I had always had a crush on Bono but now, looking over at them, it was actually Larry who caught my eye. There was just something very attractive about him. Something that Bono didn’t have. I couldn’t quite figure it out but there was something there. As if reading my mind, Larry turned his head towards me. I quickly spun around, knocking my beer over in the process. Crap! This was exactly the kind of thing that happened in movies or in books. Things that you read about not things that you actually live! The bartender rushed over with a pack of napkins just as the four members of my favourite band whipped their heads around and stared at me. By that time, I was on my hands and knees wiping some of the beer on the floor before it left a sticky texture.
“Here, let me help.” I didn’t dare look up to see who this person could possibly be. I just wordlessly let them help me. The less time I spent on the floor, wiping beer the better. I spent the next 5 or so minutes wiping the last of the beer off the stool and the counter. I didn’t look up until I was sure that whoever was helping me out was walking away. I slowly lifted my gaze only to see that the person just happened to be Larry. I’m sure the fact that I spilled beer everywhere was a real turn on. I sat down on the bar stool furthest from U2 and covered my face with my hands. I was mortified. This wasn’t how I planned meeting U2, if you could call that. I called the bartender over again. I needed something stronger. Beer just wasn’t doing it for me.
“Could I have a shot of tequila please?” I requested. Alcohol wouldn’t solve my problems but it would help soften them. At least for the time being. I turned over my LPs, making sure that no beer had gotten on them.
“Is that U2? I hear they’re a pretty good band” said a voice from behind me. “Yeah, they really are” I answered, turning around on my stool. My jaw dropped. The mystery person happened to be the Edge standing there with a smug smile on his face. “Are you a fan?” “A huge fan... Huge!” I blurted out. He laughed and looked at the shot in front of me. “Tough day?” he asked. “You have no idea”. “I saw you looking at Larry earlier,” he said “are you interested in him?” “Err... no” I lied. “I should get back” he said “it was nice meeting you” “You too!” I practically yelled, silently watching him walk back.
“What just happened there?” I said to myself. The bartender abruptly walked up to me holding another Heineken. I watched him place the bottle in front of me with a napkin. “Excuse me, I didn’t order this” I told him. “I know you didn’t. He did.” I followed his gaze and nearly fell off my stool. Larry? Larry Mullen Jr. Just bought me a beer? The bartender gave me a small smile and walked away.

It wasn’t until I looked down that I realized there was a message scrawled across the napkin in a boyish script. “To replace the one you spilled – Larry” I read. I jerked my head up and turned to face his general direction. He looked up from his beer and gave me a shy smile and a small wave. I couldn’t believe it. Was he interested in ME? I flipped the napkin over and hastily wrote “Want to talk? – Elena” I tossed my long, brown hair over my shoulder and gave the bartender his instructions. I then picked up my bag and made my way over to an empty table in the corner, silently praying that he would come meet me.

Holy moly do my eyes deceive me???? A LARRY FIC?!?! HELL.YES! I think we've all been waiting for a Larry story! This is fantastic news! I, myself, find it a difficult task to write about Larry. But you are off to a terrific start!!!! I actually yelled out "you're stopping there?! You can't DO THAT!" Lol!! Thank you so much for sharing! I am impatiently waiting for chapter 2!

Wow thank you so much to everyone!! I didn't think I was going to get such a warm reception ! :D Now I'm having a bit of trouble writing the 2 chapter but I promise it'll be up soon :)

LoveandLogic: why thank you :) I'm actually reading Adrift right now and I absolutely love it! You're a terrific writer ... read 14 chapters today :) :heart:

Awww, shucks, ladies. You're all so nice and making me blush and such. :love: lol! But they are right, reading other FF's help a lot. Or even watching a DVD set in that time frame. And I'm glad you enjoyed Adrift! :hug: I can't wait for chapter two!!!!! Please post as soon as you can!:hyper::hyper:

Wow thank you so much to everyone!! I didn't think I was going to get such a warm reception ! :D Now I'm having a bit of trouble writing the 2 chapter but I promise it'll be up soon :)

LoveandLogic: why thank you :) I'm actually reading Adrift right now and I absolutely love it! You're a terrific writer ... read 14 chapters today :) :heart:

:heart: Thank you so much! And 14 chapters? Wow! :reject: :D :hug:

Awww, shucks, ladies. You're all so nice and making me blush and such. :love: lol! But they are right, reading other FF's help a lot. Or even watching a DVD set in that time frame. And I'm glad you enjoyed Adrift! :hug: I can't wait for chapter two!!!!! Please post as soon as you can!:hyper::hyper:

Agreed! I need some more inspiration for myself :wink:

Was that towards me as well? Because I know how you feel. Whenever I'm writing, especially in first person, I just kind of freeze and give up for a bit because I always feel like I'm repeating myself. I get very self conscience and frustrated. But once I post something and I get good reviews, it really helps. If you get stuck or you feel as if something isn't good enough, take a break, watch a movie or read a chapter of a book to get motivated. Oddly enough a lot of my motivation happens when I'm in the shower because I'm relaxed and there are no distractions so all I think about is my creative side. Once I get out of the shower it's like...writing central for me. :lol:

That's really about the only advice I can give. But whenever you feel like something isn't good enough, it's usually just you being a little self conscience, especially when you know that other people are reading it. That's really nerve racking but we will enjoy whatever you come up with. Have fun with it! It's FF! It's YOU with U2! :sexywink::D

Hope that helped. And if you want to PM me as well, go right ahead and I will help as best I can.

Back
Top Bottom