Upcoming project...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WithoutSpeaking

Acrobat
Just a quick post to reveal that GraceRyan and I are currently working on a two-writer multi-chapter project (a la Lost Highway).

Grace asked if I would like to write with her on a project that she shelved about 10 years ago and I jumped at the chance.

Plot and setting?

Set in WWII, starring our four favourite lads. Very AU (also a la Lost Highway) but it's starting out quite well.

The title?

Seconds

This is where I start to scold Without Speaking from keeping Ms Ryan from her other unfinished stories. :tsk:

:wink:

This is where I start to scold Without Speaking from keeping Ms Ryan from her other unfinished stories. :tsk:

:wink:

Heh heh - I know. I'm bad for not finishing some of them but I still intend on getting there, especially with EYKIW. I sometimes need to switch gears when I become uninspired with certain stories. But I haven't completely abandoned them - not like SOA... :lol:

Hmmmm :) sounds interesting. And the fact that it's WWII means there's no chance I'll confuse it with other stories.

So, we are still working on Seconds of course, but we have three (maybe 4?) MORE stories in the hopper as well.

In God's Country
Another multi-chapter Bono/Edge... set in small town Texas in the late-80s - Paul Hewson arrives on a mission as a preacher (yes, you read that right) and meets Dave Evans, formerly a brilliant blues musician who ends up falling hard for the bottle... and the town reverends' daughter. Her sister knows that her father would never approve, but she already has her sights set on the new preacher, so who is she to argue?

Untitled
(working title Three Sunrises)
Set in Victorian England during the Industrial Revolution, 17-year-old David Evans travels from Dublin to Manchester to work in a cotton mill to keep his mother from going hungry back home. His friendship with fellow Dubliner Paul Hewson gets him through the terrible working conditions at the mill. Living in the slums, he can't understand why the mill-owner's daughter takes such a liking to a poor Irishman like him...

Heart Of Glass
Late 70s U2 pre-fame baby goodness. I'll let GraceRyan tell you more about that one....

Someone is reading the backs of bodice rippers. Yes, WOS has been feeding me methamphetamine to keep me working around the clock.

Okay, I'm not sure I can eloquently describe Heart of Glass like she has done:

1979 Dublin - U2 are getting ready to record their first album and tour Europe. Edge's little sister Alex has returned home from boarding school to finish her final year at Mount Temple. Unfortunately for Edge, Alex has changed a lot and his best mate Bono has noticed. Meanwhile, Alex has befriended a foreigner, Cathryn, who has caught Edge's eye - much to the dismay of his steady girlfriend....

Yeah, this one needs some work....

Someone is reading the backs of bodice rippers. Yes, WOS has been feeding me methamphetamine to keep me working around the clock.

Okay, I'm not sure I can eloquently describe Heart of Glass like she has done:

1979 Dublin - U2 are getting ready to record their first album and tour Europe. Edge's little sister Alex has returned home from boarding school to finish her final year at Mount Temple. Unfortunately for Edge, Alex has changed a lot and his best mate Bono has noticed. Meanwhile, Alex has befriended a foreigner, Cathryn, who has caught Edge's eye - much to the dismay of his steady girlfriend....

Yeah, this one needs some work....

LOL... no, that makes it sound awesome :p

I was going for the 'back of the romance novel' descriptions - glad they read like that. :lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom