Two Racquets Swing As One - The Shuttlecock Chronicles: Introduction And Prologue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Tonight, it occurred to me that the times are changing. And as the times change, we change with it. Certain things remain relevant forever (U2, love, a shot of whiskey on a cold night), while others burn out quickly (Coldplay, Amy Winehouse, HTDAAB). As you may or may not know, I have dabbled in cartooning a bit in my time. I met some new people, went around the world, had my pick of any girl, but, while you may think I would be happy, I am not. Cartooning is a hard game, where only the strong survive. I have found that, in spite of all my power and fame, I am cold and isolated. I might as well just be managing U2 or something.

So, in order to reconnect with humanity, I'm tearing down the wall, and formally resigning from cartooning FOREVAR. I have realized that we are all one :heart::bono::edge::adam::larry::heart: and I am embracing this revelation from this day forward. But it is also a professional choice; after all, becoming a PLEBAn is a career move.

As is only fitting, I will now dream it all up again, and take my place among all the other satellites. It begins here and now, with an epic tale of a fantastic rock band, their music, and how they reconcile their feelings for the emerging sport of badminton.

---------------------------------------------------

Two Racquets Swing As One - The Shuttlecock Chronicles

Prologue

All my life, I have sought to balance pleasure and the rewarding but frustrating grind of being in a rock n' roll band. Should I seek to find my purpose through pleasure? Judge a man by his fruit. The Grammys have proven to be a very reliable barometer. ---Bono

Shut the fuck up, Bono. Play me an E chord. ---Edge

Uhh...wait...that's...a guitar doesn't go up that high, does it? ---Bono

In music, it is very easy to get wrapped up in the 4-star reviews and wraparound shades. The following story is both a cautionary tale, and one of great joy. U2, with all the power in the world, lacked a muse. But now, it has been found.

One racquet
One swing
When there's one birdie
Waiting in the wings

TO BE CONTINUED.

I tried the Book Antiqua, but I could barely read it. Let me try the Comic Sans.

EDIT: OK, I'm sticking with Comic Sans. Now I'm looking sharp.

"Bono" looks like "Bana". Awesome.

eric_bana_narrowweb__300x527,0.jpg

Eric...Bono ?

I don't know, ElMel. I'm already questioning your characterizations. And where's the dramatic tension?

Plus, needs more cocks.

Actually, no. I was rooting for a cockfight of the chicken kind. I think that would play well into U2's lyrics, thematically.

Back
Top Bottom