To readers of "Dancing With The Devil"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueSilkenSky

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi y'all!
I was working on a few chapters on my little red laptop, blissfully writing away. The next day the laptop had the blue screen (of death) and those chapters may never see the light. I demanded it be fixed, but not before extracting my writing from my account, if there's a way to do it. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for it to come back from the professionals and when it does, they might ave wiped the memory. I won't only have lost my pot-bellied pictures folders and my iTunes library, but every single chapter of DWTD that I've ever written, including the ones that I was preparing to post soon. This is why it's imporant to back up...
So just a warning- the next chapters are going to come really late, either way- the computer won't be returned for a while, and I will have to rewrite everything if I lost it. I'm thanking you in advance for your patience!

I'm sorry about your sick HD. That sucks. It happened to me a few times which is why I back up my stuff up now.

Oh, that's no fun :( I hope the files are still there...I had a similar problem once, just Word crashing instead cause I was on a screwy computer, and it seriously sucks to rewrite stuff...

Yes,it does suck to rewrite stuff- I would get frustratd cause I know I've written it a cetain way beore, and it's not the same.
We still haven't gotten any news on how the computer's doing, and I'm now scared that I won't be able to upload my new CDs to iTunes! :angry: Silly me...

They recovered my writing today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: happydance:
Which means that as soon as I convert it back from a .wps file to a .docx, I'll begin revising the next chapter.

Back
Top Bottom