The Endless Deep Chapter 8 (5/4/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl43

Refugee
Hi all:wave: This is the EDITED verision of Chapter 8.

If you'd like the UNEDITED version PM or list your e-mail. I'll get it out to you.

I think I already sent it out to people on my list---if I missed you I'm sorry--drop me a line and I'll get it out to you.

FICTION! FICTION! FICTION!! did I say Fiction?

Chapter 8

It was my last full day in Miami, and my heart was heavy at the thought of leaving Bono. My mind raced thinking about returning to Africa. I knew that I would be going to a relatively safe country, but I felt some panic deep inside me that I did not know was there before. I kept busy by packing my things while Bono spent the morning in meetings.

Later in the afternoon I stood on the veranda with my camera. The sun was dipping lower, the light becoming golden. I squeezed off a few shots. Bono came out with a bottle of champagne, “One last one for the road?” he said.
“Sure.” I said with a heavy sigh. He noticed my camera and whistled. “Wow, nice set up” he said. “May I?” he asked taking it from my hands. He pointed the lens at me and I threw up my hands. “Oh God, please no!” I said as he took a few shots. I grabbed it back, and aimed the lens at him. He was wearing his straw cowboy hat; he looked out over the balcony, hands over the rail. I clicked the shutter. He turned around and faced me looking straight at the lens. I took a few more. It was so amazing to take his photo. He needed no direction; he had posed for the best and learned from them.

“Come here.” He said as he went to sit down. He motioned for me to sit on his lap. He took the camera and held it out as we both looked into the lens. We looked at the photo, it was slightly off center, but otherwise it was a cute picture.

“Another.” He said keeping me on his lap. He held it out again, this time turning to kiss my forehead. It was a good shot; honest and tender.

“I have another idea.” He said.

“What’s that?” I asked. He nudged me off of his lap.

“Put on my favorite dress.” He said leading me inside the house.

“It’s going to be a while till we see each other.” I said.

“Well,” he replied “When you come back from Africa, we can have our big debut. Will you be ready for that?”

I smiled, “Honestly? I have no idea, but if I’m with you I’ll be OK.”

It was the truth, it was at that moment that I decided to say good-bye to normal, it was never really a part of my life anyway.

In the morning, my bags were packed. I gave Bono my e-mail address and put the photos in a folder on his laptop. We left through the courtyard and stopped, waiting for Tom to pull the car around. He held my hand.

“I’ll miss you.” I said softly.

He kissed the back of my hand, “Think of it this way,” he said “absence makes the heart grow fonder.”

I made a frown, “Yeah, I’ve heard that, but it doesn’t make it any easier though.”

I heard the car coming down the drive. We hugged; I could hear his heart beating. He pulled away and put my hand on his heart. “Thank You.” He said. Tom put my bags into the car. Bono kissed my forehead and lips.

“I’ll see you soon, Ansleigh.” He said into my ear, always like a secret, always true.

:drool: Wow. just wow.
They are getting along very well. heh.

She's just leaving and I hope she returns soon.. or will he go to Africa?
They can't be apart for long! :hyper:
keep it going... :reject:

Back
Top Bottom