The Endless Deep Chapter 20 FINAL CHAPTER (6/22/09) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > Fan Fiction
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 12:55 PM
The Endless Deep Chapter 20 FINAL CHAPTER (6/22/09)

I just want to thank everyone for being so kind to this Fan Fiction Newbie. I had a blast doing this. You are all great.

Special thanks to 2orangecats, my partner in U2 crime! and B2--nuff said.

Oh--and if you read this at a later date and want any PM'd chapters at a later time, please do--I'm happy to share!!!

now on with the show..............FICTION!!!!!!!FICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 20

June, seven months later.

It was a beautiful day for a wedding. My wedding. The afternoon blazed with brilliant sun and warm temperatures. The lilacs and peonies were open in their full glory. The grounds of Uncle Paul’s house manicured within an inch of its life. I looked out of my bedroom window at the large white tents erected in the backyard.

I had spent the past seven months wearing a trail in the sky from Chicago to Dublin. After the wedding I was moving to Dublin to find a house for us to live in, to work on my book of photos and to set up a new foundation. Bono was back in the studio with his mates. Edge, Adam and Larry were here. Edge was Bono’s best man, this go round, supporting his friend as Bono had done for him. Adam and I became fast friends over our mutual interest in art and photography; I wanted him so badly to have a cool girlfriend so we could all hang out. Larry was just warming up to me. I think he felt hurt by what had happened in Bono’s past, as if perhaps the same fate might befall his relationship

I was getting used to the camera flashes and the media. We did a feature for Vanity Fair. Everything was not perfect however, his girls, were no longer speaking to him, upset with his relationship with me. It did not help they were in a fast, partying crowd. The paparazzi were far more interested in ‘Bono’s Party girls’, than they were in me. But today was a happy day and Uncle Paul, was excited in his own, Uncle Paul way, to have the wedding here for family and close friends.

Margot and I scurried down to the grounds in our white track suits to peek in at the activity in the tents. I wanted white lights that twinkled like stars and paper lanterns that hung like the moon, and of course a mirror ball. I smiled surveying the busy scene. Margot looked at her i-phone. “You gotta get dressed!” she barked.

We ran back to the house up to my suite and Margot helped me into my dress. It was an empire’ waisted dress with a bodice adorned with sparkling crystals, under the layer of lace studded with more sparkles was a layer of silk. I wore my hair long, half pulled back with the veil attached to a small diamond crown. My shoes, although hidden by the long dress were my favorite part; the lightest blue silk heels with satin ribbons that tied around my ankles.

I looked in the mirror and smiled as Margot buzzed about. It was time. The long line of black Chevy Suburban’s had arrived to wisk us to St. James Episcopal Cathedral. Uncle Paul and Rose went in one car, Margot and I in another. I looked at her, my calm façade fading. I looked nervously out the window, “I hope he’s not on Bono time today.” I said. Margot took my hand, “I think that’s, like a joke, you know. I think it never really happens.” She continued “Plus he’s with Edge, it’s his job to get him there.”

I nodded blankly, staring out the window. Soon the cars rounded the corner and I saw that the Chicago Police Department had a portion of the street blocked off and a crowd of curious on-lookers had gathered. I also saw some of U2’s security detail securing the area. I moaned softly, to no one in particular.

“I should have known word have gotten out.” I sighed. They had the crowd far enough away.

“Wow, you’re like Princess Di.” Margot said.

I rolled my eyes at her, “Could you have picked a worse example?” I scolded.

“Oh, sorry. I meant that she was a beautiful bride. Not the husband having the affair part or dying in a car crash thing.” Margot explained.

“Margot?” I said.

“Yes?” she replied.

“Please shut up.” I said as sweetly as possible. The cars stopped in front of the church, Margot handed the bridal bouquet to me and grabbed hers. Tom opened the door. He was smiling brightly as he held out his hand. I took it and he helped me out.

“You look stunning, Ms. Fisher.” He said.

I turned to him, “Tom, that’s the last time I’m going to hear you say that.” I hugged him. “Please call me Ansleigh.” He squeezed my hand and motioned with his eyes towards the church, “Boss is inside.” I was very relieved to hear that.

Margot fluttered around me, like a busy butterfly. I looked out across the street where the curious had gathered and waved my hand, a small cheer rose from the crowd. Margot and I entered the church vestibule, my eyes adjusting from the bright afternoon light. I peered down the long aisle. He was standing there, at the end of the aisle, by the alter, the Edge next to him. He was wearing his rock star tux, black shawl collar jacket, black shirt and no tie. He looked more like a nervous groom, than I had expected. He was then one who usually had all eyes on him. My Uncle Paul came to my side and took my hand, as the final preps were made.

“Ansleigh”, He said quietly “I just wanted to tell you that you’ve made me so proud and I couldn’t be happier to call you my own. I think there are many angels in heaven smiling today.” I looked at him gulping hard, surprised to hear this reserved man saying such words. I didn’t want to cry, not just yet.
“Uncle Paul, I love you. Thank you for your faith in me. Now please, you’re going to make me cry.” I smiled holding back tears.

Margot took her place, “Remember,” I said in a loud whisper “it’s not a sprint to the end. Go slow.” The wedding processional started and I watched Margot take small measured steps. When she got to her mark, Uncle Paul and I followed my arm in his.

“Here we go.” I smiled. Bono looked very serious for a moment, and then broke into his crooked grin as he saw me for the first time in my dress. As we walked down the aisle I saw Aunt Bebe and Bounty, smiling. Luke, giving me the thumbs up and Rose in the first pew grinning, waiting for my Uncle. I looked at Adam and he winked, and I think even Larry managed to crack a smile.

We made it to the end, and Uncle Paul shook Bono’s hand, “Please take care of my daughter.” He said as he put Bono’s hand on mine. Bono’s eyes were serious. “I will.” He said.

And then before the pastor could start, Bono leaned into my ear. I could feel his stubble on my bare skin, his warm breath. He smelled of warm, exotic spices. He whispered in my ear, sharing a secret. I felt the words rush past my ear.

And I smiled, because they were true.

partygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
blm
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:55 PM

I can honestly picture him this way. What a thrilling little fantasy.
....and they lived happily ever after......*THUD* NOW THAT's the Cinderella story I WANT!!

Please tell us when you write another fic - if there is one!!!!!

blm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

How lovely and romantic...this was a wonderful story!
secretly alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
Professional Insomniac

Location: If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I'm not. I'm in New Brunswick.
Local Time: 02:55 PM
This was such a beautiful ending to a wonderful story.

now..write another one!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
dianepm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:55 PM
awwww...thanks PG43!
beautiful (wedding) day

thanks for writing this!

cheers to Bono and Ansleigh
2orangecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Thankyou!! I hope you pick up writing once in a while again. Your very good.
domo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 03:55 AM
What a lovely ending! thankyou
philly80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #8
Acrobat

I liked this story, sad to see it end. Would there be a sequel to this story? Just curious.
Bono'sLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
Acrobat

sequel?
2orangecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2orangecats View Post
sequel?
i like it.
ali26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2orangecats View Post
sequel?
I think I like this ending, the happliy ever after.....

there's a new story out there, gotta find the muse...
partygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #12
The Fly

I love it how, the one time i don't check the forum for a week, you finish the story!!!

I LOVED the story though! What a perfect ending!!
flowerchildH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:10 AM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Local Time: 09:55 AM
*snif* It was LOVELY!!*snif*

And Do please write again
BonoFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #14
Refugee

ack! I was late for the wedding!

...but this was adorable!

please write soon again
onekea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:56 AM   #15
Refugee

I loved what I could read of this, and I was wondering if it was too late to have the pm'd chapeters pm'ed to me?
thanks x
popmartlemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Aww, such a great end to a great story... Could really picture it all

Hope you will write more in the future, so please keep up the good work!
JanuaryStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #17
Babyface

i just re-read this and hope there is more to come
eyedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:35 AM   #18
Babyface

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Loved this story!!! Please write again!!! Would it be too much to ask for the missing chapters pm'ed to me?

Thanks
steiner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #19
Refugee

Oh man this was AMAZING! You had me sucked in from the first sentence! No lie! Wonderful characters, wonderful story line/detail ((even though I didn't get to read the "naughty" parts. If you want to PM them to me that would be cool)) I really enjoyed this and it inspired me to start writing fan fiction again! Thank you for the wonderful story!

LoveandLogic is offline   Reply With Quote