Stranger In A Strange Land: Chapter 13 Pt 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

secretly alone

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
There is another piece to this chapter which I haven't quite finished, and also must be PMed. I don't have time to send them now anyway, so hopefully I will have it sent out by tomorrow :D

~Fiiiiiiccccttttiooonnn~

I was excited, and pretty sure that Bono didn't know about the 'party'. As we were getting dressed, the phone rang. I moved like lightning to pick it up. It was Adam.
"Hello?"
"Ok Lilly, we're here. When are you leaving?"
"Ok, thanks. Ten minutes, that's fine."
He snorted with laughter and hung up. "Who was that?" "Oh, it was the front desk, saying they were going to send up more towels soon." Yeah, because that wasn't a lame answer. "But...we didn't ask for more towels." I laughed. "Yeah well I didn't tell them that. We could use them." He looked gorgeous. He was wearing black pants and a white button down shirt, with a dark burgundy colored jacket and black boots that came about halfway up his calves. They made a sort of thud-jangle sound when he walked. He motioned to his clothes. "I don't know if this is ok..." I grabbed the lapel of his jacket and kissed him. "You look sexy." That made him giggle uncontrollably, and we almost forgot about the cab.

I asked the driver to go wherever was a nice place, as he was familiar with the city. Of course, I had given him directions as to exactly where to go earlier. Bono still seemed slightly baffled, and kept asking me where we were going. "Baby, I don't KNOW...I just asked the driver to-" "Oh, yeah. Sorry...don't yell at me on my birthday!" And he smirked. The car stopped, and the driver turned in his seat. "Well, this is a very nice little club. It has a friendly atmosphere, with none of that bullshit, y'know?" I paid him, after having to slap Bono's hand, and we got out. He looked a little wary. "I've never been to a club before. You better not walk away from me in here, Lilly." And he gripped my hand tightly. "Baby, don't worry. Come on!"

It was dark inside. I made eye contact with the man by the door, and he discreetly jerked his head towards the back of the room. It was weird. I felt like someone at a celebrity's VIP party rather than a kid who'd asked the nice people who owned the place to give me some sign as to where my friends were hiding. I didn't like that feeling. Bono was looking around, being observant yet oblivious, and clinging to my hand. I tugged him along. "Come on, let's find a little table or something and-" "SURPRISE!!!" It even scared the crap out of me- the yell and everyone suddenly popping up from nowhere. Bono jumped and clutched his chest, but he recovered fairly quickly. I was laughing at him, watching his face slowly register what had just happened. He grinned and put his hand to his face. "Wow...I almost had a heart attack. I had no clue...who's idea was this?" Edge chuckled. "Lilly's, of course. Who else's?" Bono turned back to me with an expression that looked like too many emotions were battling inside him. "Oh, Lilly..." He picked me up swiftly and I wrapped my legs around his waist, and he kissed me passionately. I couldn't really breathe, but I didn't care. I kissed him back and ran my hands all through his hair. Finally, he let me slide back down to the floor. "Come over here, love. I want to talk to you for a minute."

He pulled me away from the others and placed his hand on my cheek. "You've done so much for me today. I mean, you got me a gift, then you practically pledged your life to me, and now this. It was a sweet idea in itself, but have you any idea how hard it is to actually keep a secret from me? I owe you, Lilly." I kissed his hand. "You don't owe me anything. Except love." He snickered. "Well, that's what I meant. I owe you, later..." And he winked. Oh God. Now I wouldn't be able to think about anything else for the rest of the night. I laughed, and he hugged me again. "But really, Lilly...thank you." It was the most sincere thank you I had ever heard. "Now I'm going to go get us some drinks...isn't that what men do for women in clubs?" As he raced off, Paul tapped me on the shoulder. "Good job, Lilly. He was actually surprised. That pretty much never happens with surprise parties." Even when paying me a compliment, his demeanor was very controlled and aloof. I wished that he would have a stiff drink and just go nuts on the dancefloor...start yelling and do a really stupid dance or something. He was always standing about, like he was watching over everything and everybody.

Bono came back with two small glasses full of a dark liquid and ice, and handed one to me. I looked at it warily. "What is this?" He shrugged. "I have no idea, but we're going to take a BIG sip at the same time, ok? On the count of three. One..." I took a deep breath. "Two..." He grinned."THREE!" We both took a gulp. First, my tongue burned. Then the fire spread through the back of my throat to my nose. I almost lost my balance. Then an unusual feeling of slightly tingly well-being crept through my body. Bono was still grinning. "Oy, it burns like hell, but I like it! I wonder what it is?" I choked a little on the dryness that the fire left behind. "Hmm, my guess is whiskey." I didn't like the burn, but I liked the feeling that came after. I finished the glass, and so did he. I felt very warm, like either the temperature in the room had gone up, or I was becoming feverish. Bono tugged at his collar. "I'm gonna go get us another...and then we're gonna dance!" That should be interesting, I thought. He wasn't a good dancer to begin with. With a little alcohol in him, God only knew what it would look like. Edge appeared next to me. "Lilly, this is great. Bon told me what you told him earlier too. Right now, I think he's the luckiest guy on earth." It was probably the sweetest thing anyone other than Bono had ever said to me. I hugged him. "Awww, Edge...I'm the lucky one, really. Hey...where's Adam?" He shook his head. "Who knows? He disappeared somewhere, you know..." I nodded and giggled. "Adam stuff. Little brat!" Bono came back with the glasses and handed me one. His cheeks were flushed, making his freckles stand out, like seeds in a watermelon or something. Edge raised his eyebrow. "Wow, you guys aren't wasting any time, eh? Catch ya later..." And he wandered off. I was not a drinker, so this was hitting me kind of hard. The most I'd ever had were a few margaritas at a barbeque. This stuff was serious.

Bono took my hand. "C'mon lovely, let's dance." As he pulled me closer to him, I realized the haze of heat around me. Every time he touched me, it was electric. Everywhere his body touched mine, there was heat left behind. His dancing could be considered pretty awful by most standards. But even without the buzz, I would have found his ridiculous, clumsy moves endearing. And I was no dancer myself, so I just followed him. It was exhilarating. Everyone else in the room was bopping around, doing their own thing. They all looked pretty young, but I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention. The song changed, and Bono groaned. "I hear this song everywhere I go! I need a break, anyway..." I laughed. "It's new, of course you're going to hear it everywhere." He was getting a little sweaty. "C'monnnn, I know you want to sing to it..." He was trying to supress a grin, and then he burst into song. "Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world..." I heard lots of voices joining in, but Bono's wail just soared above everyone. I burst out laughing, and he kept singing. A few people turned to look, and some were chuckling in amusement. I still had no idea where Adam had disappeared to, but Larry and Edge were watching and laughing. Larry whistled, sort of uncharacteristically. Bono grabbed my arm. "Lilly, SING with me!" My usual reaction in this kind of situation would be to pull my arm back, hiss "NO", and attempt to remove myself from any semblence of the center of attention. I don't know if it was the whiskey buzz, or simply that Bono had erased that hard-wired reaction, but I sang along with him, fairly loudly and somewhat off-key. "A singer in a smokey room, a smell of wine and cheap perfume..." He put his arms around my neck and leaned on me, causing me to stumble a little. "For a smile they can share the night, it goes on and on and on and on..." I was pretty sure a lot of people were looking, but I didn't care. All I was really aware of was Bono being so close to me, beaming and singing. Yeah, he was singing Journey, but I would listen to him sing the alphabet. Not even that would be lame. And I wouldn't tell him, but I secretly liked that song.

Yey! Awesome :D I love the new avatar by the way, ment to tell you in PLEBA but forgot it:hyper:

Ok, I just finished sending it to all of you on my list. Hope I didn't miss anyone. I accidentally sent it to BF1 twice :doh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom